Raith Rovers v Dunfermline Athletic

I said it before the game finished. That scoreline flattered dunfermline. We were unplayable tonight and if we play like that every game we will be promoted.

Long way from 12 months ago when it was up for debate if we should even be in this league.

You'll not be playing like that every game though. Pretty sure you'll not play like that again for a couple of seasons as you'll not be playing the Pars again till then.

One of those games where everything clicked.  We have a young but very talented squad.  We don't have the experience to be consistent, but when it works you get a game like that where the side were just unplayable.  That first goal is one of the best I have seen us score.

Dunfermline were awful.  Teams who have done well against us have been disciplined, closed us down and battled in the midfield.  They certainly didn't give the best player on the pitch all the space in the world.

That was an utter mauling. As I said pre-match, I always felt that the game at East End Park was more down to our mistakes rather than Dunfermline being a good footballing side. Tonight we showed up for the full game barring MacDonald's lapse of judgement in the first half. We played the style of football which this team is capable of on their day and we were lightyears ahead of the Pars. Crawford is a complete fraud of a manager - he should never have been given the Pars job given his only experience was a mediocre spell with East Fife. 

It was great to see our midfield put in a performance similar to the first half of the season. Ross Matthews makes an incredible difference. There's no chance we'll keep Regan Hendry based off that - I'd imagine he'll have the choice of the bottom 6 teams in the SPFL Premiership to pick from in the summer. Aside from that, it was great to see Vaughan back on the score sheet again. It's an absolutely inspirational story to see him at it still after all he's been through. 

What a night, what a result, what a team. Fourth time we've scored 5 goals against a team this season.

That's as big a gulf in quality as you'll see in this league all season. You could see from the word go that Dunfermline had no answer to our shape and movement and they were chasing their tails from the off. They changed their shape to 3 at the back but I'd be lying if I said it made an iota of difference. To be fair to the Pars fans on here, absolutely everything they said about how bad they were was true. 

Outstanding time for us to get into gear and finally really show how good we can be. If we can maintain that level of performance we will be a hell of a test for any side in the playoffs. Over the moon for Lewis Vaughan especially, but also Jamie Gullan who has struggled a wee bit since coming back; tonight will do him the world of good. 

That was an utter mauling. As I said pre-match, I always felt that the game at East End Park was more down to our mistakes rather than Dunfermline being a good footballing side. Tonight we showed up for the full game barring MacDonald's lapse of judgement in the first half. We played the style of football which this team is capable of on their day and we were lightyears ahead of the Pars. Crawford is a complete fraud of a manager - he should never have been given the Pars job given his only experience was a mediocre spell with East Fife. 
It was great to see our midfield put in a performance similar to the first half of the season. Ross Matthews makes an incredible difference. There's no chance we'll keep Regan Hendry based off that - I'd imagine he'll have the choice of the bottom 6 teams in the SPFL Premiership to pick from in the summer. Aside from that, it was great to see Vaughan back on the score sheet again. It's an absolutely inspirational story to see him at it still after all he's been through. 
What a night, what a result, what a team. Fourth time we've scored 5 goals against a team this season.
You just hope with a player like Hendry that he doesnt end up going to a Hamilton and get utterly fucking wasted with their shit way of playing.

9 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

That was an utter mauling. As I said pre-match, I always felt that the game at East End Park was more down to our mistakes rather than Dunfermline being a good footballing side. 

Whereas tonight we didn't make any mistakes and this was all down to Raith being incredible? 

I can't think off the top of my head the last time we were that bad, at everything, everywhere. When we finished 7th in league one we put in better performances than that. 

Absolutely wild. 

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Whereas tonight we didn't make any mistakes and this was all down to Raith being incredible? 

I can't think off the top of my head the last time we were that bad, at everything, everywhere. When we finished 7th in league one we put in better performances than that. 

Absolutely wild. 

The howler from OFW at the free kick aside, pretty much. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

Incredible performance by us, as good a performance as I can remember seeing. Dunfermline were awful but we certainly contributed to that in a big way with our approach to the game. Totally dominant from start to finish. Great energy and pressing from the front and excellent in possession with superb passing and movement. Some cracking goals too.

There wasn’t a failure in the entire team, seems almost unfair to single out players but I’m going to anyway! Vaughan and Gullan could finally be the solution to our striking problems, they linked superbly and it’s just brilliant to see Vaughan back to his best, let’s hope he stays fit. However, I thought the best player on the park was Regan Hendry he totally controlled the game and was imperious, a fabulous footballer and we just have to enjoy every game we have him for.

Great to see how desperate the players were to make up for the embarrassment at East End Park, just a shame we couldn’t be there to enjoy it.

Credit to McGlynn for leaving out the physical striker. Got his selection and formation spot on. Crawford really had no answer, a couple of formation changes, 3 subs and couldn’t work out how to counteract it. He really is out of his depth. Petrie seems the obvious choice for Dunfermline and I think he would get that squad of players firing but I hope Crawford gets a little longer obviously.

Fair play to the Pars fans who have taken it very well, rather disappointingly.

So so much discredit going towards the rovers it crazy. Dunfermline weren’t the greatest but it’s a derby, with high stakes, and raith were superb to a man. I didn’t even feel comfortable at 4-1 even with how the game was going but to see out the game the way they did and to get another goal was superb. Bene and frankie as a pairing are diamond. Hopefully the boys can do enough to get second and then whatever happens happens.

It’s always going to be the case that one teams outstanding play is another teams poor defending. Looking at the overall zip to Rovers play tonight makes me lean towards us being really good rather than the Pars being bad but I realise others will see it the other way.

1 minute ago, Raith's12Man said:

So so much discredit going towards the rovers it crazy. Dunfermline weren’t the greatest but it’s a derby, with high stakes, and raith were superb to a man. I didn’t even feel comfortable at 4-1 even with how the game was going but to see out the game the way they did and to get another goal was superb. Bene and frankie as a pairing are diamond. Hopefully the boys can do enough to get second and then whatever happens happens.

You didn't feel comfortable at 4-1? With us enjoying almost blanket possession??

You must be a nervous wreck at most games 

That was sensational. We were superb and everything just seemed to click. Everytime we went forward, I was somewhat confident we would end up scoring. 

Hard to pick a man of the match. Vaughan, having had a hellish layoff, was brilliant and showed glimpses of where he'd been prior to injury and Gullan looked like the player we had previously too. For me, though, Regan Hendry was the best player on the park - dominated the play and completely ran the show. 

All. The credit has to go to McGlynn for this. It is fair to say that we had become hugely predictable and there's little doubt the line up would've caught Dunfermline off guard. I was wondering what McGlynn was playing at when I saw it, but it worked wonders. To be 5-1 up in a derby and then bring your top goalscorer on from the bench is quite something. 

This is the second time this season we've completely dominated like this. The other was against Morton on the 5-0, and they played most the game with ten men. 

Superb stuff and I'm chuffed to bits. That's certainly avenged the shambles at EEP.