Ayr United vs Clyde

D'Jaffo

Is anyone actually interested in this one?

I’m hoping that Ndaba and maybe even Wright are back for this one although I don’t expect the latter to start. Maybe see a start for Josh Todd though.

We have two matches before then, we might be able to show some interest on Friday.

Despite the financial boost of getting through, I can't see us taking this seriously at all given the fixture list we have.

31 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m hoping that Ndaba and maybe even Wright are back for this one although I don’t expect the latter to start. Maybe see a start for Josh Todd though.

Not at all. Which is a shame as it is the Scottish Cup, but no, not at all.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d go 442 for this

Sinisalo

Houston

Baird

Nbada

Reading

McCowan

Muirhead

Murdoch

Walsh

Moff

McKenzie

5 hours ago, ecocme said:

I’d go 442 for this

Sinisalo

Houston

Baird

Nbada

Reading

McCowan

Muirhead

Murdoch

Walsh

Moff

McKenzie

I'd start Todd and give him as close to 90 as he can manage, probably wouldn't start against Dundee midweek so has to get some sort of game time otherwise he will hardly feature. Maybe give McCowan a rest for this one as he is going to be needed for almost every minute from now on.   Would also start Barjonas if fit for the same reason. 

Given the Elgin game we went full strength I presume other than knocks we will go again.  Clyde playing a lot of games but you wonder how much impact it will actually have if they are just replacing training - some but less than you'd think I presume.  

Clyde fans:

https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/live-streaming

That's the link to buy PPV for the game - looks like it will be £10.  You will be emailed a code. 

Stream goes up about 2:45/50 on Saturday, any problems logging in with your code then there is a live chat from a bit after 2:00 and you get to talk to me (but gonny no so I can sit and watch the game in peace :wub:).

14 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Would be a right minter to get beat from a league 1 team at home who are playing their third game in 6 days

It will be their third game in 5 days and their fourth in 8. Unbelievable scenes.

I think the team on Saturday will depend very much on how we do tonight; if and it’s a massive if, we get a result Lennon might be tempted to play one or 2 players he might not have. Goodie (if fit) Lang (if fit) to name a couple. As there would be a little bit of pressure off given that would be also on the back of winning at Peterhead and out draw at Montrose.

If we lose at East Fife then no way I think he would risk a whole raft of players for next weeks instalment of the football  marathon and the desperate need for points against teams around us in the table.

Under normal circumstances I’d be dreading this given the squad we have, but I feel strangely unconcerned despite the fact we have played 47 games in the last 7 days with a squad of about 18. 

Ayr will score however many they want and I hope Danny fields the weakest team possible. We play Tuesday Thursday Saturday next week again and next Thursday against Forfar at Broadwood could be the one that decides our season. 

Edited by Karpaty Lviv

7 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

I think the team on Saturday will depend very much on how we do tonight; if and it’s a massive if, we get a result Lennon might be tempted to play one or 2 players he might not have. Goodie (if fit) Lang (if fit) to name a couple. As there would be a little bit of pressure off given that would be also on the back of winning at Peterhead and out draw at Montrose.

If we lose at East Fife then no way I think he would risk a whole raft of players for next weeks instalment of the football  marathon and the desperate need for points against teams around us in the table.

So we lost tonight. 

Need to rest as many players as possible for this, plain and simply. It's a shame we don't have the depth in defence as we do in midfield/attack so will still need to play 2 (maybe even 3 if he chooses to play Howie RB or McNiff LB) of Howie, Rumsby and McNiff. But elsewhere, just play the likes of one of the backup keepers, Lloyd Robertson, Butterworth and Ritchie-Hosler. Probably add Bain and Jack to that as I'd have them down the pecking order when everyone's available. f**k it, get Danny Lennon on too. 

The scary thing for me is that even guys in positions that are a bit more easy in terms of running (centre half), were clearly struggling tonight. McNiff looked like he was literally asleep, or drunk. Rumsby wasn't much better.

Tuesday and Thursday are important. This tie isn't, and I think we'll struggle at Falkirk the following Saturday as well. Surely Lloyd Robertson will be used in this one :lol: 

Still, we can't moan as we put ourselves in this position. This noble attitude of the 20 L1/2 teams to "stick together" looks even more ridiculous with every passing game. That game tonight was a complete joke. The fact the PFA are allowing players to go through this fixture list is a shambles (why were the league fixtures not scheduled for last Friday instead of Saturday, allowing teams to play Monday then Thursday this week?!).

With Clyde looking certain to rest their first teamers I’d like to see us mix it up a bit also- Our 2nd string  should have enough about them to beat Clyde 3rd string team;

Line up: 

Sinisalo

Hewitt

Roscoe

Baird

Reading

Barjonas

Miller

Todd

Walsh

Zanatta- If he doesn’t make an impact in the first half pull him off at HT never to be seen again. 

Moffat

Subs- Urminsky, Houston, Ndaba, Muirhead, Murdoch, Chalmers, McKenzie

Edited by ayrunitedfw