The Highland Derby - Live on BBC Scotland

13 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Here’s a thought , McCann to county at the end of the season assuming Robertson returns? , Hughes simply can’t be kept on as manager even if we stay up he’s a likeable guy but my word his team selections and formations are woeful anyone who had half a clue would clearly have started draper in this game 

Draper is done.

He effectively finished his career injuring himself whilst kicking ict players in another Scottish Cup loss several years ago.

That the accountant bought him speaks volumes.  

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

I'm not having a gloat here but from that performance tonight it's hardly surprising that County are in the position they are in in the Premiership, for me over the ninety I would say that County had 20 minutes in the ninety where they looked a decent side, other than that it was stray passes, hoofs up the park, just no real determination and subbing three players at once is bad management.

Obviously overall we were the better side, Allardice was for me MoM and though at times the defence was squeaky bum they did Ok

^^^ Having a gloat.

6 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

Yeah, this game has ict win written all over it.

Hughes hasn't a clue what his best XI is even after all this time and with the limited numbers available to him due to injury, he'll still try and fit square pegs into round holes.

How he can continually keep Shaw, Hylton & Draper out of the starting XI is beyond me!

Called it!

Didn't have the heart to read the last 8 pages of Caley fans, quite rightly, giving it big licks, so apologies if this has been posted already, but...

First and foremost, well deserved win for Caley. Wanted it more from start to finish. No complaints about the result. 

As for County, f**k me. Kelly - shite. Vigurs - shite. Shaw and McKay had hee haw to feed off. Defence was pathetic. If we play like that between now and the end of the season we are fucking down. As far as I'm concerned, there are no positives to take from tonight whatsoever. 

8 hours ago, TheScarf said:

That boy County have on loan from Rangers is never a footballer in a million years. 

Sure he was on loan at Ayr last season, played and scored against us and *I think* was generally well regarded amongst Ayr fans. Step up might’ve been too much for him 

8 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Sure he was on loan at Ayr last season, played and scored against us and *I think* was generally well regarded amongst Ayr fans. Step up might’ve been too much for him 

Wrong choice of side, more than anything, IMO.

10 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Here’s a thought , McCann to county at the end of the season assuming Robertson returns? , Hughes simply can’t be kept on as manager even if we stay up he’s a likeable guy but my word his team selections and formations are woeful anyone who had half a clue would clearly have started draper in this game 

I doubt it as Neil will know through Billy Dodds how McGregor works.

Rightly or wrongly Neil McCann came in for  lot of criticism from fans when he came to Caley, now he has turned that around and given us good results recently and has re-energised the team, Caley have a reputation for turning players around who have seen their careers fail elsewhere, the same could be applied to some of our managers and it would seem that McCann has been touched with the same thing.

I put it down to no interference from upstairs and the manager having a free rein to apply his tactics on the team.

From what I hear that type of managerial freedom is welcomed.  

34 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I doubt it as Neil will know through Billy Dodds how McGregor works.

Congratulations on the well deserved win for your team last night but stop making up pi$h.  When has any former manager ever said that MacGregor has had an interfering or bad style of management.  

As per Dodds, he left as there were several issues with his then boss and club manager Jim McIntyre, and his time had been and gone.

1 hour ago, frankthetank22 said:

Congratulations on the well deserved win for your team last night but stop making up pi$h.  When has any former manager ever said that MacGregor has had an interfering or bad style of management.  

As per Dodds, he left as there were several issues with his then boss and club manager Jim McIntyre, and his time had been and gone.

There is no doubt that Roy McGregor has done wonders for Ross County out of his own pocket. Managers leave or are sacked from clubs with most having to adhere to their contracts which always includes a non disclosure clause. 

John Roberston left after four months.