Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

54 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

racist losers 

54 minutes ago, Antlion said:

sad, xenophobic, hate-filled old failure

26 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

conspiracist arseholes 

@Kenneth840These are the joyous civic nationalists that you're depending on to take NewCo Scotland into the sunlit uplands of independence.  This is them on a good day.

15 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

@Kenneth840These are the joyous civic nationalists that you're depending on to take NewCo Scotland into the sunlit uplands of independence.  This is them on a good day.

I don’t think “civic nationalism”, by any definition (other than your own), requires cuddling up to far-right, xenophobic racists like yourself, whose MO is to stir up grievance and trawl Twitter for like-minded extremists (so you can promote them just before they’re banned). 

Kincardine: Self-determination for Scotland is cultish.

Also Kincardine: supports a football team and a union joined at the hip through historical protestant-exceptionalism and fled to England so his kids would only get British brain-washed, not Scottish brain-washed.

13 hours ago, HTG said:

Crack on blocking - when you reach the point where you've blocked everyone except The Kincardine, you'll have reached peak Alba. 

Snp voter m8y

12 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I dont understand why people have to resort to insults when posting. There is no need for it. 

11 hours ago, Namond Brice said:

Approx 35 Hz

Independence is about taking decisions for Scotland in Scotland based on how the people who live here vote. That will include cooperation with other countries where it make sense and divergence where it doesn't. In what form of democracy can a neighbouring country deny the legitimate moral wishes of another, be that a for referendum, safe drug consumption facilities or defending children's rights?

Sadly, until we have independence, we face the prospect of a Westminster government, populated by Harry Enfield caricatures of politicians, imposing hard-right social and economic policies that 70% plus of us haven't voted for.

Achieving independence is about convincing the "middle ground" that it's in our best interests. I simply don't believe that the creation of Alba makes that job any easier. I also doubt that it will make much progress in elections. We shall see.

19 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Let me be clear, The Alba Party, filled as it is with conspiracists, homophobes and transphobes, is a barrier to independence. 

Never bothered you when they were pissing and shitting themselves inside the tent!

2 hours ago, Saltire said:

Independence is about taking decisions for Scotland in Scotland based on how the people who live here vote. That will include cooperation with other countries where it make sense and divergence where it doesn't. In what form of democracy can a neighbouring country deny the legitimate moral wishes of another, be that a for referendum, safe drug consumption facilities or defending children's rights?

Sadly, until we have independence, we face the prospect of a Westminster government, populated by Harry Enfield caricatures of politicians, imposing hard-right social and economic policies that 70% plus of us haven't voted for.

Achieving independence is about convincing the "middle ground" that it's in our best interests. I simply don't believe that the creation of Alba makes that job any easier. I also doubt that it will make much progress in elections. We shall see.

Agree with most of your post, but democracy doesnt apply to Scotland. 

The British state will do their best to keep a hold of Scotland, the managed democracy that we have means we will never be free.. 

I always amazes me that the Alba supporters feel that by creating this breakaway splinter group who attack the SNP at every single opportunity, feel that in some way they are helping the independence cause. They are not.

The wavering voters will look at the independence movement and see a chaotic mess of in-fighting, often over issues that have little or nothing to do with independence, but very much to do with ego. Will the presence of Alex Salmond's group persuade any of these folk to come to the Yes side? Will trashing the record of the SNP government convince people that Scotland can go it alone?

Alba are not a gateway to independence. Despite their tiny appeal, they are a barrier to it.

7 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I always amazes me that the Alba supporters feel that by creating this breakaway splinter group who attack the SNP at every single opportunity, feel that in some way they are helping the independence cause. They are not.

The wavering voters will look at the independence movement and see a chaotic mess of in-fighting, often over issues that have little or nothing to do with independence, but very much to do with ego. Will the presence of Alex Salmond's group persuade any of these folk to come to the Yes side? Will trashing the record of the SNP government convince people that Scotland can go it alone?

Alba are not a gateway to independence. Despite their tiny appeal, they are a barrier to it.

Alba will become the new “Scottish Resistance” for the media during the next referendum 

They’ll be following it’s more looney supporters around like a bad smell 

Indeed. They come across as a bunch of whiny nutbags who, when the next IndyRef fails will be spewing bile about blaming everyone else bar themselves for infighting. They also seem to think that justifiable criticism of their arsehole candidates means
"YoU mUsT wAnT tO sTaY iN tHe UnIoN".

They should simply be treated as a herding pen for the nutter/da fringes of the Indy movement and mocked/ignored as appropriate.

Certainly their most vocal supporters online don't seem terribly interested in winning new converts to the cause, holding on to soft Yes voters or, indeed, whether or not a majority of people would even vote for independence. There's a majority of indy MSPs, so Sturgeon must UDI now (as if that's what Salmond would do).

Thankfully, they all appear to be moaning-faced shitebags rather than actual nutters liable to try mixing nitroglycerine in the garden shed.