Footballers who aren't nice people

2 hours ago, Torfason said:

A friend of our family is an interior designer and did some work on Gazza’s house and she said the more expensive things were, the better they were for him...........so she charged him 5 times what she would have charged anyone else..............including 10 grand for curtains 😛

What a robbing bitch.

A still unidentified member of Coyles St Johnstone side almost hit me with a snowball once.

Not longer after Coyle himself shouted at me for distracting the players.

I was literally just shovelling snow off the astro.

On 28/03/2021 at 16:56, stepek 4 tellys said:

Used to work in a pub in Hamilton in the early 90s and a lot of the Motherwell cup winning team drank in it at the time. A great bunch of guys, especially Davie Cooper, Luc Nijholt and Colin O'Neil.

Colin O'Neil turned up with a pal to watch a nothing midweek Accies game at the old DP.  Early 90s. 

Of course he was recognised and was getting a bit of abuse (fairly mild compared to what the Accies players were receiving). Eventually he started arguing back. I think he mentioned his Scottish Cup winners medal before being led away by his pal. Poor guy was just there to watch a game, but maybe the stand would have been a better option.

Davie Cooper was a total gent. He loved living in Hamilton, and who can blame him?

On 28/03/2021 at 19:16, FTOF said:

Met a few Saints players in various Paisley pubs/clubs, mostly in the 80's/90's  and they've all been fine.

Frank McAvennie used to come over and have a chat, because he recognised me from the physio's room at Love Street.

Met Campbell Money a few times and he always came across as a decent guy.

Met Hugh Murray in Shuttle Street pub after the game where he scored against Stirling Albion to prevent us from being relegated to the second division. He was completely pished and kept saying that he was a legend.

Tommy Turner came to a party, to celebrate Saints promotion in the Tom Hendrie era, at my parent's house, and was a gentleman. Despite me and my mates being absolutely steaming and insisting on numerous photo opportunities.

Norrie McWhirter was a really funny guy.

Also encountered Dave McPherson and Craig Moore in the Watermill Hotel in Paisley on McPherson's stag night. Think there was only four of them in total in his stag party.:lol: They were both happy to chat and seemed O.K.

Didn't meet Tony Fitzpatrick when he was a player, but have had dealings with him over the past few years and, like others have said, he's one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. As was Tommy Burns. 

Jock Wallace was a gent too. He was my mate's father-in-law's best pal. Used to always take the piss out of us for supporting St.Mirren, but took our returned abuse of the dead team in good humour.

The only one I remember being a bit of a walloper, was Alex Miller when he was manager at Saints. 

I used to work beside Jim Rooney, who is a great guy and used to tell me stories about Saints in the 80's. His view of Alex Miller was pretty damning, he seemed to be universally hated by the Saints squad back then.

When I was a student in Glasgow 95 or 96 we stopped in to The Steps bar in Glassford Street for a pint. Gazza and Mark Hateley were sitting in a corner playing Dominoes with some old fellas.

We left them in peace but later when I was at the bar for a round, Gazza came up at the same time and started chatting. How you doing? What you up to today? That kind of pish. When I went to pay for our round he insisted on paying as "students are skint". 

He laughed at me for being an Arab, but he was grand all the same.

Jimmy five bellies told an anecdote about Gazza throwing a dart into the middle of his back, then refusing to take it out. He had to walk a couple of miles from Gazzas country house to the local to get someone to remove it. Apparently this was funny. Sounds like a c**t to me. 

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Jimmy five bellies told an anecdote about Gazza throwing a dart into the middle of his back, then refusing to take it out. He had to walk a couple of miles from Gazzas country house to the local to get someone to remove it. Apparently this was funny. Sounds like a c**t to me. 

Yeh with this and the wife beating I’m not too sure if Gazza is a good guy. A tortured soul clearly but no excuse for some of his behaviour.

Yep, he was clearly a cunt back in the day but this is glossed over due to his personal problems in more recent times.

Leathering fuck out of women and stabbing folk with darts doesn't exactly scream 'good guy'.

5 hours ago, coprolite said:

Disturbing insight into the personalities of both men, f**k that for a game of soldiers.

Will comment on those I have seen mentioned on this thread.....

Billy Dodds - had a couple of drinks with him in an interesting bar called River Palace in Kiev in 2006, last time I ever went to a Scotland away game. Fine bloke and happy to talk fondly of his time at AFC and all things Scottish fitba - he was eventually distracted by some of the 'scenery' in the place.

Stewart McKimmie - been in to see us as a 'business development rep' over the years - fine bloke and 90% of the conversation would end up being fitba.

Markus Heikkenen - liked him as a player, and interesting that his next 'cultural' experience after Aberdeen was Luton - home of the Daily Express, so given the comments, that was maybe his dream destination. Hopefully there was more Finnish megadeth music available there for him.

Russell Anderson - brought up in the same street - always a quiet lad, but fine enough - no surprise if he leans Tory - everyone in the finance/solicitor/legal world in ABZ seems to

Neale Cooper - really top bloke - quite happy to randomly chat and never gave it the billy big bollox........funny with it as well, RIP

Andy Goram - he is a despicable human being - could share a story of a visit to the north-east a few years back and the stunt he pulled, but it could risk getting legal. Mental health issues would be no excuse for this one.

..........the best one I met was Ludovic Roy - came up for a night out with a couple of Ayr supporting pals due to winning their ABZ fan club's player of the year, and was good crack. Only time I ever went to Tiger Tiger in Aberdeen, as I was starting to get too old for that nonsense, but he seemed to enjoy himself.

Edited by tarapoa

Obviously shit behaviour from Gascoigne, but that five bellies twat was a sponging w****r who had no fucking shame. He made a living off Gascoigne's reputation and money so he can f**k off.
Doubt if the dark penetrated his layers of fat anyway.

23 hours ago, coprolite said:

That's why when I got acupuncture on my back I chose to hire a trained professional instead