Scotland Vs Faroe Islands Weds 31st March

Gordopolis

18 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

And I don't know what the f**k you're talking about

unsurprising tbh given you were the guy absolutely shiteing yourself off the Faroes about six hours ago

30 minutes ago, G51 said:

Dykes, O'Donnell and McBurnie are all extremely mediocre players that we simply have to patch if we want to actually go somewhere as a nation.

Ok but I don't think starting with 7 outfield players is a very good idea, so until someone better comes along they're going to get games.

Well, two of them are.

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

Ok but I don't think starting with 7 outfield players is a very good idea, so until someone better comes along they're going to get games.

Well, two of them are.

We already have someone better to replace Dykes and McBurnie in the starting XI. His name is Che Adams.

The replacement for O'Donnell is waiting in the wings.

I know it's absolute cliché territory, but on a night on which San Marino, Andorra, Liechtenstein and the Faroe Islands were playing, nobody scored more than 4 goals.

Tonight was a perfectly respectable scoreline.

Just now, G51 said:

We already have someone better to replace Dykes and McBurnie in the starting XI. His name is Che Adams.

I think we're going to need more than one forward, and Adams isn't even the same style of player as Dykes.

I genuinely don't know what replacement you're talking about for O'Donnell.

5 minutes ago, G51 said:

We already have someone better to replace Dykes and McBurnie in the starting XI. His name is Che Adams

So biased it is obvious. Even if Nathan Patterson is any good I will follow u around this forum telling u he is SHITE. 

Why - because what is good for the goose is good for the Ranger 

Edited by welldaft

Can we all stop for a moment to collectively thank Arsenal Football Club for using some EPL-level pocket change to meet Celtic’s ransom demands thus rescuing, rehoming and rehabilitating Kieron Tierney after several years of being physically broken and neglected in the east end of Glasgow? 

We can?

Ok.

Thank you Arsenal.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

McBurnie doesn’t get shots off. That’s not his game, it’s never been his game and it never will be. He plays by dropping into midfield and either giving us an extra man in there or dragging a defender with him opening up space. His game is about link-up.

That’s just rubbish.

Do you really think he “didn’t get shots off”when he scored 22 goals in a season two years ago?

Is the hyperbolic, condescending, matter of fact charade a way of trying to appear more knowledgeable than others?

10 minutes ago, welldaft said:

So biased it is obvious. Even if Nathan Patterson is any good I will follow u around this forum telling u he is SHITE. 

Why - because what is good for the goose is good for the Ranger 

You must be the only Motherwell fan that thinks O'Donnell is good for Motherwell, let alone Scotland.

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

That’s just rubbish.

Do you really think he “didn’t get shots off”when he scored 22 goals in a season two years ago?

Is the hyperbolic, condescending, matter of fact charade a way of trying to appear more knowledgeable than others?

He didn't get shots off though. He took 1.83 a game in the Championship. That's not a lot. A high-volume shot taker is someone like Griffiths, who takes 5.21 a game in the Premiership.

Scoring 22 goals in the Championship is virtually meaningless. There are loads of bad finishers who score goals in that league.

23 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I think we're going to need more than one forward, and Adams isn't even the same style of player as Dykes.

I genuinely don't know what replacement you're talking about for O'Donnell.

Trying too hard again G. 

35237F13-B8AB-4172-B61F-269C6D108C6C.gif

He didn't get shots off though. He took 1.83 a game in the Championship. That's not a lot. A high-volume shot taker is someone like Griffiths, who takes 5.21 a game in the Premiership.
Scoring 22 goals in the Championship is virtually meaningless. There are loads of bad finishers who score goals in that league.
That last bit just sounds wild in every respect.

21 minutes ago, G51 said:

You must be the only Motherwell fan that thinks O'Donnell is good for Motherwell, let alone Scotland.

I think ODonnell has been fine on the whole for Scotland.

He's not, and never will be, a world beater. But the guy works his arse off up and down the pitch all game.

He's had bad games and made mistakes but so has the two world class players we have on the other side.

He's also a big handsome b*****d.

On 29/03/2021 at 10:38, BingMcCrosby said:

Can you run through quickly how having more guys standing furtherest back in our team. Bar the goalkeeper. Would give us more attacking players.

Just popping back in to point out that one of our centre-halves set up three goals from open play.