Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Probably not but I think I'll wait and see what the rest of their platform is - and whether that clown McEleny gets anywhere near the region's list - before formally ruling them out.
The idea of a National Care Service is a decent start from the SNP yesterday, though given they have never got round to scrapping Council Tax yet I'm sceptical that this sort of big and complex reform would actually be delivered. My second vote is still up for grabs. 
Given what you've said about the Greens - have you ruled them out or would you hold your nose and vote for them?

17 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Sorry to disappoint you granny.

TBH I hadn't really read into it before I voted there. I'm not going to vote for them.

You do not disappoint.

Edited by Granny Danger

19 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Right come on who's doing it then.

Also for the purposes of patter the 1872 Ballot Act was never introduced. Live and die by your takes.

What the hell! In for a penny in for a pound. They might even have some decent policies.

I actually like Salmond. Under him it actually felt like Scotland was going places. The world (well, America anyway) is fine with pussy-grabbing politicians and creepy old men who sniff schoolgirls hair. Not guilty! Or was it not proven? Either way, he’ll be fine. Just don’t leave him in a room late at night with women. Under Salmond we actually got an Independence referendum and increased support for independence from a paltry 25% to an almost there 45%.

The one time I’ve had any dealings with Kenny McAskill he seemed a really good and helpful MSP. 

Not sure about the rest of them but I couldn’t tell you what half the SNP ones are like either.

Now I just have to wait until April 6th to see what their policies are. If they sound reasonable then it’s a toss up between them and the Greens for the list vote.

The whole increase the Indy vote thing is a good idea but they weren't interested in the Indy vote when the bloggers and wings were constantly trying to bring down the FM for the best part of a year.  Also with Salmond fighting for womans rights, doesn't sit well with me. There is too much baggage with them so I'll vote Green on the list.

It seems that with the SNP drifting ever closer to pandering to careerists and the perpetually offended and the alba party taking the far right/lunatic fringes that there is no party in the centre for pro indy supporters anymore. You’d think labour would have a moment of self realisation and go for it, if they got rid of Baillie et al they’d have a real chance of being the party of government in an indy Scotland but essentially have zero chance of power in their current guise both here and UK wide. 

32 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

It seems that with the SNP drifting ever closer to pandering to careerists and the perpetually offended and the alba party taking the far right/lunatic fringes that there is no party in the centre for pro indy supporters anymore. You’d think labour would have a moment of self realisation and go for it, if they got rid of Baillie et al they’d have a real chance of being the party of government in an indy Scotland but essentially have zero chance of power in their current guise both here and UK wide. 

So if SLab became a totally different party to what they presently are you might vote for them?

I’m sure they will factor that in to their policy making.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

So if SLab became a totally different party to what they presently are you might vote for them?

I’m sure they will factor that in to their policy making.

Well given the significant shift in the SNP over recent years it’s not outwith the realms of possibility, there is no viable party in the centre currently and someone will fill that gap. 

Should certainly be interesting to see which policies they adopt over time, considering we know some of the views held by the people most likely to jump on board this new venture.

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Well given the significant shift in the SNP over recent years it’s not outwith the realms of possibility, there is no viable party in the centre currently and someone will fill that gap. 

The SNP are further to the left than Labour, more so under Starmer and the guy who won’t pay the living wage to his workforce.  Policies in Scotland are also driven by dependence on the U.K. government for funding as any fourth year modern studies student would realise.

Once we achieve Independence there will be no need for gap filling as I imagine a full spectrum will be on offer.