Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, ICTJohnboy said:

I'm not a supporter but I don't believe recent events will do them any harm.

Maybe not but it won’t do them any good.  They are, and will remain, a complete irrelevance; and rightly so.

36 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I'm not a supporter but I don't believe recent events will do them any harm.

Alba would need Humza to machine gun parliament to get more than their present number of MSPs imv.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

There was a poll that came out this week that put them on four MSPs.  Probably an outlier.

That was Panelbase again, who consistently had them in the 4-6% range in the run-up to 2021 where every other pollster was getting 2-3%, before the actual vote of 1.7%. Safe to assume they're an outlier until any other pollster gives similar figures.

I have finally found a reason to vote for them.

Decriminalisation of personal drugs use is one important aspect of a multi faceted approach; success in reducing addictions and poor outcomes, including unnecessary premature deaths, can be achieved only by a combination of aims including better, more varied and locally based treatment options favouring abstinence, encouraging social integration and enabling lasting recovery.

Addictions - ALBA (albaparty.org)

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

I couldn't find it on their website. I did have a look.

Found this on the Scottish Drugs Forum.

Scottish National Party back decriminalisation of drugs at party conference – SDF – Scottish Drugs Forum

think I might remember that now, did the executive or whatever they called not take it forward though.

I might be wrong on that though

52 minutes ago, ScotiaNostra said:

think I might remember that now, did the executive or whatever they called not take it forward though.

I might be wrong on that though

I think that's a reserved matter anyway.

42 minutes ago, ScotiaNostra said:

yeah, think your right

Drugs policy is one area where the boundaries are blurred - some parts are clearly health eg hospital and GP treatment (a devolved matter) and others criminal law eg decriminalisation of drugs (a reserved matter). 

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Drugs policy is one area where the boundaries are blurred - some parts are clearly health eg hospital and GP treatment (a devolved matter) and others criminal law eg decriminalisation of drugs (a reserved matter). 

Seem to recall this being an issue a few years back, that SG could legally set up safe rooms as a (devolved) public health intervention, but anyone using them, or supporting/assisting those users, would be breaking the (reserved) law.

1 minute ago, Shipa said:

Seem to recall this being an issue a few years back, that SG could legally set up safe rooms as a (devolved) public health intervention, but anyone using them, or supporting/assisting those users, would be breaking the (reserved) law.

Yep - that's the one area where there's been a blurring of responsibility.

• 4 weeks later...

I was half listening to the Radio Scotland interview with Alex Salmond this morning. I might have misheard, but I thought I heard him say that someone had managed to unearth membership numbers for the Scottish LibDems and the Tories and that Alba has overtaken both. 

I've looked online and can't find any such story. Anyone know if I heard correctly, and if so, what the source is?