Footballers who aren't nice people

There is a serious point though. Folk are quite rightly talking about the importance of mental health and ensuring that we talk about it freely and openly, yet are happy to take the piss out of a guy's illness on here.

29 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

There is a serious point though. Folk are quite rightly talking about the importance of mental health and ensuring that we talk about it freely and openly, yet are happy to take the piss out of a guy's illness on here.

Whilst I appreciate the point you are making and the sensitivity surely long term (maybe just as patrons of this site or football social media) we would like everyone to be so comfortable talking about mental health issues that light-hearted comments are not taking offensively nor jumped on by others taking offence or making a big deal about it.

I hope I’ve got that across correctly.

There is also always the underlying question of do you accept comments about Goram being a dick because that’s the nature of this thread but as soon it becomes clear that his behaviour will most likely be driven by MH issues that is not ok?

Does that mean that every comment about Hately, Stevenson and anyone else on this thread isn’t very good because they may all have undiagnosed or non-public knowledge mental health challenges?

If that is the case where does it end?

For the record when I’m saying “you” I’m not necessarily challenging you I’m just asking it as an open question to anyone who wants to chime in. 

I don't have a problem with folk calling out Goram's behaviour, even if it might be partly down to his mental health issues, but I do think that actively taking the piss out of his illness is completely over the line.

I believe that it can be too easy & convenient to excuse cunty behaviour & hide behind MHI as a smokescreen to disguise the fact you are simply not a nice person.

I have been open on here as to my issues with Bipolar Disorder & Severe Depression, it isn't fun  & I would not wish it on anybody, yet I don't mind light hearted jokes around the conditions as to be otherwise goes down the route of being too censorious which is becoming an increasing problem in life. 

Someone being a dick & attacking people for having MHI are, of course, the absolute worstcunts.

I see Jordan Jones has been sharing anti-vaxxer shit on his socials. Enough to get him into this thread IMO.
John Sutton is the same which is really disappointing as I love the big handsome b*****d.

2 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:
3 hours ago, G51 said:
I see Jordan Jones has been sharing anti-vaxxer shit on his socials. Enough to get him into this thread IMO.

John Sutton is the same which is really disappointing as I love the big handsome b*****d.

On Twitter? Never found his account there. 

never mind. Found him. 

Edited by Rugster

On 29/03/2021 at 09:08, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I was a mascot for the Rovers when I was 10. I was a big lanky kid and had newborn giraffe style legs that I was really conscious of. 

Even more so when I heard Philip Burn make a comment about how skinny I was. I can laugh about it now but it totally ruined my day and exacerbated my lack of confidence. 

What an absolute c**t. 

Used to Serve ex Hibs and Rangers player Steven Whittaker in my previous job and he was a gentleman and would stand for a chat. 

Paul Kane ex Hibs and Aberdeen was very friendly when I met him too.

Pat Bonner always came across as a right dour and grumpy.

John Collins w**k!

Bertie Auld and Tommy Burns are both good guys who gave time. 

Another +1 for Tony Fitzpatrick.  A genuinely great guy.  

I 'met' Gazza once when I was trying to drive along a single track road out of the grounds of a hotel at Loch Lomond. He was in a fucking enormous Range Rover coming the other way. Tried to force me off the road rather than wait and let me pass. We had a frank exchange of words. He was a genuine cock who tried to belittle me as at the time I had a peugeot 306. Just signed for Oldco, all the money in the world, he had the Eminem bleached hair thing and was driving a car worth more than my house.  Rather than enjoying the trapings of wealth and fame he was an angry, frustrated, bitter bully.  

8 hours ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Another +1 for Tony Fitzpatrick.  A genuinely great guy.  

I 'met' Gazza once when I was trying to drive along a single track road out of the grounds of a hotel at Loch Lomond. He was in a fucking enormous Range Rover coming the other way. Tried to force me off the road rather than wait and let me pass. We had a frank exchange of words. He was a genuine cock who tried to belittle me as at the time I had a peugeot 306. Just signed for Oldco, all the money in the world, he had the Eminem bleached hair thing and was driving a car worth more than my house.  Rather than enjoying the trapings of wealth and fame he was an angry, frustrated, bitter bully.  

A friend of our family is an interior designer and did some work on Gazza’s house and she said the more expensive things were, the better they were for him...........so she charged him 5 times what she would have charged anyone else..............including 10 grand for curtains 😛