Accies vs Saints 3/4/21

btb

HT 0-1
Yep good performance so far and we certainly deserve to be ahead. Nice positive team selection and we’ve been on the front foot from the off. Was a very well taken goal by McGrath.
Long way to go, I expect Accies to come back into it. As long as we get in the hat for the next round I don’t care how we do it. 0-3 or winning the penalty shoot out, either is fine.

I thought the first 20 minutes or so was a good performance but we’ve been very sloppy since. Great save from Alnwick to keep it level. We’re finally creating a few chances for Obika and he can’t shoot. [emoji51]

I don’t see why Doyle-Hayes is still playing if he’s going to be away in the summer. He’s been well below par since his injury, would much rather see Flynn or MacPherson getting a chance.

Great goal by Dennis, badly missed him in the run into the split. Curled into the top corner with his left foot from 25 yards out. He’s a fantastic player.
0-2, surely game over...

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Absolute monster. All of his penalties are absolutely 'saveable', but because he knows he sends the keeper the wrong way every single time, he can just put it wherever he likes.

I'd prefer all of them to be like his 2nd penalty v DU, top corner, unsaveable.

FT 0-3
Fantastic performance and a great result, certainly never expected it to be so easy. Well deserved, Accies had a great chance early second half, missed it then chucked it.
Our season would have effectively ended had we lost this, so there was a bit of pressure going into the game and it was a tricky draw.
Got through it in style, great stuff from the players and manager. Dennis is still the first choice striker for me and I expect to see him starting most games between now and the end of the season. What a find he’s been and you can’t help but wondering what if he hadn’t spent most of the season injured. Another great goal from him today.
Already had one cup run this season and no reason we can’t have another. Look at some of the potential last 16 opponents; Clyde, Montrose, Brora/Stranraer, Edinburgh City/Forfar, East Fife/Morton... if the draw is kind we will have great chance of a third consecutive quarter final. Or we could draw Sevco and knock them out of two cups, why not. Good times.

19 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I'd prefer all of them to be like his 2nd penalty v DU, top corner, unsaveable.

They don't have to be though, if you know you're sending the keeper the wrong way every time you can just put it far enough away from him.

Aiming for right in the corner increases the risk of missing.