Scotland Vs Faroe Islands Weds 31st March

Gordopolis

Good confidence building performance and result.

Best bit was Adams scoring. Bodes well for the future that we have a striker of decent age and level who looks capable of taking on the responsibility of scoring instead of waiting for chances to roll in front of him.

McBurnie doesn’t get shots off. That’s not his game, it’s never been his game and it never will be. He plays by dropping into midfield and either giving us an extra man in there or dragging a defender with him opening up space. His game is about link-up.
In that case how many assists does he have for Scotland?

This. I think people are underestimating them but they are a solid team who can be dangerous. They don’t play the most attractive football but o can see them taking points off Austria. 
I'd say Israel are a decent watch (against us at least). Fast, sharp passing and always capable of beautiful long range strikes.

2 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Get the negative folk in this thread to f**k. We’ve played 3 games and we are in second. It’s still all to play for and anything could happen yet we’ve got folk writing us off already.

We'll pump these Danish mugs home and away. Imagine shitebagging it from fucking Denmark, who we won't even play for another six months and post-Euros. wiggo.png

7 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Denmark are going to win this group.

To finish second we need at least 7 points from the remaining games against Denmark, Austria and Israel.

If you give Austria 15 points from their remaining games v Moldova, Faroes and Israel (which I am not convinced they'll get), and assume they'll lose in Denmark, that would only take them to 19.

If we win our remaining three against Moldova and the Faroes we'd be on 14. We'd therefore potentially only need 5 points if three of those came against Austria, or 6 points if we drew with Austria.

5 minutes ago, G51 said:

McBurnie doesn’t get shots off. That’s not his game, it’s never been his game and it never will be. He plays by dropping into midfield and either giving us an extra man in there or dragging a defender with him opening up space. His game is about link-up.

15 caps now for Scotland, we've scored once with him on the pitch.

Decent performance tonight. Pressure was on as a win was definitely required. So job done and the goals were well worked. Great to see Adams getting a goal. The fact it was a cracker is a bonus. He looks promising.

3 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

This. I think people are underestimating them but they are a solid team who can be dangerous. They don’t play the most attractive football but o can see them taking points off Austria. 

I am not sure about the last sentence but fingers crossed

Israel are reasonable. I've no idea why people paint them as rubbish

Neither do I. Israel are apparently rubbish yet Austria are decent. As others have said, can see Israel taking points off Austria - so all this doom and gloom from some is totally premature.

Poor first half, no disrespect to the Faroes but we should be beating them and 1-0 at H/T isn’t great as the Faroes could have grabbed one themselves with a decent effort from range. Second half was better but we’re still very negative and too many passes backwards. Overall a win is a win and Austria only beat them 3-1 at home. Still not impressed with McBurnie maybe our style of play doesn’t suit him as a player, Robertson is still very negative at times but his cross for the goal was excellent. Lots for Clarke to work on.

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It may just be me, but do folk maybe think Austria are better than they actually are just because one of their players plays for Bayern Munich?

I think its that plus most of their players play for German teams they have heard of.

Its no different to us having loads of players at EPL or English Championship clubs. On paper McBurnie would be at a good level if you didnt know any better.

Its why last week was such a missed opportunity. Place offs is ours to lose IMO.

1 minute ago, San Starko Rover said:

Poor first half, no disrespect to the Faroes but we should be beating them and 1-0 at H/T isn’t great as the Faroes could have grabbed one themselves with a decent effort from range. Second half was better but we’re still very negative and too many passes backwards. Overall a win is a win and Austria only beat them 3-1 at home. Still not impressed with McBurnie maybe our style of play doesn’t suit him as a player, Robertson is still very negative at times but his cross for the goal was excellent. Lots for Clarke to work on.

I think it's fair to sometimes be critical of Robertson's performances for Scotland, even if some of it is OTT, but "very negative"? That's not really something I've ever felt about him - he hares up and down the line and pings in a lot of crosses.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

15 caps now for Scotland, we've scored once with him on the pitch.

Sure, he's in the same group as Dykes and O'Donnell in that he isn't good enough to play at this level.

Doesn't mean his game should be judged on scoring goals though. If we stick McBurnie up front and expect to score by firing balls at his head we don't deserve to score in fifteen games, because that's bad management.

12 minutes ago, Scosha said:

I know it’s mentioned every time, but how fucking bad is McBurnie? Seriously. He couldn’t have had a better opportunity to get some shots in/a goal against a shattered Faroe Islands defence and he’s done heehaw, again. Get him binned for good. 

Sorry, I don't usually call out other people on here but that above is garbage.  I'm in no way McBurnie's biggest fan, in fact I don't think with the options we are starting to gain up front that he should be in the squad, but he came on literally when the tempo of the game had dropped right off at 4-0.  WTF do you expect, him to suddenly beat the entire Faroes team George Weah style then ping a worldy into the top corner via the junction of bar and post.  He can only 'get shots in/get a goal' when at that point chances are being created.

Other than that, thought it was a good showing, particularly second half.  Great to see Adams get off the mark thought he deserved it as he put in a great shift and has the pace and touch that, with decent service, will trouble better defences than the Faroes. 

Tierney is a complete and utter machine.  To be so confident at the back, to suddenly becoming a threat on left shows he has a terrific engine and confidence.  If we can get similar for the Euros we won't do badly.   I don't know whether Fraser can act at RWB against better teams, but thought he put in a great shift as well, and capped off a good performance with the goal.

I think it's fair to sometimes be critical of Robertson's performances for Scotland, even if some of it is OTT, but "very negative"? That's not really something I've ever felt about him - he hares up and down the line and pings in a lot of crosses.

I don’t want to be overly critical of him as I think people expect too much of him at times but i find he’s very negative 90% of the time (for Liverpool too) he tends to pass backwards more than he should. Don’t get me wrong he’d be in my team every game but he frustrates me at times. The 10% going forward is great to watch, I just want him to do it more and take the odd risk, I’m not questioning his effort, like you say he runs his heart out.