Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

😂

OK so were the views of loser candidates like Alex Arthur completely made up? Did Chris McEleny not just encourage a twitter pile-on which included death threats to an MSP after deliberately misrepresenting one of her tweets? 

Alba are a joke outfit and little more than a home for angry divorced da's and various other moonhowlers, this neatly being demonstrated by their frankly hilarious 1.66% vote share in the last election. 

I am a member of Alba due to my support for Alex Salmond and belief in independence. I had been a member of the SNP for 15 years prior to joining Alba. 

I do however keep my membership under review because much of the criticism of Alba is valid. The likes of McEleny and Arthur are absolute liabilities. 

To become a real credible party a lot of work needs to be done.

Edited by Thorongil

54 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Dunno if you've noticed but one of the biggest sticks to beat the SNP for years has been they "only care about independence". Them making efforts to prove their priority is good governance for Scotland, as opposed to independence for independence sake, is what got them into power and has kept them there. If they had just banged on about independence and independence alone, as Alba try and do, they'd probably end up with a similar vote share. 

The "prove competency in governance" phase for the SNP, which was always supposed to be a precursor to securing independence, primarily took place between 2007 and 2014, when most of the SNP's flagship policies were enacted.  Since then, there have been very few tangible achievements.

ALBA have some very good social policies that aren't specifically related to independence.  Particularly, their policies on poverty and housing.

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Analytica said:

ALBA have some very good social policies that aren't specifically related to independence.  Particularly, their policies on poverty and housing.

Funny, their supporters don't talk about that much. It's been all Unionist conspiracy theories and genitals so far.

26 minutes ago, Ayrshire Analytica said:

The "prove competency in governance" phase for the SNP, which was always supposed to be a precursor to securing independence, primarily took place between 2007 and 2014, when most of the SNP's flagship policies were enacted.  Since then, there have been very few tangible achievements.

Agreed. Since Sturgeon took over from Salmond, civic and social progress has halted and largely slid back. 

She has no actual achievements to speak of, which is disgraceful.

I have no idea how anyone could read the online output of the Alba moonhowlers and think "that's the party for me".

Did they not poll at less than 1% recently, yet consider themselves a credible alternative to the SNP? They will self implode soon.

1 hour ago, Thorongil said:

Agreed. Since Sturgeon took over from Salmond, civic and social progress has halted and largely slid back. 

She has no actual achievements to speak of, which is disgraceful.

The only folk who try to defend her record as FM at this point are the sycophantic careerists that she's surrounded herself with, who you just know would have been part of New Labour a generation or two ago, and her online fanclub who see her as a sort of patron saint of woke, to whom, she can do no wrong.  

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Analytica said:

The only folk who try to defend her record as FM at this point are the sycophantic careerists that she's surrounded herself with, who you just know would have been part of New Labour a generation or two ago, and her online fanclub who see her as a sort of patron saint of woke, to whom, she can do no wrong.  

Yet the SNP have never polled better. Alba supporters seem to be of two types, neanderthals who feel bitter about being left behind as younger more progressive types make their way up the party hierarchy and twitter obsessives who want to play the populist culture wars. Thus 1.6%. 

Edited by welshbairn

4 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Has Graeme Linehan showed up on PnB yet?

How would we possibly know?  :rolleyes:

Mr Performatively Angry of Bath has, but slunk off after being laughed at for his footballing views.

21 minutes ago, Ayrshire Analytica said:

^^^ Chris McEleny found 

2 hours ago, Thorongil said:

I am a member of Alba due to my support for Alex Salmond and belief in independence. I had been a member of the SNP for 15 years prior to joining Alba. 

I do however keep my membership under review because much of the criticism of Alba is valid. The likes of McEleny and Arthur are absolute liabilities. 

To become a real credible party a lot of work needs to be done.

This is where I'm at.

The idea of the Alba party is sound but the real life product, at this particular time, is awful. As long as the constitution dominates Scottish politics the destination of my vote is extremely limited as I simply cannot vote for any pro union option. 

Both the SNP and Alba need to pull their fucking socks up sharpish otherwise my participation in a future election may, for the first time in my adult life, be in serious doubt.