Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hold on, there's more

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I started on X-Files for the first time last year and absolutely loved it until the end of the 2nd season. The over-arching story and mystery is phenomenal but too many of the 'monster of the week' episodes were just dull and in some cases are just tired and dated now.

My favourite ever episode was their blatant rip-off of The Thing though. Cracking episode.

The f**k is this?

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

It's a lot gorier than I anticipated. Worth a watch tho even just for the f**k the govt message or how hot Scully and Mulder are.

I used to prefer the latter in my TV but I've swung around to the former more recently. I do like the  mythology characters in X-Files whose motives and allegiances are uncertain tho like X and Skinner. They're great.

Agreed on the monster of the week stuff tho. Any episode involving a random cult or guy quoting scripture are my faves by a distance. The satanists and vegan cults are the first ones I think of or the Vietnam vet enacting vengeance. "I haven't slept for 24 years!"

10 Fun Facts From the 'X-Files' 20th Anniversary Reunion with Gillian  Anderson and David Duchovny | IndieWire

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I started on X-Files for the first time last year and absolutely loved it until the end of the 2nd season. The over-arching story and mystery is phenomenal but too many of the 'monster of the week' episodes were just dull and in some cases are just tired and dated now.

My favourite ever episode was their blatant rip-off of The Thing though. Cracking episode.

There's two blatant rip offs I've seen so far one involving Antarctica with the excellent Felicity Huffman and another in a volcano that's also really good.

I'm on season 3 atm and I'm enjoying it. You're right that the monster of the week varies wildly in quality. Ones involving ghosts are generally bad but then the one with Harriet Samson-Harris and the demonic twin girls is superb.

2 hours ago, renton said:

I feel like that one was over rated. I loved the one with the forest and the bugs from season 1.

Darkness Falls? Another good episode. 

49 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Hold on, there's more

The f**k is this?

10 Fun Facts From the 'X-Files' 20th Anniversary Reunion with Gillian  Anderson and David Duchovny | IndieWire

It's important to see yourself in media.

God Krycek fucking sucks. Hope he gets his tatties the little tattletale.

If we follow the logic the SNP are a bunch of  neo-marxists I assume that as a Green I'm hereafter a full blown tankie?

Getting my application sent into the Stalin Society & whichever UK parties are still signed up to the Pyongyang declaration asap.

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I do agree with the Alba heads on here in that I don't see why some rando on Twitter is somehow meant to be indicative of what party policy is. Unless "7ANTHEA6" is another Wings burner account.

Aye, I don't really see the point of caring about shite like that, as if every party doesn't have equally shitty rockets supporting them.

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I do agree with the Alba heads on here in that I don't see why some rando on Twitter is somehow meant to be indicative of what party policy is. Unless "7ANTHEA6" is another Wings burner account.

If it was rando, I'd agree with you.

EzSl3jDVEAU1xX9?format=jpg&name=large

EzSl3jlUcAQwqFJ?format=jpg&name=large

And so on....

2 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Tooms rocked. The quality control is mental in the first couple of seasons but when it hits it hits. 

My favourite example of that was this one: Space (The X-Files) - Wikipedia

Series creator Chris Carter was inspired to write "Space" after reading about news of the "face on Mars"—an instance of pareidolia wherein a mound in the Cydonia region of Mars was taken to resemble a human face. The episode was conceived as a low-budget bottle episode, due to several earlier episodes having exceeded their budgets. Although the episode made use of a significant amount of inexpensive stock footage from NASA, the construction of the command center set was subject to cost overruns, eventually leading the episode to become the most expensive of the first season.

Mulder and Scully serve basically no purpose. They don't do anything, they just turn up and watch one guy have a mental breakdown.

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

What the f**k is ‘extreme sex education for children’?

Telling them that it's alright to be gay.

These utter fruitloops genuinely believe that young children are instructed in cunnilingus techniques, because they read terrible, terrible newspapers, and choose to believe the contents.