Footballers who aren't nice people

3 hours ago, CCB19035 said:

When I worked at a cinema in Dundee, Cammy Kerr, Willo Flood and Stevie May were in from time to time. 

All really polite ordinary guys, Flood especially seemed a lovely bloke. 

As for dickhead footballers, some of my pals and I came across James Maddison in a nightclub in Aberdeen, and he was a total cock. "I'm richer than you" and all that kind of patter. 

Maybe he's older and wiser now, but he was certainly a fucking knob then. 

Pfffft, Maddison claiming he has more money than Aberdonians. 

He doesn't have more money than those in Bieldside and he doesn't have more money than those in Torry as they had his wallet.

31 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

An old colleague bumped in to Jamie Langfield at the Premier League darts. Was one of the first years they were at the old AECC.

Asked if he could get a photo with his mate. Clangers told him it was no bother with that big toothy grin.

Upon being handed the phone he exclaimed 'you want me to take a photo of you two?". When he was told that was their intention he handed back the phone, shook his head and told them where to go.

Atleast he never dropped the phone.

36 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I’ve told this on here before but in Glasgow airport in 2009 my mates and I were heading to Salou and I went for a piss in one of the airport toilets and as I was stood there Ronald De Boer came in and pissed in the urinal next to me. 

Naturally I had a look and he has an enormous penis. 

I held the door open for him as we finished washing our hands at the same time. Asked him for a picture (of me and him, not of his penis) and he obliged gracefully. 

Being Dutch I have to ask.  Did he get his clogfiller out?

Jurgen klinsmann. Bayern played raith in a friendly in the late 90's to mark the "opening" of the redeveloped starks park. Blanked everyone that wanted an autograph. Good guys wise, I live in the same village as grant murray and john mgglynn. Both sound as f**k and will talk for ages about football.

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Stevie Woods was at a wedding I was at, He turned up at the reception as he was playing (unused sub probably) in the afternoon. He was in the queue for the buffet behind me. I turned and nodded to his plate and said, careful you don't drop that. 

I bet he'd never heard that before.

24 minutes ago, philpy said:

Jurgen klinsmann. Bayern played raith in a friendly in the late 90's to mark the "opening" of the redeveloped starks park. Blanked everyone that wanted an autograph. Good guys wise, I live in the same village as grant murray and john mgglynn. Both sound as f**k and will talk for ages about football.

Glad to know Grant Murray is sound. He's just become Edinburgh City's assistant manager.

Met Sasa Papac once. He was a good guy.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I’ve told this on here before but in Glasgow airport in 2009 my mates and I were heading to Salou and I went for a piss in one of the airport toilets and as I was stood there Ronald De Boer came in and pissed in the urinal next to me. 

Naturally I had a look and he has an enormous penis. 

I held the door open for him as we finished washing our hands at the same time. Asked him for a picture (of me and him, not of his penis) and he obliged gracefully. 

'Footballers Who Have Mid-to-Large Sized or Particularly Shapely Penises' thread for this pish. 

4 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Charlie Mulgrew has never come across as the smartest (ignoring leaving his child locked in the car while he goes shopping).

I once got a thumbs up from him after he'd taken a shy for shouting at him that Michelle Mone is a grassing b*****d. 

4 hours ago, LarsGunnar Carlstrands Dog said:

Most footballers I have met have been very nice but the worst player and possibly the up there with one of the worst human beings I have met was Marcus Heikkinen in an Aberdeen kebab shop after a night in Liquid 

I wouldn’t of known who he was but my mate is an huge Aberdeen fan and went to speak to him. He proceeded to start shouting abouting about how horrible a place Aberdeen was, how he hated the horrible fans and wish he had never seen Aberdeen.

then he started racially abusing the guys behind the shop counter. When I told him to stop he started shouting racist homophobic abuse at me about me and another of my mates who was standing outside and is half Indian. 

We started scrapping and were pulled apart by the shop staff. He was thrown out and I hope he went hungry. On a side note my spicy chicken pizza was brilliant 

That's ironic because there was a rumour going around Aberdeen at the time that he wanted to leave because of it's lack of LGBT nightlife...

3 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Bumped into Stevie Mallan, Mark Durnan and Paul Paton in a pub in Glasgow a few years back and ended up in their company for a few hours. I’ve known Mallan since I was about 13 and he’s a very sound guy, not a bad word to say about him. Durnan was brand new also and I got on well with him, although we were both very drunk and I’m sure he wouldn’t know me from Adam nowadays. 

Paul Paton, however, was an absolute whopper of a man. He didn’t crack a smile all night and had a constant growl on his face. I know this is said about a lot of footballers, but he was genuinely walking about the pub like he was Cristiano Ronaldo. Even Durnan said he was a bit of a dick when I asked what his problem was. He grew up in Linwood which is not far from where I stay, and I have a few mutual acquaintances of his, but there’s not too many people have a good word to say about him. 

I was in Paul Paton's dad's taxi coming from a night out in Glasgow one night. He was going on about how he'd knocked back St. Mirren to go to Falkirk as we'd lowballed him on the contract offer. Me, half pished said 'I'm glad we did, he's been shite for Falkirk this season' 

It was quite the conversation ender. 😂

My mate, 17 at the time, was removed from his job in catering at Celtic, for talking to Paul lambert in the corridor. Lambert reported him and he was told it was against the rules and told to leave. 

Surprised. Him and the Celtic team were in TGI’s and my then missus asked for autographs and a picture. The team all said yes and he organised it. The only one who refused was Craig Burley who is an arsehole of the highest order. His Cumnock upbringing perhaps.

5 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Come on to f**k. Initials at least. 

all I'll say was that he was considered Deadly

I've also heard that he made politically incorrect remarks about an Aberdeen legend of the 1990s at a function although that's second hand info

14 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Alan Main had to ask to be moved oil platforms as he was that much of a tit he was told he was getting launched off of it, given the chance. Apparently refused to leave his living quarters until his squealing was adhered to.

To the surprise of nobody, David Goodwillie is an absolute cock. Most of that group of players were. Boys like Greg Cameron, Aaron Conway, Craig Conway et al. All extremely young with too much money in their pockets. Achieved very little in the game and are now sex offenders and/or have raging coke habits. 

Craig Conway is still playing ?

28 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I was in Paul Paton's dad's taxi coming from a night out in Glasgow one night. He was going on about how he'd knocked back St. Mirren to go to Falkirk as we'd lowballed him on the contract offer. Me, half pished said 'I'm glad we did, he's been shite for Falkirk this season' 

It was quite the conversation ender. 😂

The night that I met them was after St Mirren had drawn with Dunfermline away at East End Park, during Jack Ross’ tenure. Now that I’m thinking back I believe it was Mallan that had scored the equaliser as I remember talking to him about his goal. Early January if I remember correctly. 

Jason Naismith signed for Ross County that same day as well. The only reason I remember that is because we met his Dad in the pub along from the stadium, who basically told us every detail of the contract he had been offered :lol:  

Paton had a solid enough career, and I actually thought that he was made out to be the scapegoat sometimes when it wasn’t warranted. He did a job in midfield for Dundee United and St Johnstone but his form seemed to drop off a cliff once he dropped down the leagues. Going by his character I think he probably believed he was too good to be playing at that level. A few people I’m friends with who know him tell me he’s basically a grown up ned who has a bit of money. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

2 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

The night that I met them was after St Mirren had drawn with Dunfermline away at East End Park, during Jack Ross’ tenure. Now that I’m thinking back I believe it was Mallan that had scored the equaliser as I remember talking to him about his goal. Early January if I remember correctly. 

Jason Naismith signed for Ross County that same day as well. The only reason I remember that is because we met his Dad in the pub along from the stadium, who basically told us every detail of the contract he had been offered :lol:  

Paton had a solid enough career, and I actually thought that he was sometimes made out to be the scapegoat sometimes when it wasn’t warranted. He did a job in midfield for Dundee United and St Johnstone but his form seemed to drop off a cliff once he dropped down the leagues. Going by his character I think he probably believed he was too good to be playing at that level. A few people I’m friends with who know him tell me he’s basically a grown up ned who has a bit of money. 

Fitba players da's are funny creatures. I remember having a nose to nose bawling match with Jack Baird's dad at Palmerston. 

I was sitting with my own dad and at a normal level talking about how Baird would do fine replacing Harry Davis (who'd been injured vs Dundee Utd a few days earlier). I mentioned that Baird was a decent enough replacement despite not being as technically strong as Davis. A guy in his 50s in front of me stood up turned round and went off 'I'm fucking sick of boo boys like you, give the guy a break.... Yadda yadda' 

Despite me not booing him, not even criticising him but making a low toned observation. So as he stood up so did I and it descended into a few seconds of raised voices, it ended with me going 'what's it to you anyway, you his fucking da or something?' and to my surprise he throws back 'aye, I am', so I politely advised him that if he was going to take the huff any time someone said something about his lad that he didn't agree with, he'd be better off requesting comps and going over to the main stand in future. 

Stevie Mallans dad was similarly unaccepting of any sort of critique of his son, I watched him spend the full 15 mins of a half time break at New Douglas Park exchanging 'pleasantries' with a group of 4 or 5 folk further up my row who were ranting on about how much of a nightmare he was having. 

11 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Fitba players da's are funny creatures. I remember having a nose to nose bawling match with Jack Baird's dad at Palmerston. 

I was sitting with my own dad and at a normal level talking about how Baird would do fine replacing Harry Davis (who'd been injured vs Dundee Utd a few days earlier). I mentioned that Baird was a decent enough replacement despite not being as technically strong as Davis. A guy in his 50s in front of me stood up turned round and went off 'I'm fucking sick of boo boys like you, give the guy a break.... Yadda yadda' 

Despite me not booing him, not even criticising him but making a low toned observation. So as he stood up so did I and it descended into a few seconds of raised voices, it ended with me going 'what's it to you anyway, you his fucking da or something?' and to my surprise he throws back 'aye, I am', so I politely advised him that if he was going to take the huff any time someone said something about his lad that he didn't agree with, he'd be better off requesting comps and going over to the main stand in future. 

Stevie Mallans dad was similarly unaccepting of any sort of critique of his son, I watched him spend the full 15 mins of a half time break at New Douglas Park exchanging 'pleasantries' with a group of 4 or 5 folk further up my row who were ranting on about how much of a nightmare he was having. 

I was almost certainly at that game at Palmerston, as I’ve not missed a game down in Dumfries since I started going to Saints games in 2015.  You are spot on though, Dads lose all sense of perspective when it comes to their own sons abilities. A Saturday morning at the Racecourse in Paisley would be testament to that; I played for a few teams in my youth and there’s no one out there as protective or defensive than a father who is watching his son have a stinker :lol: I would probably include my own Dad in that, he would be having a word with my manager when I ever happened to be on the bench. 

With regards to Naismiths Dad he was actually a really nice guy, I think he was just buzzing that his son had been offered a really good contract, and was over the moon to tell anyone who would listen. Although if what he told us was true then Roy MacGregor has more money than he knows what to do with.