Raith Rovers v Dunfermline Athletic

What is OFW doing at that Vaughn freekick?
Seems to wait forever then go down in stages... :lol: 

Doing what he does best: chucking simple efforts in to the back of the net.

2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Has he always been this bad? I read that he made Wales Squad for the last Euros which would indicate that either his form has dropped dramatically or there were only 3 Welsh goalies available for selection and he made the cut by default.

He DID seem to play a blinder against Dundee though. A better performance may have kept out Lewis Vaughan's peachy free kick and maybe one of Gullan's brace, but he was hung out to dry by the defence, including Captain 'lethal at set pieces' Murray. But a team defends from the front, and Crawford's utter bemusement at what shape we were playing and complete inability to do anything about it meant the players in front of the defence didn't know what they were meant to be doing (hence the comedy written note) or lay a glove on their opponents (despite a few "agricultural" tackles). Rovers were imperious last night, to a man. Even Dan Armstrong, who has been at times a shadow of his former self, performed admirably when he came on. Slightly worrying was the number of other managers in attendance, no doubt slavering over the performances of at least Hendry and Musonda, but it was more than revenge for the 4-1 game. It was as abject a humiliation of the massive team as I've seen and certainly on par (!) With 6-0 in 1983.

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

How long is the full match replay available for? Hoping to watch it tonight after work.

It’ll still be up tonight.

EDIT: Should be up until the end of the week at least.

Edited by Roath Raver

Well I couldn't have called that one much more wrongly and that's fine by me.  Never seen a derby win like that in 30 years of going, even the 3-0s were tight games until something turned them but this was an absolute lesson.  Not one for getting it up Stevie Crawford, a big player in our history and obviously had a bad time last night.

Need to find time to watch that all again.  

Here, one shout out for Dan Armstrong who was maybe unfortunate to be dropped but came on in a defensive position and gave a really professional display, did his bit with discipline.  Wingers might be hot and cold by nature but he applied himself and mucked in there.  Fair play.

We were fantastic last night, I finished at 9pm last night and didn’t look at the result. Tbh, I couldn’t take my eyes off the action. I can’t believe we produced such a dominant performance. I was ecstatic to see Lewis Vaughan back on the score sheet. Wonder if Gullan could be persuaded to sign on next season. You can tell Regan Hendry is away at the end of the season. Loads of teams will be vying for his signature. What a difference in Bene. Musonda really is bringing out the best in him. 

Fantastic performance last night, Pars gave us the freedom of midfield and boy did we use it, we dominated from start to finish and i'm struggling to remember a better performance since the mid 90's, so good to see but I wish we could be there.

Crawford's jacket definitely on a shoogly peg, they were all over the place chasing shadows last night, I almost feel sorry for them🤣 

Didn’t see that Rodgering coming! I dismissed a pars fans worries fearing some of our guys wouldn’t turn up and the Fife football Leviathan would bounce back from the Dens debacle. Well the stars aligned beautifully we turned up with a plan and they didn’t turn up at all.

On that showing Pars are an absolute gang and the only black spot on a great performance was gifting them a shoddy goal. I also thought McCann could have walked for the foul on Regs, was a bit nasty that.

Delighted for all the boys but especially LV. Special thanks has to go to Muzza and Stevie Craw, long may you stay at Eastend.

9 hours ago, Roath Raver said:

Match highlights... off to bed now. 

Michty me, that GoPro behind the goal does Owain Fon Williams absolutely no favours for the third. He can definitely see it the whole way, and nobody's even slightly close to getting a touch on it. I think the high volume "c'mon tae f**k!" from a teammate is about as succinct a summation as you'll get. 

Unbelievable game. It's always good to get one over on your rivals, but the performance pleased me far greater than the 5-1 scoreline. Dominant from start to finish and, as has been mentioned before, a performance we know this squad is capable of.

I think Jamie MacDonald spoke for us all when the camera went to him after the 5th went in!

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Jesus, this is like being Edward Norton in American History X in jail scenes here.

The greenhouse scene in "Scum". If crowds had been allowed we'd have been looking at Stark's Park full of this...

filmbore: filmbore pick of the week - Scum

8 minutes ago, ParsJake said:

The greenhouse scene in "Scum". If crowds had been allowed we'd have been looking at Stark's Park full of this...

filmbore: filmbore pick of the week - Scum

😂 Commuters on the train flashing past. Was that......was that a buggering I saw?...Surely not. 

Dunfermline should have put an untried 16 year old schoolboy in goals,  it worked for QoS, and he'd probably have made a better effort than OFW for a couple of the goals. 

Seriously,  a cracking game,  what a pace and energy Raith played with and also some quality goals and plenty of good passing moves.