Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, Kenneth840 said:

What are the SNP doing to advance Independence? 

What are the SNP doing to protect your civil service employment? 

When will the SNP act on their soundbites? 

When will the SNP stop mouthing off and actually do something?

When will the SNP stop being like New Labour? 

When will the SNP return to being the party of Independence?

When will the people of Scotland realise that the party of government we have voted for is corrupt?

I think you might actually be crying 😂

45 minutes ago, Kenneth840 said:

What are the SNP doing to advance Independence? 

What are the SNP doing to protect your civil service employment? 

When will the SNP act on their soundbites? 

When will the SNP stop mouthing off and actually do something?

When will the SNP stop being like New Labour? 

When will the SNP return to being the party of Independence?

When will the people of Scotland realise that the party of government we have voted for is corrupt?

There is a weird arrogance amongst Alba supporters who want to know what the SNP are doing to make them support independence. The answer is, obviously, nothing. The SNP's job is to turn more people toward independence. Not to cater to the weirdos who only want it if it means trans people have to share photos of their genitals to go swimming.

As shown clearly in the last two elections the SNP will be the biggest party no matter how many Alba fantasists refuse to vote for them and those same weirdo Alba supporters will vote Yes in an IndyRef anyway. The SNP, and the vast majority of the Indy campaign, don't want Alba supporters anywhere near them. Their votes will be useful in the referndum but will vote Yes anyway. I would say they are best ignored but, to be honest, they're best silenced because the pish they spout puts most undecided folk off independence. 

12 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

There is a weird arrogance amongst Alba supporters who want to know what the SNP are doing to make them support independence. The answer is, obviously, nothing. The SNP's job is to turn more people toward independence. Not to cater to the weirdos who only want it if it means trans people have to share photos of their genitals to go swimming.

As shown clearly in the last two elections the SNP will be the biggest party no matter how many Alba fantasists refuse to vote for them and those same weirdo Alba supporters will vote Yes in an IndyRef anyway. The SNP, and the vast majority of the Indy campaign, don't want Alba supporters anywhere near them. Their votes will be useful in the referndum but will vote Yes anyway. I would say they are best ignored but, to be honest, they're best silenced because the pish they spout puts most undecided folk off independence. 

No arrogance from this Alba voter my friend. You have brought up the gender thing again which has unnecessarily caused a split in the Indy movement.  Well done to Nicola Sturgeon for that, Alex Salmond wouldnt have been so stupid.  Makes me wonder, was it deliberate?

The SNPs job is to deliver INDEPENDENCE, regardless of sex.  It is for all of Scotland.  

The genital inspector pish is becoming tiresome.  Honestly who is going to inspect your genitalia. It all comes down to common sense, which we are lacking as a country.

2 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

The SNP, and the vast majority of the Indy campaign, don't want Alba supporters anywhere near them. Their votes will be useful in the referndum but will vote Yes anyway.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. There's been an awful lot of greeting-faced, "I don't even care about independence anymore" stuff coming from the angry UDI/genital folks lately. Thankfully, there aren't enough of them to make a lot of difference.

They will, however, put off a fair number of switherers when the press try to make them the secret face of independence.

5 hours ago, BFTD said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. There's been an awful lot of greeting-faced, "I don't even care about independence anymore" stuff coming from the angry UDI/genital folks lately. 

They'll still vote for it when the IndyRef happens. Crying into their big Tartan pillow when independence happens on terms that aren't their own

'Genital Inspectors' is a bizarre slur and doesn't make any sense.

I suppose SNP supporters need something to divert from their corrupt shenanigans though.  Looks like they're about to get away with the jiggery pokery regarding the 'ring-fenced' £600k.

Wings Over Scotland | Scotland is lost

They truly are the most corrupt party in living memory.  Far worse than the Tories.  The amount of scandal within that mob over the years has been beyond belief.

42 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Now, that's an example of Scottish cringe right there.

Shit like that is how these folk end up convincing themselves that, very reluctantly of course, Scotland just shouldn't be an independent country after all.

Maybe not too wee or poor, but clearly too stupid, as the general public don't agree with them on everything.

11 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

No, I mean 'about to get away with'.

This is a very interesting case.

Up until it died a natural death I was an occasional reader of WOS as I quite liked the journalistic skills of Stuart Campbell despite the fact that he could be quite irritating and obnoxious.

As a unionist I found it quite revealing and informative to read the views of the many disparate shades of nationalist opinion and I found the ‘socially conservative’ views of the Editor and most contributors to be quite akin to my own.

Indeed, I occasionally donated to their funds as a token of my appreciation.

Anyway, the matter of the £600k hypothecated fighting fund came up quite regularly and, as someone who, in a former life did some forensic accounting remits, decided to look into the matter.

The members were indeed invited to contribute to a fund specifically for the purposes of fighting indyref2 and £600k was raised. However, that money never appeared in the Accounts and, as I recall, the bank balances were only very small amounts at each of the relevant accounting year ends. Questions were asked of the CEO, Mr Murrell but the response was always that the funds were threaded throughout the various departments? The Honorary Treasurer resigned along with a number of Board members and WOS continued to ask questions and eventually succeeded in getting the police involved.

I had forgotten about this matter until it was brought up today.

There certainly are questions to be answered but it is obviously a matter for SNP members and not unionists like myself to take up.

20 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

This is a very interesting case.

Up until it died a natural death I was an occasional reader of WOS as I quite liked the journalistic skills of Stuart Campbell despite the fact that he could be quite irritating and obnoxious.

As a unionist I found it quite revealing and informative to read the views of the many disparate shades of nationalist opinion and I found the ‘socially conservative’ views of the Editor and most contributors to be quite akin to my own.

Indeed, I occasionally donated to their funds as a token of my appreciation.

Anyway, the matter of the £600k hypothecated fighting fund came up quite regularly and, as someone who, in a former life did some forensic accounting remits, decided to look into the matter.

The members were indeed invited to contribute to a fund specifically for the purposes of fighting indyref2 and £600k was raised. However, that money never appeared in the Accounts and, as I recall, the bank balances were only very small amounts at each of the relevant accounting year ends. Questions were asked of the CEO, Mr Murrell but the response was always that the funds were threaded throughout the various departments? The Honorary Treasurer resigned along with a number of Board members and WOS continued to ask questions and eventually succeeded in getting the police involved.

I had forgotten about this matter until it was brought up today.

There certainly are questions to be answered but it is obviously a matter for SNP members and not unionists like myself to take up.

Aye, his articles were interesting to read, with a wealth of information as to the internal goings on of the SNP, which as a Unionist I take seriously.  I was gutted when he announced retirement, but glad he still has the occasional piece.

His blog posts are usually very factual and I admire his methodological, forensic analysis, even if he gets it wrong at times.  He is spot on with his stance here IMO.

Lesley Riddoch is a good listen for campaign info, and it seems like it's non-existent these days.  A lot of Yes Groups have disbanded and the Radical Independence Campaign is no more.

Independence is a dead duck, and who wants a dead duck?  Not even it's mother; she just flies off, depressed.

Edited by Duries Air Freshener

The original fundraising does look a bit disingenuous from the SNP. But they were campaigning hard for a referendum at the time and the donation was clearly to them, so it's hard to see where any criminality has occurred. 

The later pledge to "freeze" funds looks like a panic reaction to realising that some donors thought they'd dontated to actually fight a referendum. Having already received the money though it's hard to see what the criminality could be here. It does make the party look dishonest. 

I suppose there is some mileage in a view that they'll have enough funds coming in from normal donations (c£5m pa) to cover half a million of a referendum campaign out of those donations and have a sort of ring fenced commitment to do that. 

That blog is very vague on details and the case for the prosecution ("some police think there may be a reason to interview") is as weak as piss. 

Maybe, to reach Tory levels of probity the SNP should start up a House of Lairds and start selling peerages to Non Doms for £2m a pop?