Footballers who aren't nice people

Don Hutchison. Had a wee waiting job at the Gleddoch in Langbank when at school and the Scotland team would stay on occasions. Always asked for his meal without any sauce so was basically serving him a lump off meat and some veg. Never a please or thank you either. Colin Hendry was a bit of a walloper aswell. 

Bumped into Hemmings and Stewart whilst they were both at Dundee, in a bar in Glasgow; must have been the night after a game. Sound c***s. Got my photo with both of them!

Scott Bain however is a complete w****r. 

Lee Wilkie is alright.

Sean Dillon is a sound guy as well. 

No idea who he was, but the player loading his kit bag into the car boot outside Pollok Juniors who took exception to my tartan scarf and bunnet as I walked to Hampden for the Netherlands play-off in 2003.

"mon the Holland"...

"mon the England"...

"Rule Britannia!".

1 hour ago, Monkey socks said:

THIS GIVES AWAY MY AGE

Geoff Hurst - not a nice man. Booked him as  an after dinner speaker when I was working in England. When I introduced myself to him before the event he was all " you jocks " this and that . Surly and a pain in the butt.

Bertie Auld , what a nice guy. I was working in a restaurant as a barman and he came with his wife and two Rangers players and their partners. I was on £1 an hour and at the end of the evening he came over and thanked me for looking after them. He shoved a note in my jacket top pocket and went to leave. Expecting 10 bob note it was a fiver. Chased after him and he said he knew what he had given me and to enjoy it. While the others were waiting he stood for 10-15 mins chatting about fitba' and stuff.

My uncle was at corporate hospitality at West Ham once, and described Geoff Hurst as the most boring man he had ever met.

They hadn't been told in advance which player would be at their table, and when the table host realised, he apologised before Hurst had even arrived. Apparently, it was well known that he was the worst possible outcome, and other tables would be breathing a huge sigh of relief when they knew they didn't have him. He barely spoke to any of the guests, and while the other players slowly drifted away after the game, he hung on until the last possible minute hoping someone would tell him he was brilliant and buy him another drink, despite publicly claiming to be teetotal.

I once jokingly booed the Hartlepool team as they were leaving a service station, most ignored it, some grinned back, but one came up to me and said "You better watch your fucking mouth."

I still take great delight in their losses, even if the chap in question I has probably long gone and is hurriedly putting out cones for an under twelves team having forgotten to put his watch forward.

Conrad Balatoni, James Craigen and Bobo Balde are all good guys.

Ross McCormack is a w**k.

edit: I also saw, but didn’t speak to, Chris Coleman in Dubai airport and he looked like a properly miserable c**t, but it was about 6 in the morning so not sure if that was a fair reflection or not.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

3 hours ago, Aidan said:

Rocco Quinn

Sean Dillon 

Rocco Quinn is one of the funniest people I've ever met. 

Sean Dillon is a wonderful man. Genuinely decent guy who I've been in company of a few times and he's just incredibly cool/nice. Awful, awful dancer though. 

Kevin McNaughton - good guy. 

McCunnie and Winter - wanks. 

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

As already mentioned by a few folk, Andy Goram is an utter w**k.

John Collins had a wee tantrum because I almost ran him over. Of course it was my fault that he had headphones on and didn’t look before crossing a road. 

Derek Riordan tried to put the head on one of my wee brothers friends for absolutely no reason in a nightclub in Edinburgh years ago but failed. Wish better camera phones were around back then. A video of him trying to sprint away across the dance floor getting held by the collar and repeatedly being slapped around the head was befitting of an overdub with the Benny Hill theme. 

Davie Weir was a knob and basically assaulted me. Did my work experience with Falkirk when I was at high school. Training finished with a game and I megged him resulting in a couple of players giving it “WAAAY” and Gerry Collins taking the piss out him. Next time I had the ball he basically volleyed me at hip height and if it wasn’t for the fence my scrawny 15 year old carcass would’ve ended up over in Marshall’s Monoblocks.
Despite Weir being a big childish tadger, I can’t give enough credit to both Tony Parkes and Paul McGrillen . Both of them were absolutely brilliant with me.

ETA: I also will never forget being absolutely staggered at the sight of Dominic Iorfa’s penis. Good lord! 

Who would’ve guessed that the person with the most stories would be 8Mile.

Why has Nacho Novo not been mentioned yet? 

13 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I also saw, but didn’t speak to, Chris Coleman in Dubai airport and he looked like a properly miserable c**t, but it was about 6 in the morning so not sure if that was a fair reflection or not.

He's a married man with six kids after all.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

ETA: I also will never forget being absolutely staggered at the sight of Dominic Iorfa’s penis. Good lord! 

Yikes. get in touch with Operation Hydrant.

Met the Scotland team at Glasgow Airport in 2003 as they were heading to Lithuania (dodgy penalty!) after beating Iceland at home. Andy Gray (not "the" Andy Gray but a namesake lower league English born journeyman who had a personality to match his career) was a miserable arrogant f**k whilst Rab Douglas, Don Hutchison and Kenny Miler couldn't have been nicer. They were all in a group in WH Smith and engaging with everyone who chatted to them. I don't know if Gary was annoyed at getting blanked but am not quite sure what status he considered he should have had. 

Rob offered to take a picture of my wife with Don Hutchison and he pretended to drop the camera or phone (can't remember what it would have been then). At least I think he pretended to fumble it.....

8 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

McCunnie and Winter - wanks. 

There was definitely a cunt element of Weegie Ross County players under Alex Smith.  They used to always cause trouble in the Inverness pubs at the weekend. Probably raging at no one knowing or caring who they were.