Ayr United vs Clyde

D'Jaffo

2 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Raith really looking like they are pushing for relegation next season. Berra and Zanatta are both shite and will only take them one way and that is back to the seaside 

You can't get relegated from the Premier league  into the seaside leagues pal. 

I'm sure the Ayr lads have a fair idea of our situation, but to put in context.  Instead of all our clubs deciding under the circumstances that completing 18 games would be enough, each team playing each other home and away once, they decided to put what are in the vast majority of cases part time players through the most ridiculous fixture schedule ever specifically so they could then play another 4 games each, the purpose for which absolutely nobody knows.

To the point that if something truly bizarre happened today and we beat Ayr, most of our support would likely be, and it seems incredible to say this, 'disappointed' because it adds yet another game into the mix.  When you've got to that stage you know the game's fucked.  

26 minutes ago, BrigtonClyde said:

I'm sure the Ayr lads have a fair idea of our situation, but to put in context.  Instead of all our clubs deciding under the circumstances that completing 18 games would be enough, each team playing each other home and away once, they decided to put what are in the vast majority of cases part time players through the most ridiculous fixture schedule ever specifically so they could then play another 4 games each, the purpose for which absolutely nobody knows.

To the point that if something truly bizarre happened today and we beat Ayr, most of our support would likely be, and it seems incredible to say this, 'disappointed' because it adds yet another game into the mix.  When you've got to that stage you know the game's fucked.  

I still can't believe Lennon said his preference would've been to complete the normal 27 game season. 

I get what you mean in the 2nd part, have similar kind of thoughts. Match preview saying Goodwillie will be assessed closer to kick off. Wouldn't even bother, should be nowhere near the squad for this even if he passes a fitness test. 

18 minutes ago, BrigtonClyde said:

m sure the Ayr lads have a fair idea of our situation, but to put in context.  Instead of all our clubs deciding under the circumstances that completing 18 games would be enough, each team playing each other home and away once, they decided to put what are in the vast majority of cases part time players through the most ridiculous fixture schedule ever specifically so they could then play another 4 games each, the purpose for which absolutely nobody knows.

Pretty shitty what the powers to be have done in L1 . Gives the Partick’s and Falkirk’s of the world a huge advantage (maybe the plan all along) ! Anyway , I have always considered Clyde a second tier club and hope you can avoid the drop and push on next season . Had some great days in that wee pub across from Shawfield Stadium back in the day . 

Right , seems the Super Ayr have a clean bill off health which is almost unheard off . Think I’d start with Moff and McKenzie and bring big Dry on for the last 30 mins as Moff starts blowing . Corrie to get a rest and Todd and Barjonas to start . Zanatta to never be seen in the black and white again .... Looks like a fine spring day so maybe some football will break out . Only wish we could be there . In the old days the Scottish Cup games were a priority and away supports would triple and games with noise and atmosphere were the norm . Where did all that go ?

Getting a bit fed up of constantly reading about our busy schedule. The management & players wanted games to return yet all they seem to do now is whinge about it. They’re in a privileged position in that they are actually allowed to play football & meet in groups. The supporters can’t so be grateful you have that opportunity. I want a win today, what’s the point in a team playing if they didn’t want to win or were worried about having to play another game of football?

A win today could be the difference of having a semi competent player next season rather than relying on players such as Vajs, Bain or Jack. 

Get tore in about them Clyde!!

Ps. Apologies for the rant. I just want to be able to return to midweek 7’s & for Clyde to start winning more often...

2 hours ago, BrigtonClyde said:

The clubs didn't want to have to refund too much season ticket money right? 

1 hour ago, North British said:

Pretty shitty what the powers to be have done in L1 . Gives the Partick’s and Falkirk’s of the world a huge advantage (maybe the plan all along) ! Anyway , I have always considered Clyde a second tier club and hope you can avoid the drop and push on next season . Had some great days in that wee pub across from Shawfield Stadium back in the day . 

Right , seems the Super Ayr have a clean bill off health which is almost unheard off . Think I’d start with Moff and McKenzie and bring big Dry on for the last 30 mins as Moff starts blowing . Corrie to get a rest and Todd and Barjonas to start . Zanatta to never be seen in the black and white again .... Looks like a fine spring day so maybe some football will break out . Only wish we could be there . In the old days the Scottish Cup games were a priority and away supports would triple and games with noise and atmosphere were the norm . Where did all that go ?

The 'powers' only stopped the league, the clubs did this. 

As much as I agree with most Clyde fans we should he resting anyone important today, I still have a "worry" Lennon will pick as strong as team as possible (still allowing for his recent rotation) and will go for it.

ETA: And we'll still lose even if we go for it of course.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Regardless of the result the £20000 SFA payout will be very welcome.
As it is a cup tie do we get a share of the film rights?

Film rights? Didn’t know they’re were making a movie of this fixture - buzzing for the extended blu-ray version with all the outtakes, warm ups and stuff

1 hour ago, Jaggy Snake said:

As much as I agree with most Clyde fans we should he resting anyone important today, I still have a "worry" Lennon will pick as strong as team as possible (still allowing for his recent rotation) and will go for it.

ETA: And we'll still lose even if we go for it of course.

Yep known Danny we will pick our strongest team this season but if he does he does.

fist time in a long time we have a manager that wants to win everything where in the past managers like Duffy and Ferguson has played weak teams in games I still would have liked to win.

so not going to complain.

Edited by BullyWeeLad

4 hours ago, itzdrk said:

The clubs didn't want to have to refund too much season ticket money right? 

Whatever the reason for the 4 extra games they certainly can't argue it's got anything to do with sporting integrity or 'fairness'. Could be as you're saying to do with season ticket refunds or even just a case of squeezing as much pay per view pounds out as they think they can get away with

Wouldn't be surprised if a memo was sent downstairs reminding Danny that yet again we're financially Donald Ducked, so if he could see his way clear & put out as strong a side as possible as we really need that 20k now.  But would have to think it'll be a weakened side, few full time clubs could sustain that schedule let alone part time