Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Only devoted, loyal Alba activists will have thought that was a brilliant stunt. It really wasn't. 

It was amateur, embarrassing and cringe inducing. It was an obvious last roll-of-the-dice for their 2 (unelected) MP's to promote the Alba Party before a potential upcoming General Election (where they'd both easily get booted out). That's all it was. The only thing worth noting from the whole exchange was the equally ridiculous behaviour of the House of Commons Speaker. He clearly holds different standards for pro-independence MP's. 

Such a disappointment to see MacAskill reduced to pantomime antics. I don't have any time for Alba whatsoever, but I did once respect KA for the way he completely refused to be complicit in Gordon Brown and Labour's disgraceful persecution of Abdelbasset al-Megrahi, shot down their illegal bullying, threats, and harassment, and exposed them for the corrupt, conniving liars that they were.

4 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Such a disappointment to see MacAskill reduced to pantomime antics. I don't have any time for Alba whatsoever, but I did once respect KA for the way he completely refused to be complicit in Gordon Brown and Labour's disgraceful persecution of Abdelbasset al-Megrahi, shot down their illegal bullying, threats, and harassment, and exposed them for the corrupt, conniving liars that they were.

Aye, Kenny MacAskill is basically a decent guy IMO.

Sad to him resort to such childish nonsense.

4 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

The 150 years of glorious history riles up certain people.

Wee shame.

Most of us accept that Rangers died. The only people who seem riled up about that fact are the ones who feel the need to go on about 150 years.

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

Most of us accept that Rangers died. The only people who seem riled up about that fact are the ones who feel the need to go on about 150 years.

Don't forget the going for 55 comfort blanket too. As soon as you mention Ranger died to a bluenose it's like a rage-gasm quivering through their whole body. Then you just give it one o these wee faces.

leonardo-leonardo-dicaprio.gif

Edited by dirty dingus

1 minute ago, dirty dingus said:

Don't forget the going for 55 comfort blanket too. As soon as you mention Ranger died to a bluenose it's like a rage-gasm quivering through their whole body. Then you just give it one o these wee faces.

leonardo-leonardo-dicaprio.gif

That’s the first time I’ve seen someone cope with 150 years by making up stories about a ‘rage-gasm’ 😃

On 13/07/2022 at 19:06, monthefife said:

Only devoted, loyal Alba activists will have thought that was a brilliant stunt. It really wasn't. 

It was amateur, embarrassing and cringe inducing. It was an obvious last roll-of-the-dice for their 2 (unelected) MP's to promote the Alba Party before a potential upcoming General Election (where they'd both easily get booted out). That's all it was. The only thing worth noting from the whole exchange was the equally ridiculous behaviour of the House of Commons Speaker. He clearly holds different standards for pro-independence MP's. 

Why? I voted Alba and what I saw were 2 MPs standing up for Scotland, a speaker of the house being unprofessional and showing his anti Scottish rage and the SNP sitting on their backsides, some even laughing along with the opposite tory benches, towards fellow Scottish MPs.  

My understanding is that the 2 Alba MPs may have broken Westminster parliamentary procedure, but so did the Speaker in the manner that he ejected them.  Is it ok for us to play by the rules if they don't? 

Why didn't Ian Blackford and the whole bench of SNP members not stand up and make the point that the Speaker of the HOC was wrong in his method, and demand that the 2 Alba MPs were allowed to stay.  Why didn't they show solidarity with their fellow Independence supporting colleagues in what was a breach of procedure by the house of commons?

This is what is bothering me.  Why didn't the SNP do anything?

Edited by Kenneth840

On 13/07/2022 at 14:49, betting competition said:

Nice publicity stunt and one that gives awareness to those in the Independence campaign.

Neale Hanvey twitter retweeting stuff about how little the SNP did doesn't help the cause though. 

To describe it as a publicity stunt, when they were standing up for Scotland is pretty bad.  What will help the cause then? 

On 13/07/2022 at 17:24, doulikefish said:

The alba maddos are all currently outraged that the snpeee never voted to let them stay...I don't think they know how things work

https://twitter.com/GraceBrodie/status/1547195039771774976?t=0POFLgEz5Zi4eeC9ANpYkQ&s=19

Not sure YOU know how things work.  There are procedures for both MP and Speaker to follow. 

The Speaker did not follow procedure. 

On 13/07/2022 at 17:59, Ludo*1 said:

All they've done is made the Speaker look like a dribbling fucking moron which was already well known.

Pointless really, but good entertainment.

So it is pointless to put forward Scotland's case in the HOC then.  Are you becoming a Unionist?

Edited by Kenneth840

Just now, Kenneth840 said:

Not sure YOU know how things work.  There are procedures for both MP and Speaker to follow. 

The Speaker did not follow procedure. 

So it is pointless to put forward Scotland's case in the HOC then.  Are you becoming a Unionist?

Aw shut the f**k up.

Just because I don't agree with something that Alba have done doesn't mean I'm becoming a 'Unionist'. What a fucking moronic question to pose.

It's precisely this tribal shite that puts people off voting at all for either side.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Aw shut the f**k up.

Just because I don't agree with something that Alba have done doesn't mean I'm becoming a 'Unionist'.

It's ok Ludo, mate.  We're the nice guys of P&B.

Which ludge would you like me to recommend you for?

Edited by The_Kincardine

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Aw shut the f**k up.

Just because I don't agree with something that Alba have done doesn't mean I'm becoming a 'Unionist'. What a fucking moronic question to pose.

It's precisely this tribal shite that puts people off voting at all for either side.

No I won't stfu.  

Why was it bad that 2 Pro Independence MPs got kicked out of the HOC but OK for  the SNP not to back them up? 

We are supposed to be creating unity, but it very much seems one sided at the moment. 

(John Nicolson) for reference. 

Edited by Kenneth840

2 minutes ago, Kenneth840 said:

So it is pointless to put forward Scotland's case in the HOC then. 

It is if you do it in a way that nobody hears what they said so it can't be reported or broadcast. All we know is that a couple of MPs from an unelected Party threw a tantrum and got thrown out.

Aw shut the f**k up.
If yer no wan o us, ye must be wan o them.
Where have I heard that before?

24 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It is if you do it in a way that nobody hears what they said so it can't be reported or broadcast. All we know is that a couple of MPs from an unelected Party threw a tantrum and got thrown out.

It was a show of force, albeit a minority one, that could have done with a greater backing behind it by SNP MPs against a common enemy, so to speak.  The fact the SNP didn't back up the 2 Alba MPs when the Speaker of the HOC broke the Parliamentary procedure speaks wonders.  

For you to describe the fight for Scottish Independence in the parliament that is holding us back as a tantrum, well I think that says it all.  

11 minutes ago, Kenneth840 said:

It was a show of force, albeit a minority one, that could have done with a greater backing behind it by SNP MPs against a common enemy, so to speak.  The fact the SNP didn't back up the 2 Alba MPs when the Speaker of the HOC broke the Parliamentary procedure speaks wonders.  

For you to describe the fight for Scottish Independence in the parliament that is holding us back as a tantrum, well I think that says it all.  

All they achieved was delaying PMQs by a minute. Nobody knows why, or what their protest was about. Steve Bray shouting outside on the green has more tactical nous and effect.

Edited by welshbairn