Raith Rovers v Dunfermline Athletic

Not been on much so I didn't real I there was so much negativity about King. He's doing a job I reckon but not the kind of job that makes you popular. 

No matter how good a win would be here we're not going to be as open as the first half of the season. King will play and sit I reckon, and yeah he'll probably pass it sideways a lot, because he's supposed to. 

If this goes well for us it will be stuffy and short on chances, but if Vaughan is able to start I think we're looking there for something to come off for us, or a set piece obviously. Going to be tight unless we have a nightmare again.

It's just The Caley's luck that we go on a winning streak, catch the teams above us, then they all end up playing each other in a mini-league of games in hand over us and all pull away.

Can't even be bothered guessing or anticipating how we go about this match; fed up engaging with the Pars at the moment. This is the legacy Crawford will leave as manager: total apathy from the fans and brutal football on display. Raith must be absolute dung if they don't win this tonight. 

It's just The Caley's luck that we go on a winning streak, catch the teams above us, then they all end up playing each other in a mini-league of games in hand over us and all pull away.

How can they all pull away when they’re all playing each other? Think you’re getting confused. Dunfermline are doing the exact opposite of pulling away.

9 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

How can they all pull away when they’re all playing each other? Think you’re getting confused. Dunfermline are doing the exact opposite of pulling away.

Dundee have pulled away and one of Dunfermline or Raith will if they win tonight. Then Dunfermline still have a game in hand over us.

We have been in free-fall since November. We aren't going to "pull away" There's only one way we are heading and that is more mid-table mediocrity under Crawford. It'd take some miraculous turn in fortunes for us. 

Dundee have pulled away and one of Dunfermline or Raith will if they win tonight. Then Dunfermline still have a game in hand over us.

But, again, that game in hand is over Dundee. It’s surely much better for Inverness that (at least) one team above them is dropping points in each of those games in hand, rather than everyone having games in hand against teams at the bottom of the table?

Rarely have I been less arsed about a Rovers Dunfermline game.

Completely agree with this. Honestly wouldn’t be buying the stream, if it wasn’t on tv. Raith will be out for revenge and we’ll play for a 0-0 draw, but forget to keep a clean sheet.

I'm just not buying into all this "we're shite" nonsense coming out of the Halbeath Road gang. The run of poor form away from home has to come to an end and the Rovers have past form in turning out to be the team that does the giving. QoS at Christmas anyone?

This will be a very close game and expect both Wighton and/or McManus to collect one or more of their usual obligatory goals against us. We really need to turn up big time tonight (especially in the scoring stakes) or another skelping is on the cards.

6 minutes ago, embow said:

I'm just not buying into all this "we're shite" nonsense coming out of the Halbeath Road gang. The run of poor form away from home has to come to an end and the Rovers have past form in turning out to be the team that does the giving. QoS at Christmas anyone?

This will be a very close game and expect both Wighton and/or McManus to collect one or more of their usual obligatory goals against us. We really need to turn up big time tonight (especially in the scoring stakes) or another skelping is on the cards.

We are shite, though. We've put in 3 maybe 4 decent displays this season. The rest have been abject snooze-fests where we either came in to life for a small period of time to get a result or scraped it out of nothing, when we really didn't deserve it. Hearts at home 2-1, Raith at home 4-1 and Hearts away, where we were very unlucky not to walk with at least a point, are the only decent performances I can think of. The rest have been utter, utter shite. 

Largely agree with what's been said. I wouldn't take a draw now, but a draw also wouldn't necessarily be a bad result. 

The thing with a team like Dunfermline - where the quality in the squad is high but they're being hamstrung by their manager - is that they've got the capacity for individual moments of quality that can have a massive influence on matches. 

Going 2-0 up in six minutes at Dens tells you that. Wighton's goal in particular was excellent, but then the systemic failings with Crawford's Pars kicked in and Dundee had the time to get their goals back. 

Those flashes of brilliance are concerning, from a Rovers point of view. Those sparks of inspiration are exactly what we've been missing recently. We've scored four goals in six games. Three of those goals were from corners. Two of the goals were against League Two opposition. 

The limited success we've had recently has come through hard graft and perserverence rather than true quality or instinct. If we'd had McManus, (pains me to say it) Wighton or even Kevin O'Hara up front over our last five or six league games we'd almost certainly be at least two points better off. 

That said, we've been very strong defensively, which gives us a really solid base. If I was Stevie Crawford, my team was low on confidence and I was looking for a win, there are a lot of back fours I'd choose to face before this Rovers' one. Going forward, I wonder if Lewis Vaughan might be just about ready to step into that number 10 role behind the striker. In the way that Regan Hendry makes the back half of our team tick, Vaughan can do the same for the front. He's the only one of our forwards (discounting the wingers) whose technical quality and natural ability outstrips his physical attributes and/or the effort he puts in. 

We've done plenty of huffing and puffing recently, and we'll see more of that tonight. I'd be amazed if it was anything other than a game of fine margins, and probably a fairly brutal watch with it. Even the 4-1 game was like that until the first goal went in. 

It concerns me slightly that some Pars fans reckon they'll need to go behind to get something, because I think our best chance is probably to scrap a goal from somewhere and then see out the 1-0. 

I'm just not buying into all this "we're shite" nonsense coming out of the Halbeath Road gang.

You’ve obviously not seen us play in 2021, other than the game against you guys. Until Saturday, we had scored more goals in that one game than the other 9 combined. Saturday was the first time we’d scored a goal away from home in 2021 and our poor away form has now come to East End as well.

In 2021 we’ve failed to score in 7 of our 11 matches and seem to set up to play for a 0-0 draw every week, despite our best players (on paper) being attack-minded. If you don’t think that’s a sign of a shite team, I don’t know what is.

If we had beaten you 1-0 or something in February, I’d perhaps agree that it’s likely to be a close game tonight. But you’ll be wanting revenge, while we’ll play for a 0-0. You’ll score early on, due to our defenders not actually being very good, then it will take Crawford until the 80 minute mark and/or a couple more Raith goals to realise that he can’t play for 0-0 anymore.