Falkirk v Dumbarton, Tuesday, 30th March 2021

Ramsbottom had to have the best game ever ae, just had to happen. The Dumbarton goal was a clear shove but we get what we deserve playing one upfront at home to Dumbarton. I actually thought we played some good football today we just never made the right final ball and without Dowds on the park none of our crosses were going to end up in anything.

Edited by FFC 1876

Ramsbottom had to have the best game ever ae, just had to happen. The Dumbarton goal was a clear shove but we get what we deserve playing one upfront at home to Dumbarton. 

If Dumbarton had not scored then it would’ve finished 0-0 anyway.

Some effort from Robert Jones tonight, he’s never a number nine but he bought a place in my heart tonight.

More seriously I think Omar could really do a job for us in the run in. Crossan was good too, hopefully his muscle was  just a little tight and it’s nothing too serious.

Edited by GordyBrow

Ramsbottom had to have the best game ever ae, just had to happen. The Dumbarton goal was a clear shove but we get what we deserve playing one upfront at home to Dumbarton. I actually thought we played some good football today we just never made the right final ball and without Dowds on the park none of our crosses were going to end up in anything.

Man City and Bayern Munich play 1 up front - I think there’s a lot more to good football than playing with more than 1 striker

Very poor result but the one we deserved at the end of it. Didn't create nearly enough and Dumbarton knew that eventually our centre halves would give them some joy if they kept trying to get in behind.
M&M get the blame for me, persisting with Leitch when he's shown nothing to deserve this faith, taking Keena off when bringing Dowds on and sticking with Gary Miller at RB.

Anyone who has watched us for more than half an hour this season could've told you what would happen when we picked that starting XI

Leitch would offer nothing

The Chuckle Brothers would set up chances for Dumbarton through basic errors and idiocy

We would have no service from the full backs

Keena would be isolated up front

The lack of urgency whenever we got the ball

Just now, ilostmyself said:

Very poor result but the one we deserved at the end of it. Didn't create nearly enough and Dumbarton knew that eventually our centre halves would give them some joy if they kept trying to get in behind.
M&M get the blame for me, persisting with Leitch when he's shown nothing to deserve this faith, taking Keena off when bringing Dowds on and sticking with Gary Miller at RB.

I’m generally with you on this.  I’m struggling to attribute blame to Durnan here though.  Hacked down for a clear penalty not given, given a yellow because a Dumbarton player ran into him, given a straight red for a Dumbarton player running into him and going down holding his face.  The latter is straightforward cheating.

None of that caused us to drop points though - being too conservative did.

Just now, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Although we are 5 points better of than we were under McKinnon after 14 games last season, the style of football alone is a sackable offence imo 

We'll still win the league but my god it's depressing watching us just now 

If we lose to Cove away then they are one point behind us. Even if it only goes 18 games we will potentially struggle.

4 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

We'll still win the league but my god it's depressing watching us just now 

This sort of the thing gives me THE ABSOLUTE RAGING FEAR!

Edit - I should add the depressing to watch bit is 100% accurate. It is just the bold assumption that we will necessarily win the league that makes me fear the worst. 

Edited by Sputnik