Footballers who are average as people

57 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Cameron Devlin and Nathan Paterson apparently live round the corner from me

I've not met either of them but the bloke who runs our local coffee shop says they're great blokes

Didn't read the OP. 

Will Smith Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Johan Cruyff signing my programme.

Johan Cruyff: Your page is wet.

Me (turning page): Can you sign there then?

Johan Cruyff: No.

This page is wet, this page is wet………..did you dry them in a rain forest?

I met Maurice Malpas for the first time about four years and have spoken to him a couple of times since.  He’s a nice guy and easy to talk with.

During his playing career at United he always looked as miserable as sin.  Maybe it was due to working under Wee Jum.

Years ago Sandy Clark working in a Sports Shop in Airdrie.

I went in for ManUtd top before they were popular. Very short exchange "No we don't have that".

I wonder if he is still average?

I met Gary locke at a charity game at mussy athletics ground. He's pretty sound, even if he was a pish gaffer for raith. Bumped into ally Mitchell in a kebab shop in Edinburgh in the late 90s, strangely claimed he wasn't him, even though we all knew he was. The following week I saw ivano bonetti in the same place. I used to live near colin Cameron in kirkcaldy,  always had time to chat. I live in the same village as grant Murray and John mgGlynn, both are sound and always have time to chat. I've seen Billy brown in musselburgh a few times, never spoken to him. He's been there and dun hings, so I'm led to believe....

My mum went and chapped Ally McCoist’s door and he then turned up (late) at my 21st with a signed copy of his autobiography. Alison was a total wid. They were on their way out to dinner at the Killermont Polo Club. I think he was driving…😳

When I started working for myself in 2005, Paul McStay was my office landlord. Very quiet chap, he drove a beaten up Citroen people carrier and very much kept himself to himself. Very wry sense of humour if you could get to it…

For after work pints I must’ve bumped into Neil Lennon 1/2doz times. Usually in The Five Ronnies, although once I think in Jinty McGuintys. He likes a Stella and lime or three and was always very good craic. 

And when I was winching a young lady in Broughty Ferry 10 or so years ago we used to bump into Rab Douglas in Costa quite regularly. As a chap described his son on the radio at the weekend ‘as bright as 2am’. 😂

And a slight stretch but Stephen Thomson (the then DUFC Chairman) would usually call in at The Royal Arch for a couple of pints on his way home of a Friday teatime. Always seemed absorbed in his thoughts. 

Walked into a spaceship simulator at a theme park and discovered that our unlikely trio of space companions were Alex McLeish, Dave Beaumont and Kevin Gallacher.

It was in Gothenburg just prior to the European Championships. Of the three, only Gallacher was actually in the squad. McLeish was sound, and engaged with us as soon as he heard our accents.

3 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Years back some boy outside a club who supported Aberdeen was utterly convinced I was Darren Mackie even when I said I wasn’t.  I was pretty average back then. 

Were you pretending to read a book but holding it upside down at the time ?

11 hours ago, A96 said:

Were you pretending to read a book but holding it upside down at the time ?

Outside a club being sick.  So probably the equivalent.    We did play the dons that day though and the lad had me on the phone to his pals speaking to me as I was Mackie.  Weird, but average night out. 

7 hours ago, ol1vercloff said:

Myles Hippolyte matched with an old flame of mine on Tinder, she told him she wasn't interested, so he tracked her down on social media and turned up to her place of work.  Several times.

That's what she tells you mate as she was taking his less than average ding dong :lol: 

Billy Bremner sat behind me at the Scotland Holland game during Euro 96. From what I can remember he had a "court" suit on. I had to stop my mate from giving a hard time for missing an open goal against Brazil in the 1974 World Cup.

I did a part-time degree at Napier and John Miller of Hearts was doing the same course. A decent bloke, if in an average way.

This lad was sitting in Heathrow yesterday waiting for the same flight as me.

He had around ten mates with him, all with Scottish accents.

They all sat up in the front of the plane to Vegas - beyond the pleb curtain.

Nice lad - treating his mates like that now he’s on 100k-a-week or whatever.

225a86b9826ff0078f8619ee44cc4037.jpg