Falkirk v Dumbarton, Tuesday, 30th March 2021

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

3 saves in 90 mins isn't Roy of the rovers material for me and I'd only class one of those as not routine.

I suppose it's different view points from each club, we didnt fail to win because Ramsbottom had a worldy, the comments 4 or 5 excellent saves did not happen. 

You must have some high standards if only one of those was routine!

Anyway. The reason Falkirk didn't win was because they weren't good enough. I think everyone would agree on that. I can only echo the comments from Bairns fans on how slow their play was. They've torn us to shreds twice this season with slick attacking play - Calumn Morrison being the star of the show both times.

Last night everything was slow and laboured and we were more than happy to sit in a compact shape and watch sideways pass after sideways pass followed by a hopeful cross being punted into the box. 

Falkirk have the best players in this division. They should be using the ability of guys like Alston, Morrison, Keena, Connolly and Telfer to murder teams like us. Instead, last night certainly, there seemed to be a reliance on really simple football. Keep possession, eventually get a winger to charge down a flank and punt in a hopeful cross to a big striker. It worked for the goal, and I don't want to take anything away from Dowds who was good when he came on, but that really isn't the best way to play against a side who will pack out the box with big aggressive defenders.

5 minutes ago, MrDust said:

3 saves in 90 mins isn't Roy of the rovers material for me and I'd only class one of those as not routine.

I suppose it's different view points from each club, we didnt fail to win because Ramsbottom had a worldy, the comments 4 or 5 excellent saves did not happen. 

Having watched the saves back the last one definitely can be classed as an excellent save and had it not been for that excellent save we'd have won the game so credit where credit's due. We should have done more to get the game won but that doesn't take any shine off of Ramsbottom's last save. He was always going to have a good game having been on trial with us in the summer it's just a normal reaction.

6 minutes ago, MrDust said:

3 saves in 90 mins isn't Roy of the rovers material for me

Absolutely nobody has said this. He's a keeper with a reputation of throwing goals into his own net and had already provided the most comical own goal you will ever see on his debut, so when he's had a good game obviously people are going to mention it. Arguing over the quality of each save is bizarre patter. 

17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Absolutely nobody has said this. He's a keeper with a reputation of throwing goals into his own net and had already provided the most comical own goal you will ever see on his debut, so when he's had a good game obviously people are going to mention it. Arguing over the quality of each save is bizarre patter. 

You obviously didn't watch Falkirk TV or read the 4 or 5 excellent saves comments which a few have said here to paint over our cracks. 

If there was 4 or 5 excellent saves then it would be Roy of the Rovers material. I am not saying he had a bad game but I'm sure he will have busier games against many other teams in the league, our downfall was us and not Ramsbottom.

Edited by MrDust

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

You obviously didn't watch Falkirk TV or read the 4 or 5 excellent saves comments which a few have said here to paint over our cracks. 

If there was 4 or 5 excellent saves then it would be Roy of the Rovers material. I am not saying he had a bad game but I'm sure he will have busier games against many other teams in the league, our downfall was us and not Ramsbottom.

I don't think any comments on here have papered over your teams performance, just about every post acknowledges Falkirk weren't good enough. Club TV commentary should always be taken with a pinch of salt, they're pretty much instructed to paint everything in a positive light.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I don't think any comments on here have papered over your teams performance, just about every post acknowledges Falkirk weren't good enough. Club TV commentary should always be taken with a pinch of salt, they're pretty much instructed to paint everything in a positive light.

I take club commentary with a pinch of salt but last night's was clutching straws with a white stick and not the usual blue tinted specs.

Out of the 3 saves, the first one was a simple touch over the bar, should have and was easily dealt with.

Second one was great positioning and made himself big by throwing his body Infront of the shot. Great Save.

Third was a fantastic reaction save from Very close range that he got down to very smartly. Best save of the 3 IMO.

Sorry but this is bullshit.
We were dreadful. I don’t see anyone on here disputing that.
However to say that Ramsbottom did nothing much of note is plain silly....

14 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Yes I suspect if it goes to 22 we will fall away . The hope that was keena looks pretty pish Miller and leitch just not good enough . 
Team full of fear tatics full of shit Managers full of cliches and hot air 

Keena is being hung out to dry by the woeful one up front formation.

54 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Sorry but this is bullshit.
We were dreadful. I don’t see anyone on here disputing that.
However to say that Ramsbottom did nothing much of note is plain silly....

We had a few mirroring Falkirk TV comments of 5 excellent saves, penalties and Durnan shouldn't be sent off.

I would go more towards we were clueless than dreadful though not suggesting we weren't dreadful like I never said Ramsbottom did nothing of note.

The real silly is anyone who thought Durnan was innocent

We had a few mirroring Falkirk TV comments of 5 excellent saves, penalties and Durnan shouldn't be sent off.
I would go more towards we were clueless than dreadful though not suggesting we weren't dreadful like I never said Ramsbottom did nothing of note.
The real silly is anyone who thought Durnan was innocent

Agree on the last point. Even Durnan was not disputing the red card.
For me the issue was how laid back we were in the first half. At one point (about 30 mins in) BBC Sport were reporting that we had 24% possession. If we had started the game with anything like the urgency we finished the game we would have won the game easily, irrespective of the vast array of tactical formations that have been mentioned on here post game. Instead we gave Dumbarton the confidence boost they needed to not only contain us, but grab the lead.
I must admit, I can’t get my head around our set up last night though...

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Keena is being hung out to dry by the woeful one up front formation.

He reminds me a bit of Rory Loy, both in his running style and the fact that he's starting to drop deeper and deeper to get on the ball.

The guy had a decent game. Considering the slaughtering he took from both sets of fans he did absolutely nothing wrong. He made 4 decent saves and one brilliant saves. Some saves are made to look easier than they are because he keepers positioning is spot on.

It is certainly not an excuse for us not winning because we were fucking torture