Raith Rovers v Dunfermline Athletic

Rovers deserve to be in front: they look like they have a clue and that is just fucking sublime football. No idea what we are playing tonight in all honesty in terms of tactics but it looks fucking hopeless anyway.

Crawford, you are stinking the place up.

5 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Largely agree with what's been said. I wouldn't take a draw now, but a draw also wouldn't necessarily be a bad result. 

The thing with a team like Dunfermline - where the quality in the squad is high but they're being hamstrung by their manager - is that they've got the capacity for individual moments of quality that can have a massive influence on matches. 

Going 2-0 up in six minutes at Dens tells you that. Wighton's goal in particular was excellent, but then the systemic failings with Crawford's Pars kicked in and Dundee had the time to get their goals back. 

Those flashes of brilliance are concerning, from a Rovers point of view. Those sparks of inspiration are exactly what we've been missing recently. We've scored four goals in six games. Three of those goals were from corners. Two of the goals were against League Two opposition. 

The limited success we've had recently has come through hard graft and perserverence rather than true quality or instinct. If we'd had McManus, (pains me to say it) Wighton or even Kevin O'Hara up front over our last five or six league games we'd almost certainly be at least two points better off. 

That said, we've been very strong defensively, which gives us a really solid base. If I was Stevie Crawford, my team was low on confidence and I was looking for a win, there are a lot of back fours I'd choose to face before this Rovers' one. Going forward, I wonder if Lewis Vaughan might be just about ready to step into that number 10 role behind the striker. In the way that Regan Hendry makes the back half of our team tick, Vaughan can do the same for the front. He's the only one of our forwards (discounting the wingers) whose technical quality and natural ability outstrips his physical attributes and/or the effort he puts in. 

We've done plenty of huffing and puffing recently, and we'll see more of that tonight. I'd be amazed if it was anything other than a game of fine margins, and probably a fairly brutal watch with it. Even the 4-1 game was like that until the first goal went in. 

It concerns me slightly that some Pars fans reckon they'll need to go behind to get something, because I think our best chance is probably to scrap a goal from somewhere and then see out the 1-0. 

This boy talks some amount of pish.