Arbroath vs Alloa,

Think we definitely deserved it Parry made a few really good saves. 4-2 or something been a fairer result. 

Jack Hamilton was excellent today. Low, Williamson and Gold also very good. Moore had some very good moments but was quieter today. Terrible defending for the goal. 

Get in

That was really all about the result and nothing else, I suppose the rest of the games will be the same, we’ve given ourselves a chance.

The fact Alloa got in behind with the same long ball 4 times is a concern going forward.

Shaping up to be a cup final against Morton last game.

Alloa played some good competitive football, will be sorry to see them go down - it was a nervous last 5 minutes, so fair play to Alloa for making it a tough match.

Every player for Arbroath made a great contribution - each player gave 100%  - well done to all the players.

Morton and Ayr and now fighting it out with Arbroath to avoid  finishing 9th in the league.

C'mon the 'broath.

Alloa showed the usual quality from Cawley and Trouten. Maybe deserved a point but that made up for the one nil earlier in the season when we pummelled them. A nervy game from both sides which was never going to be pretty. Good luck to Alloa however their season finishes .

Determined effort from Arbroath ... we definitely deserved it, committed more going forward than Alloa. They are always dangerous on the break (and have scored many more than is this season and they definitely had at least a couple of decent chances). I thought we’d blown it after allowing Alloa to level - in what looked like somewhat of a defensive lapse. Good substitutions brought us a fraction more control and created the goal - huge credit to David Gold on gambling that the ball in might break so a real striker’s (or technically late-arriving midfielder - ie a Trouten). I thought Low and Williamson did well.

After conceding a late equaliser at the Recs in the last encounter, it was sweet to edge it late here. We’ve a lot to do to escape a playoff (maybe even automatic relegation slot if Alloa do their spectacular late revival thing), but this performance though not exactly pretty or convincing (though definitely committed) gives us some heart after a poor recent run.

First home game in a while where the wind has not been a factor .. but possibly a case for watering the pitch ( if we had the capacity) beforehand

Personally though Moore was piss poor, offered absolutely nothing. 

Moore is no Bobby Linn. He does cause some chaos in opposition defences at times with his close control, but he’s so one footed that he seldom gets a cross in playing on the right. Still, apart from Hilson, he’s all we’ve got as a winger and he does have an impact. I doubt Hearts will keep him.

7 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

Moore is no Bobby Linn. He does cause some chaos in opposition defences at times with his close control, but he’s so one footed that he seldom gets a cross in playing on the right. Still, apart from Hilson, he’s all we’ve got as a winger and he does have an impact. I doubt Hearts will keep him.

Hearts have already told him to find a new club. I also think he still has a year left on his current deal. 

Worst possible result from a Morton point of view. We really need to make sure of safety in the next four games if we can, before that last game of the season at Gayfield - otherwise it’ll definitely be squeaky-bum time all round. Winning our game in hand on Tuesday against Caley Thistle would be a big step towards safety but after that we have a slightly tougher run-in than you do, against Dundee and Hearts the next two Saturdays before Alloa on the 24th.  The good thing is that Arbroath play Ayr United on the 17th, if all three of us are still involved in this mess then from a Morton perspective something has to give in that one.

Shame that Alloa are all but down now, I quite liked what little  I’ve seen of them this term but at least it means they probably won’t still be fighting for survival when we play them - we need every little advantage that we can get now........

That was the worst referee that we've had for a while, hope he doesn't get many more of our games.

The game itself wasn't a classic but with both sides needing the points it was never going to be. Thought it was pretty even and after Alloa equalised I thought Trouten might have nicked another goal but thankfully our subs made a difference and we got the winner.

Nicky Low played very well and showed some skill and vision in midfield and as said, the subs made a difference when they came on. And well done to David Gold, a solid performance and getting into that position to score the winner. So a welcome 3 points but still all to play for to aim for 8th place at the end of the season.

3 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Worst possible result from a Morton point of view. We really need to make sure of safety in the next four games if we can, before that last game of the season at Gayfield - otherwise it’ll definitely be squeaky-bum time all round. Winning our game in hand on Tuesday against Caley Thistle would be a big step towards safety but after that we have a slightly tougher run-in than you do, against Dundee and Hearts the next two Saturdays before Alloa on the 24th.  The good thing is that Arbroath play Ayr United on the 17th, if all three of us are still involved in this mess then from a Morton perspective something has to give in that one.

Shame that Alloa are all but down now, I quite liked what little  I’ve seen of them this term but at least it means they probably won’t still be fighting for survival when we play them - we need every little advantage that we can get now........

in the long term it is bad for teams like Morton , Arbroath,  ect  is that  the 1 or two teams coming up from the first are more likely to be stronger than Alloa next season , and it makes it tougher in the championship , there may not be a team as weak as alloa have been this season in summary , We have been the Brechin of this term to an extent .

Edited by whereismillar

3 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

in the long term it is bad for teams like Morton , Arbroath,  ect  is that  the 1 or two teams coming up from the first are more likely to be stronger than Alloa next season , and it makes it tougher in the championship , there may not be a team as weak as alloa have been this season in summary , We have been the Brechin of this term to an extent .

Nowhere near Brechin levels yous. And maybe so but I’m quite happy. We’re not far off a decent championship team. The first 9 games has done us if we go down, all the injuries not helped either mind you. Fingers crossed and see what happens.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Nowhere near Brechin levels yous. And maybe so but I’m quite happy. We’re not far off a decent championship team. The first 9 games has done us if we go down, all the injuries not helped either mind you. Fingers crossed and see what happens.

yeah i know but as i said to an extent , we have looked like going down for months now   ,  best of luck going forward

the 9th place fight will be good to watch , at least we can accept our fate and no squeeky bum time involved  🙂

Brechin? Nowhere near.