The Highland Derby - Live on BBC Scotland

Would like to see us drop Sutherland at left wing and start Storey. Want to see Sutherland do well but really don't rate him out wide. 

Expect to see Allan start ahead of MacGregor at CAM too. 

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

I really hope Draper plays and does to ICT what he used to do to us every time.  Just completely bully his opposite number into submission.  For all ICT seemed to decide to would be a good tactic not to bother marking Liam Boyce, and for all Aaron Doran appeared to be unstoppable, I don't think anyone has influenced the derby games as much as Draper did.

I really like that team.  Not sure Hughes will go with it, mind you.  I think Shaw could do well in that line up.

Is there still a full 90 minutes in Draper's game.

20 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I'm 99.999% sure the Mckay-at-right-wing game was at home.  Rooney had a period of coming on at right wing that season to see the game out before cementing himself properly at right back.  He'd probably be much better as a wide target man than Mckay is actually.

Sorry i edited my pot to make it clearer I was on about the Dundee game I was thinking of.

19 hours ago, Sean ICTFC said:

Would like to see us drop Sutherland at left wing and start Storey. Want to see Sutherland do well but really don't rate him out wide. 

Expect to see Allan start ahead of MacGregor at CAM too. 

Sutherland has played the last few games behind Todorov. MacKay and MacGregor have been playing as wide men. At least that's how I've seen it.

Edited by RiG
I cannot type.

1 hour ago, staggy1929 said:

Were they all centre midfielders?

Unfortunately not. The top goalscorer in the Austrian Bundesliga a year or two later, plus someone who played all 270 minutes for T and T at WC 2006 are two examples.

47 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Remember that time Shaun Rooney scored and celebrated towards the County fans and the County fans reacted like he'd shot their granny?

It was really quite bizarre that.  Before his goal, I'm not sure many County fans knew anything other than he was the lanky lad on the right for ICT but he celebrated like he'd scored a Van Basten special.  It did him okay though, as he became the pantomime villain for some County fans afterwards and I'd imagine some ICT fans loved the derby goal.   TBF it served Brian Graham well too, as he was always one who got a bit of stick from some County fans but he was never so popular as the time he lamped Rooney and got red carded.

Great Highland derby drama :)

With the "Stay Local" rule now in place the respective YTs could get together for a socially distanced shouting match outside the Mallard.

7 hours ago, Girth said:

I’m definitely feeling an ICT win here.

Yeah, this game has ict win written all over it.

Hughes hasn't a clue what his best XI is even after all this time and with the limited numbers available to him due to injury, he'll still try and fit square pegs into round holes.

How he can continually keep Shaw, Hylton & Draper out of the starting XI is beyond me!

When I'm nervous before a game County tend to win. When I'm confident we get scudded. 

I'm edging towards a 2-1 with Caley probably outplaying us for 60 minutes.

I notice today’s Ross County social media goal of the day is Josh Mullin skinning the ICT defence (I.e Carl Tremarco) for pace.   Not quite sure why that’s supposed to delight us all, but there you go.

10 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I notice today’s Ross County social media goal of the day is Josh Mullin skinning the ICT defence (I.e Carl Tremarco) for pace.   Not quite sure why that’s supposed to delight us all, but there you go.

Especially when it’s a current player that’s getting skinned.