Scotland Vs Faroe Islands Weds 31st March

Gordopolis

1 minute ago, stuart87 said:

It’s amazing what one win can do (even against the Faroes) for everyone’s confidence and belief.

Yes.

Interestingly as much as I rate Tierney (and I do) this humping of the Faroes seeming to be the catalyst for the Tierney hype machine to go into overdrive is quite something. It is good to see him getting some credit though.

6 hours ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

While people suggesting moving full-backs to wingers is almost universally an idiotic idea, I'd be tempted to actually try it with KT if we ever played with wingers again. He honestly reminds me so much of early Gareth Bale. I've not seen anyone since him who's so consistent at beating the full-back on the outside with pure pace. 

Only if we’re playing against some utter dung, are 3-0 up with 10 minutes to go and...

1 minute ago, Scumjob said:

Yes.

Interestingly as much as I rate Tierney (and I do) this humping of the Faroes seeming to be the catalyst for the Tierney hype machine to go into overdrive is quite something. It is good to see him getting some credit though.

^^^this is basically why.

10 hours ago, craigkillie said:

15 caps now for Scotland, we've scored once with him on the pitch.

16. If you've checked the number of caps on Wiki, they were last updated before the Israel game in October where he came off the bench.

A few points for me:

1. That was an enjoyable performance.
2. I thought we looked much more comfortable with McTominay at centre back.
3. Suggestions of moving Tierney or Robertson into different positions, or being dropped, seems utterly mental to me.
4. Ian Crocker referring to John McGinn as "McGinniesta" should be enough to see Sky liquidated. 

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

I know I'm wrong, but for some strange reason I actually like Provan as a co-commentator.

My theory is that sky employ idiots in that role on purpose.

It makes the average armchair fan think that they are tactical geniuses if they can plausibly hold a better opinion than a supposed expert or at least identify when said expert us talking shite. 

People are more likely to fork out £30 a month to feel clever than to be made to feel stupid. 

Great attacking performance last night, and I'm delighted for the boy Adams getting off his mark. He looked like he enjoyed that.

Our midfield press, or lack of it, is still a worry. We stood off the Faroes at points and just let them have shots and crosses. I might have thought this was due to them not being seen as a threat, but we do that with all teams, some of whom (Israel, Austria, Slovakia) punish us for it. We have the players to play an aggressive press/counter attack game. I don't think we'll qualify if our midfield continue to stand off.

11 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Watching the sportscene highlights: McTominay "should of" scored, according to Michael Stewart.
Can someone please tell him? Totally rips my crust!

It is worse when someone writes it.  Which is what I thought you had done until I read it properly.

Not the best showing from Dykes who was on his heels at times and looked a bit bereft of self-belief which is unlike him, but worth remembering the role he played in the opening goal, making a good run down the side and putting the ball into the box. 

Excellent finish from Adams, even if most teams would have picked the ball off him after his first touch. He was given a lot of room, but the finish was lovely and there were signs over the course of the window that he is going to work well in this side. Encouraging. 

Tierney excellent, Robertson good, Fraser was good, McLean was fine, Mcginn was good, McTominay was very good. Plenty to be pleased with. 

A few dodgy moments at the back that good sides would punish but an enjoyable second half, a comfortable scoreline and, daft warm-up games aside, we have the FUCKING EUROS NEXT. 

Denmark away? Awk don't worry. Well rock up with the euros trophy tucked under our arm and chuck them about. 

Guest bernardblack
14 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

For all John McGinn plays a deeper role at Villa we need to play him in an advanced role. Lying deep for us his decision making is poor and he gives the ball away far too cheaply. Further forward he's a huge asset.
As an aside, with regard to the deeper role I though Kenny McLean was really solid tonight. Obviously not the highest standard of opposition but he was calm, composed, happy to take the ball in confined spaces and kept possession really well. 

It’s a bit of a cliche, but you can tell Kenny McLean is enjoying his football right now. I thought he was excellent last night 

It’s a bit of a cliche, but you can tell Kenny McLean is enjoying his football right now. I thought he was excellent last night 

Yep he’s a fantastic footballer. He’s playing week in week out for the team running away with the English Championship title so no surprise to see that he’s full of confidence. Would like to see him start against the Czechs.