Footballers who aren't nice people

17 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Andy Goram - he is a despicable human being - could share a story of a visit to the north-east a few years back and the stunt he pulled, but it could risk getting legal. Mental health issues would be no excuse for this one.

Get the story telt and change his name to Gandy Aoram.

A 'retired goalkeeper' who shall remain nameless, did an appearance at a golf club with another few of his ex team mates.

The retired goalkeeper got a bit the worse for wear quite early on, and when they were posing for photos with the assembled audience, the retired goalkeeper always managed to find his paw resting on some birds tit or arse and also ended up with gob and beer dribbles down his shirt.  Allegedly offered a couple of young lassies the chance of a quickie in the locker room, but I didn't witness that bit, so can't vouch for the accuracy. 

7 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

A 'retired goalkeeper' who shall remain nameless, did an appearance at a golf club with another few of his ex team mates.

The retired goalkeeper got a bit the worse for wear quite early on, and when they were posing for photos with the assembled audience, the retired goalkeeper always managed to find his paw resting on some birds tit or arse and also ended up with gob and beer dribbles down his shirt.  Allegedly offered a couple of young lassies the chance of a quickie in the locker room, but I didn't witness that bit, so can't vouch for the accuracy. 

Pat Bonner won't thank you for sharing that.

Sean Dillon - sound as f**k. Although I did make the mistake of engaging him in conversation once as I walked past his house and was still there an hour and twenty minutes later.

Jon Daly, James McPake and Willo Flood all lived there too and were all sound.

Non footballers who are sound for this pish

Ron Scott who miraculously seemed to write every match report for the Sunday Post was a gentleman who would always buy bar staff a drink and on the way back from Hampden cup finals or Scotland games would always drop a couple of programmes in to the pub 

Will comment on those I have seen mentioned on this thread.....
Billy Dodds - had a couple of drinks with him in an interesting bar called River Palace in Kiev in 2006, last time I ever went to a Scotland away game. Fine bloke and happy to talk fondly of his time at AFC and all things Scottish fitba - he was eventually distracted by some of the 'scenery' in the place.
Stewart McKimmie - been in to see us as a 'business development rep' over the years - fine bloke and 90% of the conversation would end up being fitba.
Markus Heikkenen - liked him as a player, and interesting that his next 'cultural' experience after Aberdeen was Luton - home of the Daily Express, so given the comments, that was maybe his dream destination. Hopefully there was more Finnish megadeth music available there for him.
Russell Anderson - brought up in the same street - always a quiet lad, but fine enough - no surprise if he leans Tory - everyone in the finance/solicitor/legal world in ABZ seems to
Neale Cooper - really top bloke - quite happy to randomly chat and never gave it the billy big bollox........funny with it as well, RIP
Andy Goram - he is a despicable human being - could share a story of a visit to the north-east a few years back and the stunt he pulled, but it could risk getting legal. Mental health issues would be no excuse for this one.
..........the best one I met was Ludovic Roy - came up for a night out with a couple of Ayr supporting pals due to winning their ABZ fan club's player of the year, and was good crack. Only time I ever went to Tiger Tiger in Aberdeen, as I was starting to get too old for that nonsense, but he seemed to enjoy himself.

If @tarapoa ever tells the story about Andy Goram, I'm happy to second it having been at the same event. Beneath contempt as a human being.

On 13/04/2021 at 16:54, tarapoa said:

Stop being a plum, get it telt.

40 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

If @tarapoa ever tells the story about Andy Goram, I'm happy to second it having been at the same event. Beneath contempt as a human being.

Just get it telt.

Andy Goram once bought a 7 year old Henderson to deliver a can of coke at a function. He also did a weird thing where he folded his ear over, stuck his thumb in his mouth and blew and his ear popped back to amuse me and my pal.

Please tell the other story because it'll be better than mine.

7 hours ago, AllyMax said:

Theo Snelders? 

I've got a tale of Gandy Aoram being a RGC, along with Fat Ally and Gazza. So if you share your story of Gandy Aoram being a RBC then I'll elaborate it all cancels out and the law focus right off.

R = right, G=good, B =bad, C= aye, yous all know...

7 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

. He also did a weird thing where he folded his ear over, stuck his thumb in his mouth and blew and his ear popped back to amuse me and my pal.

I’ll bet that beast code lingo or some such. In the same way they travellers put cable ties round lampposts to show where dogs live. Did you “bump into” any other footballers shortly after that?

On 13/04/2021 at 19:30, AllyMax said:

Disappointing lack of stories about Dougie Imrie's maw on this.....

I must admit I quite liked Imrie. Played cards with him most weeks when he was at Caley and he was a decent fella, happy to pay for drinks and I think gave some people lifts home (could have mixed him up with another Caley player I can't remember now). I think he plays the panto villain, I know he was getting pelters from Caley fans over some nonsense about him and a lassie. It was very bizarre and I know he was quite fed up of it all. 

Contrast him with Adam Strachan who was a complete p***k. I was in the Mallard the evening he decided to smash the toilets up for a bit of fun. The fact his best mate at the club was Dyron Daal says a lot. 

Neale Cooper was a lovely gentleman, he stopped for a photo when County won promotion against Hamilton at Firhill when it was quite clear he wanted to get on the bus and into the beers. When I was around 12 I played for one of the many youth teams County had, and after playing against Nairn, Cooper came over to talk to me and my Dad about the game. He told me I had a brilliant shot and to keep working hard. I think because he was a Ross County manager, I never really understood just how good he was as a player. It wasn't till he passed that I thought to myself a man who had won the Cup Winners Cup told me I had a brilliant shot. 

Edited by UAE1929

Billy Dodds - had a couple of drinks with him in an interesting bar called River Palace in Kiev in 2006, last time I ever went to a Scotland away game. Fine bloke and happy to talk fondly of his time at AFC and all things Scottish fitba - he was eventually distracted by some of the 'scenery' in the place.

By "interesting bar" I assume you mean "knocking shop"

Stewart McKimmie - been in to see us as a 'business development rep' over the years - fine bloke and 90% of the conversation would end up being fitba.

Markus Heikkenen - liked him as a player, and interesting that his next 'cultural' experience after Aberdeen was Luton - home of the Daily Express, so given the comments, that was maybe his dream destination. Hopefully there was more Finnish megadeth music available there for him.

Russell Anderson - brought up in the same street - always a quiet lad, but fine enough - no surprise if he leans Tory - everyone in the finance/solicitor/legal world in ABZ seems to

Neale Cooper - really top bloke - quite happy to randomly chat and never gave it the billy big bollox........funny with it as well, RIP

..........the best one I met was Ludovic Roy - came up for a night out with a couple of Ayr supporting pals due to winning their ABZ fan club's player of the year, and was good crack. Only time I ever went to Tiger Tiger in Aberdeen, as I was starting to get too old for that nonsense, but he seemed to enjoy himself.

Go on, get the Goram story told. He has just turned up on a FB Cricket Group I am on.

On 02/04/2021 at 08:26, marie osmond said:

John Bourke is the nicest human being that ever walked this earth. 

He was a PE teacher at my school, seemed alright. Always played in the annual teachers v pupils football game and didn't go easy on the centre halves, which they really enjoyed and respected. He married an attractive, smart and generally fantastic English teacher at the school so he must have had something about him.