Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I'm sure he thought he'd win but it was always a gamble - one that he lost with Brexit. And he handed over control of the timing, the question and the franchise, all massive factors in the potential outcome. They'd have won a lot more comfortably if they'd insisted on the Westminster franchise, for instance, which excludes under 18s and foreign nationals.

I'd say the evidence suggests that Cameron was incredibly short sighted, and seen both as surefire winners.

EDIT: Also worth noting there was a lot more pressure on the Brexit referendum happening than there would be on the Indyref2 one from within the party. Not sure they're comparable.

Edited by Andre Drazen

24 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

FFS yoon rag. It has two linked political stories through the article one about Right Wing boot Fransen standing against NS and attention seeking Tommy fluffer Count Dankula standing for Hollyrood.

17 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

I'd say the evidence suggests that Cameron was incredibly short sighted, and seen both as surefire winners.

EDIT: Also worth noting there was a lot more pressure on the Brexit referendum happening than there would be on the Indyref2 one from within the party. Not sure they're comparable.

It's open to interpretation but there are no reports that he ever said to anyone that he thought the two referendums were sure-things, and I don't believe he was that naive.

You're right, there was little pressure from within his party to hold indyref, but if he'd lost it he was gone. And he gave Yes every chance to beat him.

1 minute ago, Florentine_Pogen said:
11 hours ago, BFTD said:
Can we do the things that Pandy can see both sides of again?
The Khmer Rouge may have slaughtered millions, but they made some good points about the arrogance of the educated liberal elites.

But did they get the trains running on time.?

The Nazis may have got the trains running on time, but the big problem was the destinations... 

32 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:
1 hour ago, Whitburn Vale said:
"When injustice becomes law,rebellion becomes duty" --- Thomas Jefferson 

"Hold my beer while I rape my slaves" --- Thomas Jefferson.

The post had nothing to do with Jefferson's lurid private life and more to do with the gravitas of his statement regarding British rule..........

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

It's totally understandable why the tories are favouring Salmond, as they think he is undermining Nicola's very popular position in Scotland, the thought throws them into orgasmic delight, when in fact he could well be "nipping" at their votes in the North east, a lot of tory voters are a bit on the thick side as exemplified by Douglas Ross the other night.

It's amazing how much land and money thick folk have amassed. 

42 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:
1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

Am I being wooshed? He used to have a column on the gee-gees at the back of (iirc) The Sun.

She was using it on the radio this morning, wasn't too impressed with some her answers. 

18 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Tsk, Gordon...... 'Trains on time' references are always to do with Mussolini and the Fascisti. emoji56.png

Huh, with the SNP government it's more like "trans on time". Amarite lads?.

12 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Is it an honourable abstain for the Greenock boi?

Stop being a shitebag and take a stand.

I'll need to take a look at all the permadiddy parties standing on the list first. The Nine Percent Growth Party always looked good on paper, until their platform turned out to be based on creating a white supremacist utopia IIRC.

12 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

It's amazing how much land and money thick folk have amassed. 

'Amazing' if you're too thick to grasp how inherited privilege works in a feudal relic of a country, sure. 

As a man on the run, I'll not be putting a X in my local posting office.

However, my newest daughter I wanted to name her Alba, until the wife put a zero no,no to it as it means crazy/thick as f**k in Thai.  We went with Skye.

The word Alba on it's own means nothing, however Al Ba, is more or or less Eh Ba= Houye you thinko.

Edited by SlipperyP

1 minute ago, virginton said:

'Amazing' if you're too thick to grasp how inherited privilege works in a feudal relic of a country, sure. 

That only works for the land, I'm taking it that the cash rich Tories must be 'University of lifers' due to their thickness, probably paying the wages of a fair few of the P&B intelligentsia. 

Nicola has certainly nudged even more of them over to the Tories. 

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Erm yes, because money of course is not subject to inheritance in the UK. 118595228_flat750x075f-pad750x1000f8f8f8.thumb.jpg.1bf8c8bcac12be5ef4767800d2b8d0fa.jpg

You can wiggle all you like, there are plenty of rich Tories out there who've earned what they've got, that number has increased in recent months, well done Nicola. 

Wonder which eejit we'll get once Nicola is found out and punted.