Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, Kenneth840 said:

Yes.

Still Don't know what you are saying though. 

Let me explain what actually happened.

They acted like a pair of fannies.  the speaker dished out some telts.  they continued to act like fannies.  the speaker ordered them out.  They still continued to act like fannies and refused to withdraw from the house so he started down the process of naming them, presumably so he could then get the SAA to physically huckle them.  They then decided to leave the house so the process of naming them wasn't completed.  We know this because no motion was made regards the naming by either the leader, or deputy leader of the house, hence the reason they aren't suspended.

ETA the speaker has gone easy on them by not completing the naming.

Edited by Left Back

9 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Let me explain what actually happened.

They acted like a pair of fannies.  the speaker dished out some telts.  they continued to act like fannies.  the speaker ordered them out.  They still continued to act like fannies and refused to withdraw from the house so he started down the process of naming them, presumably so he could then get the SAA to physically huckle them.  They then decided to leave the house so the process of naming them wasn't completed.  We know this because no motion was made regards the naming by either the leader, or deputy leader of the house, hence the reason they aren't suspended.

ETA the speaker has gone easy on them by not completing the naming.

Unionist point of view. 

If you weren't a Unionist, you wouldn't be backing up Westminster actions. 

Edited by Kenneth840

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Nothing meaningful to add to the discussion then now you’ve been shown to be wrong?

Was expecting an apology rather than an insult tbh.

I apologise if you take that as an insult.

There were 2 MPs that stood up for Scotland in the glorified parliament that is called Westminster, against many MPs that back the British way.  The 2 pure Scottish MPs are fighting, like most of us, to get Scottish Independence.  

Please help with this, to get our Independence. 

26 minutes ago, Kenneth840 said:

I apologise if you take that as an insult.

There were 2 MPs that stood up for Scotland in the glorified parliament that is called Westminster, against many MPs that back the British way.  The 2 pure Scottish MPs are fighting, like most of us, to get Scottish Independence.  

Please help with this, to get our Independence. 

If all the SNP MP's  had copied the 2 Alba boys who walked out of the party that got them elected, and ranted incoherently in the direction of disgraced and sacked Boris Johnson, how would that have progressed Scotland towards independence?

On 13/07/2022 at 16:24, dirty dingus said:

You saying the bitter Yoon rags were lying? 

The-Herald-2012-RFC-RIP.jpg

CHX2VFkWoAA-sKE.jpg

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/9162815/rangers-civic-reception-150th-anniversary-city-chambers/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=scottishsunfootballfacebook&utm_source=Facebook&fs=e&s=cl#Echobox=1657880326-1

Someone should really inform the guests of the tabloid headlines, to put them straight 😁

Edited by Duries Air Freshener

• 1 month later...

I see the 'Wee Alba Book Tour' is now underway, with a livestream from Skye and Lochalsh not having long finished.

As a Unionist, the 'Wee Blue Book' by Stu Campbell scared me a bit.  I didn't agree with what was in it, but there's no doubt that it converted a lot of people.  I remember a friend of mine telling me something along the lines of 'I just don't see anything like this from the No side', which was true.  The No campaign was awful.

The WBB was everywhere!  You couldn't get away from it on social media, and I remember seeing it being handed out by shopkeepers.

Anyway, I watched some of the Skye event, and it does seem rather low key.  Salmond spoke well as usual though.  I wonder if they'll manage to promote the Alba Book as well as the Blue Book.  I don't sense the same enthusiasm amongst the populace, but time will tell.

I take it this one has once again been authored by the Rev Stu Campbell?

I haven't read the wee Alba book, I know what it is about already.  Scotland can survive as an Independent country. 

But to survive, Scotland needs a competent government, something that Alex Salmond made in 2007 and again in 2011.  Alex Salmond helped to make the people of Scotland realise that we can decide our own destiny. 

But the establishment have successfully neutered the threat from Alex Salmond.  We have NS now, And to comment against her just won't do. 

46 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

As a Unionist, the 'Wee Blue Book' by Stu Campbell scared me a bit.  I didn't agree with what was in it, but there's no doubt that it converted a lot of people.  I remember a friend of mine telling me something along the lines of 'I just don't see anything like this from the No side', which was true.  The No campaign was awful.

Are you really a Unionist?

I'd never have guessed.

18 minutes ago, Kenneth840 said:

I haven't read the wee Alba book, I know what it is about already.  Scotland can survive as an Independent country. 

But to survive, Scotland needs a competent government, something that Alex Salmond made in 2007 and again in 2011.  Alex Salmond helped to make the people of Scotland realise that we can decide our own destiny. 

But the establishment have successfully neutered the threat from Alex Salmond.  We have NS now, And to comment against her just won't do. 

You're absolutely right regarding Salmond IMO, especially about him being neutered and the nature of it.  Sturgeon beats him for broad appeal, because she has fraudulently ingratiated her self with so many identity groups, but in terms of competency there is no contest.

The livestream I watched today showed a committed group of activists fighting for what they believe in, which I respect, however I couldn't help but think that Salmond deserved so much more.

I wonder if they'll manage to promote the Alba Book as well as the Blue Book.  I don't sense the same enthusiasm amongst the populace

Alba got about 347 votes in the Scottish and council elections combined. They’re a complete irrelevance, and the Alba Book will receive zero recognition whatsoever amongst the populace, let along any enthusiasm.

3 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Alba got about 347 votes in the Scottish and council elections combined. They’re a complete irrelevance, and the Alba Book will receive zero recognition whatsoever amongst the populace, let along any enthusiasm.

Well, if the referendum does go ahead then it’d be an important tool for those wishing a split.

On 27/08/2022 at 17:41, J_Stewart said:

That is a shame. One of the only Pro independence parties that are actively promoting the 2023 Indy referendum. By that I mean actually doing something by going out and promoting their "Wee Alba book".  

Now tell me what has the Snp done to promote the 2023 referendum, apart from regurgitating 2012 stuff that is no longer relevant. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/09/2022 at 17:36, Kenneth840 said:

That is a shame. One of the only Pro independence parties that are actively promoting the 2023 Indy referendum. By that I mean actually doing something by going out and promoting their "Wee Alba book".  

Now tell me what has the Snp done to promote the 2023 referendum, apart from regurgitating 2012 stuff that is no longer relevant. 

In my experience, the Wee Alba Book is being received well by the public and fellow independence supporters, including SNP acquaintances.  You'd think fellow nationalists would welcome the distribution of any materials aimed at convincing undecideds of the case for independence.  

While Sturgeonites are gleeful that Alba has not yet secured an electoral breakthrough, I would posit that the formation of Alba, the subsequent breakaway and the continued existence of the party, has nonetheless influenced the SNP's recent actions on independence.  

In any case, Alba will keep plugging away.

Edited by Ayrshire Analytica

• 1 month later...