Hammy

Craigen
Low
Williamson

Hilson
Hamilton
Moore

4-3-3 and put pressure on Alloas back 4 who like to play out from the back,

Very little that we can change, Dont no if its possible to bring anyone else in on loan or anything else

Gaston
JT ( Stewart )
Little
ToB
Hammy

Craigen
Low
Williamson

Hilson
Hamilton
Moore

4-3-3 and put pressure on Alloas back 4 who like to play out from the back,

Very little that we can change, Dont no if its possible to bring anyone else in on loan or anything else

Can sign players on loan from within Scotland until the end of March IIRC.

Plain and simple, we just need to win here. Don’t want to be coming onto here at 4.45 on Saturday hearing another hard luck story about how we were “unlucky”, players need to stand up and be counted. Win here could kickstart another wee run which is exactly what we need.

Must win game for alloa as well, playing decent football at times but the  goals we are losing is schoolboy stuff.  I hope peter grant does the right thing and drops his son as his contribution is poor to say the least.  I would go with same team as last week  but bring trouten in for grant  but no sure that will happen. They have to go for it.

Surely safe to say it's over unless we win this one; maybe not mathematically, but realistically we won't be gaining five/eight points on Arbroath in the remaining games.

Fingers crossed. Let's take it down to the wire, at least. And please, no Ray Grant.

Absolute scratching my head on what team to start with as the "main" attacking/goal threat Bobby Linn is out and obviously you should not rely on ONE player but our good run coincided with his return to the starting XI.

I am going to go with McKenna more through the middle supporting Hilson and Hamilton and pushing up more with Moore hoping getting in the crosses.

Also PLEASE try more shots on goal rather than a side way pass if there is a chance of a shot at goal, and if it is not working there are a few attacking options on the bench so get them on early if we need a change, lets NOT go into this game not to be beaten but go for the win as it is still in our hands.

GASTON

THOMSON (STEWART)    LITTLE    TOB    C.HAMILTON

WILLIAMSON    CRAIGEN    MOORE

McKENNA

J.HAMILTON    HILSON

In DC we trust - C'MON THE RED LICHTIES, 36-0.

Would play the same team as last week unless Thomson is fit, we need the win, you could argue that Alloa need it more and would be wary of writing them off, most games between teams are usually fairly evenly matched. We need to take maximum points from the 3 home games to avoid 9th.

We just need to win this, don't care how. I'd take a scrappy 1-0 if that's what it takes. I'd be tempted to keep Hamilton in the team because he can clearly score goals but he's obviously been out of form the past few weeks which makes this more difficult as we've been pretty short of goals all season.  On the plus side I can't see us conceding many here and I'm fairly confident we can scrape a win if we need to.

5 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Absolute scratching my head on what team to start with as the "main" attacking/goal threat Bobby Linn is out and obviously you should not rely on ONE player but our good run coincided with his return to the starting XI.

I am going to go with McKenna more through the middle supporting Hilson and Hamilton and pushing up more with Moore hoping getting in the crosses.

Also PLEASE try more shots on goal rather than a side way pass if there is a chance of a shot at goal, and if it is not working there are a few attacking options on the bench so get them on early if we need a change, lets NOT go into this game not to be beaten but go for the win as it is still in our hands.

GASTON

THOMSON (STEWART)    LITTLE    TOB    C.HAMILTON

WILLIAMSON    CRAIGEN    MOORE

McKENNA

J.HAMILTON    HILSON

In DC we trust - C'MON THE RED LICHTIES, 36-0.

That’s a cracking lineup and the team I would play, Possibly Gold ahead of Williamson. It’s in our hands but we have to win our last 3 home games no matter what and definitely more than capable of picking something up away to Raith & Dunfermline, It’s looking like it could go down to the wire and that last home game against Morton on Friday night  🇱🇻⚽🙌

13 hours ago, BFTD said:

And please, no Ray Grant.

if he was going to drop him he would by now , most likely will start, PG has the rose tinted specs on watching his son play , just as well there is no crowd at the games as far as RG is concerned ...I can  imagine a certain section of our fans would let him know how we feel , more's the pity .

2 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

if he was going to drop him he would by now , most likely will start, PG has the rose tinted specs on watching his son play , just as well there is no crowd at the games as far as RG is concerned ...I can  imagine a certain section of our fans would let him know how we feel , more's the pity .

I know; that was more of a prayer to any Great Old Ones who might be listening  :(

It's not necessarily must win for Arbroath. If the Lichties come out of it with a draw and maintain a 4 point gap over us with 4 games left then we're pretty much finished. Clearly one that Arbroath would love to win to bury Alloa and boost their chances of 8th, but I'd say it's more of a must not lose rather than must win for Arbroath. 

For Alloa it most certainly is a must win. So frustrating that we put ourselves in a great position at the weekend then threw away 2 points with a ridiculous OG, an even more daft goal than the one we conceded against Arbroath at the Recs. We cannot give away any gifts like that on Saturday.

I'd also like to see Robertson and Hetherington in the middle and Lynch at RB but doubt that will happen. Regardless, it's win or bust for Alloa and I hope we have a right go at it. 

Edited by Waspie