Scotland Vs Faroe Islands Weds 31st March

Gordopolis

We will shite it and play negative. We'll give them far too much respect and space.

My fear too, Clarke got us to a tournament and got the monkey off our back and I’ll always thank him for that but I’m still not convinced by his tactics. We seem very negative and give teams too much respect. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

2 minutes ago, Scosha said:

I know it’s mentioned every time, but how fucking bad is McBurnie? Seriously. He couldn’t have had a better opportunity to get some shots in/a goal against a shattered Faroe Islands defence and he’s done heehaw, again. Get him binned for good. 

What do you really want him to do when the ball is being played about our defence. 

Just now, Gibby82 said:

Annoys me how McBurnie plays with his socks down. That look is for tricky wingers and mavericks only, not big cart horses.

That "look" is for fucking bellends who think they are the dugs bollocks. Him being shite makes it even more unacceptable.

The topknot of sock lengths.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Has playing for a draw ever worked for us? 

Is there a history of the top seeds losing their last game, even if they have qualified?

We scudded Croatia in the last game of World Cup 2014 qualifying.

Second half a much better performance, 4-0 probably about a par score. Good result for us in Austria too. The Danes are clearly winning the group. We either need to win in Vienna or hope the Austrians drop points elsewhere - like we already have.
Adams must start every game when fit from now on, he’s clearly our best striker.
If McGinn keeps up his current scoring ratio he has a good chance of passing the Dalglish/Law joint record of 30 goals for Scotland. Quite remarkable when you consider he has never been prolific at club level. He now has more goals in 32 games for Scotland than he has in 98 games for Villa.

McBurnie doesn’t get shots off. That’s not his game, it’s never been his game and it never will be. He plays by dropping into midfield and either giving us an extra man in there or dragging a defender with him opening up space. His game is about link-up.

1 minute ago, Scosha said:

Make some runs, give the midfielders options, try and link up play. He literally does none of that. 

He literally did link up play the odd time the ball got near him.

He’s not very good, but desperately looking for him to be shite when he was fine is a bit much. 

Edited by No_Problemo

1 minute ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Israel are reasonable. I've no idea why people paint them as rubbish

This. I think people are underestimating them but they are a solid team who can be dangerous. They don’t play the most attractive football but o can see them taking points off Austria.