Footballers who aren't nice people

Dick Campbell and Nigel Reo-Coker = good guys.

Got a photo with Stevie May in Switzerland when Saints played Luzern and he said afterwards “well done, you’ve finally made it.” Not nice.

Christian Dailly didn’t take too kindly to my dads mate telling him he looked like Susan Boyle. Probably a case of my dads mate being an arsehole tbh. Thought Dailly might have had a laugh but no, he wasn’t happy.

When I was a youth, my friend asked me to play for the same team as him. As a Bino, I was excited about the fact that they were coached by Alex Bone. He started off by saying to my friend "is that the pape you were talking about" and was generally a bellend. I lasted two weeks before going back to my old team. 

1 hour ago, JMDP said:

When I was a youth, my friend asked me to play for the same team as him. As a Bino, I was excited about the fact that they were coached by Alex Bone. He started off by saying to my friend "is that the pape you were talking about" and was generally a bellend. I lasted two weeks before going back to my old team. 

I don't know why you didn't walk out there and then? 

5 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

You know what... I interviewed Paul Paton for the Saints match programme/official website a few years ago. It was an extremely pleasant surprise. He was reserved, polite and easy to talk to, taking full ownership of his past misdemeanours. After the interview, he started following me on Twitter and he sent me a message wishing me all the best when he eventually left the club.

Sorry to go against the grain.

I'm sure Paton contacted a Pars supporter who was going through a hard time to wish him well etc. 

Quite surprising reading this thread to see him generally regarded as a fud. 

You know what... I interviewed Paul Paton for the Saints match programme/official website a few years ago. It was an extremely pleasant surprise. He was reserved, polite and easy to talk to, taking full ownership of his past misdemeanours. After the interview, he started following me on Twitter and he sent me a message wishing me all the best when he eventually left the club.
Sorry to go against the grain.

I met Paul Paton at a POTY night and he was very pleasant, and grateful to be at the club. Can only go by how I found him but appreciate the fact that others have a different story.
Richard Foster was similarly polite and seems quite intelligent.
Danny Swanson went out of his way to see my son after hearing how he had been discriminated against due to disability at Kilmarnock.
Joe Shaughnessey and his family are nice people, despite what our fans may think of his dad as an agent.
Liam Craig always has time to stop for a chat.
I’ve met lots of St Johnstone players, usually at POTY events, etc. Not so common for OF fans to meet their players given the cost!
Met Gazza and spoke to Mark Schwarzer for ages when I met the Middlesbrough team who were training at Dunkeld at the time.
Met David Goodwillie and he was fine, even with his mates around him. Don’t know his background but wondered if he’d have benefited from a decent fatherly role model, but who knows.
Sam Parkin seems rude and wouldn’t speak. No idea what was up with him that day.

Considine and Shinnie are both thoroughly pleasant and lovely individuals.

They don't tip though. Ever. 

Context, I worked at TGI's and they were regulars.

Dom Ball was an absolute gent though. And would always leave a tenner, regardless of the size of the bill. 

15 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Dick Campbell and Nigel Reo-Coker = good guys.

Got a photo with Stevie May in Switzerland when Saints played Luzern and he said afterwards “well done, you’ve finally made it.” Not nice.

Christian Dailly didn’t take too kindly to my dads mate telling him he looked like Susan Boyle. Probably a case of my dads mate being an arsehole tbh. Thought Dailly might have had a laugh but no, he wasn’t happy.

May was not joking at all ?

Christian is o.k.

18 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

My pal was a youth team goalie at Aberdeen. Adored Jim Leighton even though he hadn't grown up supporting Aberdeen himself. Had grown his hair long and been wearing a hairband to train for a a week or so with no issue. Leighton asked to see him in the boot room and went mental. Demanded he gets rid of that before the next days session. My pal then went to get a short back and sides straight from training and all was well the next day, never spoke of it again.

My mate was released at the end of that season and didn't lose any respect for Jim until seeing David Preece playing with long hair and a hair band the next season.

742518.jpg.8b61aad311afcaf0647dbdf75ef07ad3.jpg

Mattingly, get rid of those sideburns.

What sideburns?

You heard me, hippie.

1013875.jpg.2fa705f4b60eb3c62ca699acd10ab0ad.jpg

Mattingly, for the last time, get rid of those sideburns!

Look Mr. Leighton, I don't know what you think sideburns are, but...

Don't argue with me!

1075803.jpg.771924d4da3e5349f5e3dac3905f0297.jpg

Mattingly! I thought I told you to trim those sideburns! Go home! You're off the team! For good!

1078723.jpg.5c9a4658153f65d088b802f7eff7158c.jpg

I still like him better than David Preece...

Met Mark Hateley he came across as thick and arrogant. Tony Fitzpatrick complete gent. Dougie Sommer that rare beast an intelligent footballer. Also a gent. Jock Stein good guy. Best encounter was with Bobby Murdoch. I had bagged hospitality from NTL who sponsored both sides of the old firm at the time. Bobby was doing his ambassador role at Parkhead. He struck up a conversation with me. As we were talking, a security truck pulled up at the stadium to which he said "Aye that'll be Henrik's wages arriving".