Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I really don’t see another serious pro-Independence party being former prior to Independence.

After Independence there will be a natural reversion to other left/right options with the Greens probably playing a bigger role than they do in rUK.

Let's hope they know how to run Calmac efficiently 

34 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Let me tell you after a lifetime of voting SNP I wouldn't even be bothering to vote fullstop as none of the politicial parties are worthy of a vote.

If you're in exile do you even get a vote?

50 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'd like to see a Scottish Labour Party going their own way, pro independence and to the left of London. 

This old dead horse.  In my opinion, the opportune time for them to do this was during the indyref campaign.  Of course, the branch office instead chose the path of British nationalism and unyielding devotion to Westminster, becoming the useful idiots of the Tories for the campaign.  Their final act of betrayal of the Scottish people. 

Ironically, opposition to Scottish independence is probably the only thing that all factions of the Labour Party, from Momentum to Starmer, are united in.  They still believe that Scotland is Labour turf which will one day return to them, under British rule, of course.  

Talk about parties with "baggage", the last Labour regime deliberately misled the UK into an illegal war which killed over a million people, and into another, which was finally confirmed a few months ago when Kabul fell, to have all been for naught.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Personally I think the Gaelic pronunciation sounds daft from somebody speaking English, a bit like somebody saying Mathreeth instead of Madrid.

I agree.

There is very little knowledge of Gaelic outside of the western isles now.

Im from the east coast, but I remember many of the words my grandparents used were Gaelic, but spoken in the context of Scots.

I have very good knowledge of Gaelic, can participate in a conversation, and correct pronunciation is important, or it sounds pathetic 

12 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
1 hour ago, welshbairn said:
I'd like to see a Scottish Labour Party going their own way, pro independence and to the left of London. 

Pigs will fly first.

They'd have to overthrow the current hierarchy in Scotland, or start a brand new party, but I think there are a fair number of members prepared to make the switch. Were at least, maybe they've all left by now. There was a guy on here who got into bother for suggesting it at conference, he posted a video.

20 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They'd have to overthrow the current hierarchy in Scotland, or start a brand new party, but I think there are a fair number of members prepared to make the switch. Were at least, maybe they've all left by now. There was a guy on here who got into bother for suggesting it at conference, he posted a video.

Are you sure you're not thinking of this ...

chris.jpg.c131341a1f579a391fdf078092c4282b.jpg

During the indyref, there was a group of Labour members who publicly backed the Yes side, but if I remember correctly, they were kicked out of the party for it.   

Depending on who the branch manager is at the time, the attitude of the branch office towards members/voters who support independence shifts between; "We completely disagree with you, get out." And "We completely disagree with you, but vote for us, for some reason." 

Sarwar's attempts to portray himself and Labour as "neutral" on independence, during one the TV debates for the last Holyrood election, were utterly laughable.  The presenter basically told him that if he didn't want to take part in the section of the discussion about independence, he could go and sit down.

Fair do's to the guy for actually doing that.   

In my opinion, the Lib Dem policy on Scotland is arguably the most insulting of the three branch offices.  

The reason I say that is, despite decades of claiming to be the pro-European party and a clear majority of Scottish people being for EU membership, they see nothing egregious in Scotland itself being dragged out, completely at the determination of others.  They offer absolutely no solution to that, because to them being part of the herrenvolk democracy that is the UK is more important, and if us Scots want to be in the EU, we have no choice but to wait until England decides to rejoin.  

At this point, there is no "Remain" anymore, which adds another layer to their dishonesty.  We're either Europeans as independent Scots, or we won't be at all.

4 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

There's a consistent lead in the polls?

Independence would've been well ahead in the polls for years if it wasn't for THAT BLOODY WOMAN!