Scotland Vs Faroe Islands Weds 31st March

Gordopolis

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I'd be happy enough with the current XI with Cooper in for Hanley and Jack in for McLean. Let's see how Fraser gets on at wing back.

Same, with the exception of Fraser at wingback. IIRC he has played there before for Bournemouth but if we are going to play a winger/attacking player there rather than ODonnell or Palmer I think Forrest would be a better shout in that position (if he can get fit, etc.).

3 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Same, with the exception of Fraser at wingback. IIRC he has played there before for Bournemouth but if we are going to play a winger/attacking player there rather than ODonnell or Palmer I think Forrest would be a better shout in that position (if he can get fit, etc.).

Good shout. I would definitely have him in the squad anyway.

Fraser and Forrest either side of a striker gives us a different look anyway.

Pretty sure Fraser has played rwb for Scotland before too

Gordon in goal, Hanley at the back, Fraser at wing back, McLean and McGregor in midfield, McTominay in defence.  The whole Tierney/Robertson situation.

Yikes!

We better win this convincingly cos that's a shocker of a team.

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Good shout. I would definitely have him in the squad anyway.

Fraser and Forrest either side of a striker gives us a different look anyway.

Aye.

Different discussion from tonight's game but Forrest is a must in the squad for me. Gives us a wide attacking option on the right no one else provides.

As you say, him and Fraser either side with McGinn supporting Dykes/Adams could be a decent Plan B.

Talk about shoehorning you’re supposed best players into a starting 11. 

That is just a bizarre line up. McTominay should be in midfield full stop going forwards. 

I am surprised Clarke did not opt for Christie in goals on that basis. 

Hope it works. 

I don't get the flabbergastery about the line up.
McTominay is only in defence because the level of opposition should allow him to roam out regularly into midfield. Same with Tierney.
Ryan Fraser at wing back isn't totally crazy either - he's far more likely to unpick the Faroes than O'Donnell. Everyone is pretty much in the right position.