The Highland Derby - Live on BBC Scotland

1 hour ago, sophia said:

Thank you your kind words, it so very refreshing to bear witness to such gentlemanly eloquence.

As for the game on Friday and in the context of vocal minorities that couldn't bear to welcome either Hughes or McCann, it'll be interesting to see who has the more coherent plan to succeed and if this game has any part to play in winning hearts and minds.

As for Scott Allan I'd be for starting him as this is the ideal opportunity to get game time in his legs. From the little I saw on Saturday, it took me back to Charlie Christie in his pomp. Charlie was so well loved and if I recall correctly, both sets of supporters sung songs in his honour.

Naughty.

I

38 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

How;s he doing nowadays? I've never seen n all my years a footballer who regressed as rapidly as he did, I really thought that in his early days with us, apart from the  Dumbarton howler, that he would be leaving us for down south, he turned in great performances game after game and then he went into hiding.

He is fucking rancid. A hopeless excuse for a footballer. 

1 hour ago, CountyFan said:

He is fucking rancid. A hopeless excuse for a footballer. 

He’s never good enough for the Scottish top flight. A banter signing by McGregor, sure, but it may cost him another splurge to get you back up at the end of next season.

Hopeful for a 1-0 win thanks to an Agent Carl own goal.

But only one thing that really matters in footballing predictions; the law of averages. Haven't beaten County over 90 minutes since 2016 so we're due a win but I read they haven't beaten us in the cup(?) so they're due a win. 

Conclusion, 13 cans of Innis & Gunn and 1-0 County AET - Jordan White. 

If Maouche is fit I’d like to see him play in this game with a view to getting him involved in the crucial run of games coming up assuming he’s any good , Hylton and shaw have been desperately unlucky with game time recently so would like to see both them too, I’d go for this

Hilton

Naismith Watson Iacovitti Hjelde

Maouche  Draper Lakin 

Hylton

Shaw White

would obviously like us to win and do well in the competition but the focus must be the league as we are on the brink just now , only possible alterations to this team would maybe be vigurs in for game time coming back from injury and McKay for white but I’d rather see white play as he’s still bedding in

On paper this should be a walkover for Ross County. Jordan White to score NAP.

ETA: Wild that this thread, the day before the game, has not seen those pictures...

1201055275_IainVigurs.jpg.889affc55cef78a2e981f05ba234c710.jpg

EXgN80aXgAE6avQ.jpg

SNS-18296198-Ross-County-v-Inverness.jpg

Vigurs.thumb.png.3fc3b020e910dfb5b700ab4fe6613805.png

Edited by RiG

On 30/03/2021 at 12:26, PB1994 said:

Not sure about starting Brad Mckay at left wing to be honest with you.

Sure there was a game last season where we played Brad Mckay at right wing for some reason.  You'd think he'd be better out of harm's way but he was absolutely awful.

On 30/03/2021 at 12:55, RiG said:

Will Hughes abandon his tiki taka philosophy for the derby as he used to do when he was in charge at ICT?

I could never understand why he didn't do that more often.  We used to go all out attack in Dingwall and were superb each time.  It wasn't a switch to a long ball game either - it was still almost entirely on the deck, but quick and forward.  In Hughes' first and final season with us, some of his football was so slow and cumbersome.  I couldn't understand why he didn't take the Dingwall mindset more often - it was still in line with his mantra.

29 minutes ago, RiG said:

On paper this should be a walkover for Ross County. Jordan White to score NAP.

ETA: Wild that this thread, the day before the game, has not seen those pictures...

1201055275_IainVigurs.jpg.889affc55cef78a2e981f05ba234c710.jpg

Love the editing of this picture to make it look like it's people with a couple of stumps making a fist! :lol:

5 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Sure there was a game last season where we played Brad Mckay at right wing for some reason.  You'd think he'd be better out of harm's way but he was absolutely awful.

Think that was Dundee away? Maybe at the start of 2020?  

5 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Love the editing of this picture to make it look like it's people with a couple of stumps making a fist! :lol:

I hadn't even noticed that! :lol:

On 30/03/2021 at 21:49, TheScarf said:

He’s never good enough for the Scottish top flight. A banter signing by McGregor, sure, but it may cost him another splurge to get you back up at the end of next season.

He's far, far, far from alone in that County squad.  There's a fair number of Gary Glenns in that team... guys who make excellent players in the Championship and just aren't good enough for the top flight.   There are a couple in the squad who wouldn't make a top end Championship side, to be frank.

34 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I could never understand why he didn't do that more often.  We used to go all out attack in Dingwall and were superb each time.  It wasn't a switch to a long ball game either - it was still almost entirely on the deck, but quick and forward.  In Hughes' first and final season with us, some of his football was so slow and cumbersome.  I couldn't understand why he didn't take the Dingwall mindset more often - it was still in line with his mantra.

"Why you.... why I oughtta"

Laidlaw

Naismith Iacovitti Watson Hjelde

Draper     Lakin

Paton

Hylton              Mckay          Midge

I genuinely can't see us winning this. The way our seasons going it screams 2-1 Inverness.

if Maouche is decent I'd like to see him play but not got a clue if he's any use.

On 30/03/2021 at 20:49, TheScarf said:

If wasn’t a banter signing I’d be extremely worried about whoever did the scouting and couldn’t see that McCart was by far the better centre back to be signing.

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Think that was Dundee away? Maybe at the start of 2020?  

Pretty certain it was a home game.  I can only assume the opposition had someone sent off and we moved Mckay from right back to a kind of right wing target man role.  It could probably work for some defenders, but considering his crosses always seem to be either overhit launches over the box or sliced into the stand before it even reaches the near post it didn't work at all.

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

Pretty certain it was a home game.  I can only assume the opposition had someone sent off and we moved Mckay from right back to a kind of right wing target man role.

Just had a look back at CTO for the Dundee game I was thinking of and whilst Mckay did come on he went to RB with Rooney playing as the RM. My memory is going it seems... 

Edited by RiG

1 hour ago, staggy1929 said:

Laidlaw

Naismith Iacovitti Watson Hjelde

Draper     Lakin

Paton

Hylton              Mckay          Midge

I genuinely can't see us winning this. The way our seasons going it screams 2-1 Inverness.

if Maouche is decent I'd like to see him play but not got a clue if he's any use.

I really hope Draper plays and does to ICT what he used to do to us every time.  Just completely bully his opposite number into submission.  For all ICT seemed to decide to would be a good tactic not to bother marking Liam Boyce, and for all Aaron Doran appeared to be unstoppable, I don't think anyone has influenced the derby games as much as Draper did.

I really like that team.  Not sure Hughes will go with it, mind you.  I think Shaw could do well in that line up.

Edited by Savage Henry

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

I really hope Draper plays and does to ICT what he used to do to us every time.  Just completely bully his opposite number into submission.  For all ICT seemed to decide to would be a good tactic not to bother marking Liam Boyce, and for all Aaron Doran appeared to be unstoppable, I don't think anyone has influenced the derby games as much as Draper did.

I really like that team.  Not sure Hughes will go with it, mind you.  I think Shaw could do well in that line up.

I think we'll end up with 5 at the back again to be honest. Midge is criminally underused at the moment. Makes us better whenever he plays and no one is as good at carrying the ball in the squad.

Hughes is the type to start Maouche just because he signed him isn't he?

8 minutes ago, RiG said:

Just had a look back at CTO and whilst Mckay did come on he went to RB with Rooney playing as the RM. My memory is going it seems... 

I'm 99.999% sure the Mckay-at-right-wing game was at home.  Rooney had a period of coming on at right wing that season to see the game out before cementing himself properly at right back.  He'd probably be much better as a wide target man than Mckay is actually.

20 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

I think we'll end up with 5 at the back again to be honest. Midge is criminally underused at the moment. Makes us better whenever he plays and no one is as good at carrying the ball in the squad.

Hughes is the type to start Maouche just because he signed him isn't he?

Disagree with this: Hughes has a history (or at least infuriatingly with us, he did) of signing players and then never even giving them a chance.