Raith Rovers v Dunfermline Athletic

Easy home win.

Even if we score first we'll shite it and concede.

In fact the only way we will get a result is if Rovers go in front.

Edited by DA Baracus

Bit nervous about this one after how poor we were at East End. Good to have a 3 point cushion going into it, even if the Pars have a game in hand. Tempted to think of it as a shot to nothing with more winnable (on paper at least) games approaching, Hopefully McGlynn is working on a masterclass to send us six points clear.  

Will be interested to see what McGlynn does in terms on formation for this one. Been a midfield diamond with 2 up front the last couple of games and we definitely needed to switch things up having become a bit stale and predictable. However, Dundee seemed to get a lot of joy down the wings yesterday so I’m not sure if that will play on McGlynn’s mind to go with wingers again. I hope not though as Dunfermline nullified our wingers very easily at East End.

Huge game for both teams given how tight it is for a play off place which makes me favour the draw. I hope I’m wrong but I can see both teams fearing defeat too much to really chase the 3 points.

Line up wise I would keep the diamond and go with:

MacDonald

Tumilty    
Musonda    
Bene    
MacDonald

Hendry   
Matthews     
Spencer   
Kennedy

Vaughan   
Gullan

However, as above, I’m not sure if McGlynn will be tempted to return to wingers. Also, I think he might be play one of Ugwu/Duku upfront, he likes a physical presence up top and Dunfermline looked vulnerable at set pieces last night too so an extra bit of height could help there. Tait or Spencer is a tough decision but going by McGlynn’s love of rotation, I think with Spencer sitting out yesterday and Tait playing the last 2 they will swap for this one.

For Dunfermline, I would expect a reaction from yesterday. It’s hard to imagine that squad of players losing 4 in a row against Championship sides in all competitions. They looked better after their subs yesterday so I’d imagine McManus and Banks are nailed on to come back into the team. Don’t know if Paul Watson will make it after going off last night, it will be a blow for the Pars defensively if he misses out by might be a blessing in disguise for them if it forces Mayo to centre back and they have a proper central midfielder alongside Wilson.

I will go for a 1-1 draw, Kennedy for us and McManus for Dunfermline.

I want us to do enough not to lose this but its over, we are in free fall and Rovers aren't. 

I wouldn't even call it the final nail in the coffin because I believe thats already been firmly hammered in. 

The only players that look like providing an impact would be the newer loanee signings and personally I think there is no advantage to the club in playing them anymore. 

You Rovers boys are thinking waaaay too much here. Enjoy yourselves, it wont be this way for long. 

I want us to do enough not to lose this but its over, we are in free fall and Rovers aren't. 

I wouldn't even call it the final nail in the coffin because I believe thats already been firmly hammered in. 

The only players that look like providing an impact would be the newer loanee signings and personally I think there is no advantage to the club in playing them anymore. 

You Rovers boys are thinking waaaay too much here. Enjoy yourselves, it wont be this way for long. 

Nice try 🤣

You are sitting 3rd. 3 points behind second. With a game in hand. You’re hardly in free fall.