Scotland Vs Faroe Islands Weds 31st March

Gordopolis

I don’t want to be overly critical of him as I think people expect too much of him at times but i find he’s very negative 90% of the time (for Liverpool too) he tends to pass backwards more than he should. Don’t get me wrong he’d be in my team every game but he frustrates me at times. The 10% going forward is great to watch, I just want him to do it more and take the odd risk, I’m not questioning his effort, like you say he runs his heart out.

Part of the reason for that though is there’s often no forward pass on due to lack of bodies/movement ahead of him.

3 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

Give it a rest with O'Donnell f**k sake. He's not even playing and you still need to have a wee dig at him

And  putting Dykes in the McBurnie tier is laughable nonsense. We've got 15 caps of proof that MBurnie isn't up to it. Whereas Dykes has had 6 or 7 great performances, and 3 or 4 poor ones. You can't say "he isn't good enough" when you've watched him with your own eyeballs put in 3 potential MOTM performances ragdolling the Serbian, Slovak and Czech defences.

Again, McBurnie isn't good. But he isn't in this side to take shots and score goals, so to judge him on that is stupid.

Dykes had great performances when we built the team around hiding his weaknesses and playing to his strengths, which we did by going direct to him and getting runners around him, much like Livingston did with him. We now have a much better striker in Che Adams that gets the best out of our other players. If we aren't playing in a system that suits Lyndon Dykes perfectly, he's a man down. You can't just plug him in as a replacement for Adams.

Dykes, O'Donnell and McBurnie are all extremely mediocre players that we simply have to patch if we want to actually go somewhere as a nation.

Part of the reason for that though is there’s often no forward pass on due to lack of bodies/movement ahead of him.

Yes but not always, as I said I’d like him to take a few more risks. I just feel he only goes forward when he’s certain which means 10% forward and 90% back. There’s times when he turns back when I feel he could go forward. As I said I’m not trying to bash Robertson as I really rate the lad. It’s been a long time since we had the headache of Roberson or Tierney and it’s a nice headache to have [emoji23]

All in have to be happy with tonight. Yes it was only the Faroes but second half we blew them away comprehensively.

Robertson and Tierney linked very positively down the left and two well taken goals by McGinn. A superb strike by Adams for his goal, really enjoying how he plays, a machine of a player.

Hat trick of assists for KT who was my MOTM. Lovely ball by Robertson for the header from Fraser.

Ultimately got to be content with that, we played with the back three that we will likely see in June unless injury strikes, got through without any suspensions for Copenhagen and saw Austria smashed in such a way that it means they are in a battle for second with us and Israel.

Good night's work. 7 goals in 3 games. My club team have scored 7 goals in 15 games stretching back to Boxing Day. Throughly entertained this week!

Surely McBurnie will stop getting called up after the Euros? I think Clarke is just being loyal to him just now was he played in the Nations League campaign that got us there.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Surely McBurnie will stop getting called up after the Euros? I think Clarke is just being loyal to him just now was he played in the Nations League campaign that got us there.

I am biased but I would rather have Tony Watt v Oli McBurnie. He has done the sum total of f**k all this past year. 

That’ll do donkey, that’ll do.

Denmark, Moldova and Austria coming up, as long as we don’t lose in Austria, 4 points are probably acceptable from that, with a keen interest in how Austria v Israel goes.

Denmark at home in the last game is going to be the big one I think. Hopefully they’ll have qualified by then and chuck  it and Hampden will be full.

John McGinn has now scored 9 goals in his last 14 games for Scotland, what the f**k?

Edited by Les Cabbage

11 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

McGinn now onto 10 goals in 32 games. All of them coming in his last 18 games. Very impressive record

Looked it up. Only 16 players have ever scored more for the national team. More goals in less games than Naismith and Steven Fletcher.

I have my doubts about him deeper in midfield and still think he goes missing in games quite a lot. But he is a fast becoming a fantastic goal threat at this level and he should be first name in that attacking mid role every single game.

That’ll do donkey, that’ll do.
Denmark, Moldova and Austria coming up, as long as we don’t lose in Austria, 4 points are probably acceptable from that, with a keen interest in how Austria v Israel goes.
Denmark at home in the last game is going to be the big one I think. Hopefully they’ll have qualified by then and chuck  it and Hampden will be full.
John McGinn has now scored 9 goals in his last 11 games for Scotland, what the f**k?

Honestly thought after Israel we’d blown it, but I’m not convinced Austria are that great. Will they beat Israel home and Away? We’re not out of this and your right playing Denmark at home last might be a bonus.

6 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

F*cking hell - and the Spain 'keeper (for when we play them in the final)

IIRC we could play Spain in the last 16, either as group runners-up in Copenhagen, or if they win their group and we go through in third place then we could face them at Hampden.

I would lick every door handle in Texas to be allowed into that game.