Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Those are the people I’m referring to. They’re the big hitters that could’ve partially tipped the scales but they were sitting back and waiting for the more radical dafties to shoot their load and see how it goes. It really annoys me that I can’t remember the term for it because I read it in a book last year. I want to say it’s the rebel’s gambit but it’s not that. Alba were fucked unless they could make a sufficiently big splash with the radicals to tempt other fence sitters into joining in but they couldn’t and so they didn’t.

I take your point about Joanna Cherry. Angus MacNeil is a knitted character 

The embers of this bin fire still burning then.

A fucking minter to spend the last few months claiming the SNP don't want independence, to then have your 2nd top boy come out with a Gordon Brown special.

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:

Scottish independence: Why unionists and nationalists should consider 'home rule' – Kenny MacAskill MP

https://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/columnists/scottish-independence-why-unionists-and-nationalists-should-consider-home-rule-kenny-macaskill-mp-3258211

Vote Alba for independence....er...home rule.

MacAskill is just a bitter old man who is struggling to accept his own irrelevance.

41 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Passed a flat in Maddiston yesterday. All through the election they had a big ALBA sign above their door and saltires in all the windows. All still there. 

They are bound to be excited.  After all, the Alba party received almost as high a percentage of the vote in Scotland as Laurence Fox received in the London Mayor election. 

Now the dust has settled who do we nominate for the biggest idiot in the Alba debacle? There's roughly 45000 people to choose from but I'm nominating Austin Sheridan as the only guy who took the grift at face value and now has to list himself as a "former SNP councillor and SNP member" in his Twitter bio and retweets them every day despite leaving them to join Alliance for Independence AND Alba.

Now the dust has settled who do we nominate for the biggest idiot in the Alba debacle? There's roughly 45000 people to choose from but I'm nominating Austin Sheridan as the only guy who took the grift at face value and now has to list himself as a "former SNP councillor and SNP member" in his Twitter bio and retweets them every day despite leaving them to join Alliance for Independence AND Alba.
Was he the one that was told he'd have to wait two years before he could rejoin?

4 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:
6 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Was he the one that was told he'd have to wait two years before he could rejoin?

I think you mean Craig Berry

• 2 weeks later...

20 years ago I shared an office with a girl (there were 6 of us in the office in total). This girl, though, was funny, smart and very laid back. We were friendly at the time (not in that way). We stopped working together in 2003 when I moved away and lost contact fairly soon afterwards. 

Last night my wife is on Twitter, and showed me a profile. It was her (she and my wife had always got on as well). 

No idea what happened to her but the twitter timeline is endless anti-Trans stuff, ALBA party guff and conspiracy theories. 

f8ee67230007875e60e1413dc0acf02c.gif

That's just generally the worst thing about social media, and the reason I dropped off it. It's not worth keeping track of what people are up to when it turns out that secretly they're all a bunch of seething roasters, in one way or another.

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

That's just generally the worst thing about social media, and the reason I dropped off it. It's not worth keeping track of what people are up to when it turns out that secretly they're all a bunch of seething roasters, in one way or another.

The good thing about P&B is that there’s no cloak of secrecy.