The Highland Derby - Live on BBC Scotland

7 minutes ago, House Bartender said:

To be fair every team is a bunch of mercenaries - I doubt if there are many "I support/home team" first team players at any club, even the diddies. Just that some mercenaries come with positive attitudes and some not so. County seem to have an overabundance of the latter. Money does not buy commitment. 

Players sign for Ross County solely for the pay check from 'Uncle Roy' and largely abandon any broader competitive ambition on the park before entering the village. It should come as absolutely no surprise then that they end up with a bunch of gutless ringers every 3/4 seasons who take them down and need emptied. It's the natural end of their cycle.

I'm not having a gloat here but from that performance tonight it's hardly surprising that County are in the position they are in in the Premiership, for me over the ninety I would say that County had 20 minutes in the ninety where they looked a decent side, other than that it was stray passes, hoofs up the park, just no real determination and subbing three players at once is bad management.

Obviously overall we were the better side, Allardice was for me MoM and though at times the defence was squeaky bum they did Ok

Edited by SandyCromarty

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

Players sign for Ross County solely for the pay check from 'Uncle Roy' and largely abandon any broader competitive ambition on the park before entering the village. It should come as absolutely no surprise then that they end up with a bunch of gutless ringers every 3/4 seasons who take them down and need emptied. It's the natural end of their cycle.

Of course Morton are famed for attracting quality players from all over the world to *checks notes* live and play in Greenock. 

Tonight's result was not a surprise. The only disappointment is I limited my pre-match bet on ICT to £20. 

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

Really good performance from us. The midfield was excellent, Allardice and Welsh were on top most of the game and MacKay was a threat all the time. A good display from Allan as well, if he continues like this and his match sharpness improves then he’ll be a real asset in the final five games. Defensively I thought we were reasonably solid, I don’t like us against crosses but the goal was a great delivery. 

In 2018 we were struggling and our Challenge cup win gave us a big boost and we made a push for the play offs. I can see this win giving us a lot of momentum for the last few weeks of the season, it could invaluable.

We've got a midfielder at right back, a central defender at left back and Brad McKay in central defence.

Let's get this straight, Carson, on previous evidence couldn't play full back and poor old Brad was a figure of fun.

The alchemist that is Neil McCann is to be revered and the very best to our players who have proved onlookers such as this one to be less than reliable 

2 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I'm not having a gloat here but from that performance tonight it's hardly surprising that County are in the position they are in in the Premiership, for me over the ninety I would say that County had 20 minutes in the ninety where they looked a decent side, other than that it was stray passes, hoofs up the park, just no real determination and subbing three players at once is bad management.

That’s a regular occurrence, we’ve had four players subbed at once on occasion. 4-5 months in and he still doesn’t know his strongest team.

Probably late to the party but when did McCann take over at ICT? I thought Robertson was doing okay there?
Robbo is on undefined compassionate leave due to bereavement. Our second Scott kelleher is out due to long term illness. Mcann and Billy dodds have been standing in for a while.

3 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

Of course Morton are famed for attracting quality players from all over the world to *checks notes* live and play in Greenock. 

Really not sure why you thought that would work as a comeback, given that we don't have some clown of a backer artificially keeping the club a couple of levels above its natural level. 

Ross County are what Gretna would have been if their owner hadn't guzzled Lucozade and chain-smoked fags for forty years. The same problems will come back to bite the playing squad time and time again.

5 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

Tonight's result was not a surprise. The only disappointment is I limited my pre-match bet on ICT to £20. 

pic or take your leave....

where would you list Dingwall in the list of cherished destinations as compared to other small towns?

4 minutes ago, sophia said:

pic or take your leave....

where would you list Dingwall in the list of cherished destinations as compared to other small towns?

I'm from the Black Isle, Sophia. I'm fully aware Dingwall is a shithole. 

Screenshot_20210402-222000_Samsung Internet.jpg

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

Really not sure why you thought that would work as a comeback, given that we don't have some clown of a backer artificially keeping the club a couple of levels above its natural level. 

Ross County are what Gretna would have been if their owner hadn't guzzled Lucozade and chain-smoked fags for forty years. The same problems will come back to bite the playing squad time and time again.

Being eloquent and being interesting aren't the same thing, champ. 

Here’s a thought , McCann to county at the end of the season assuming Robertson returns? , Hughes simply can’t be kept on as manager even if we stay up he’s a likeable guy but my word his team selections and formations are woeful anyone who had half a clue would clearly have started draper in this game