Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Start one.

That's a really stupid answer. If a very high profile pro independence politician can't make any headway then it's not likely an unknown person can start from nothing and gain any traction.

1 minute ago, Suspect Device said:

That's a really stupid answer. If a very high profile pro independence politician can't make any headway then it's not likely an unknown person can start from nothing and gain any traction.

It’s not a stupid answer.  Salmond was tainted and he is bitter, if you can’t do a better job than him you’re a real no hoper.

4 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Has anyone received “the Wee Alba book” through the door at all? It’s supposed to be a follow up to the wee blue book on the case for Scottish independence.

If I started getting Alba Party correspondence through the door unsolicited I'd probably just move tbh

17 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

You could try not making genital inspection your main policy difference with the SNP.

14 hours ago, strichener said:

Nothing like showing how authentically Scottish you are by speaking in Gaelic 🤔

I don't think speaking Gaelic makes anyone more or less Scottish but the only folk who seem to care about the "Scottishness" of other people are these blood and soil fruitloops who vote Alba. So when they start with their "housejock" patter replying in Gaelic really fucking winds them up.

18 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

The answer to the OP is no, no one is so it's probably appropriate to close this thread. Alba are dead, finished although to be fair they never ever really got started. The Sleepy Cuddle Party is no more.

But the memories will last a lifetime...

33 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Alba now have less councillors than the political heavyweights of the Rubbish Party & British Unionist Party.

I thought Alba was the rubbish party; I’ll pay more attention in future.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

When are they merging with those mental Family Party type losers?

I have a horrible feeling that we might not have heard the end of the Family Party. With the leaked finding from the US Supreme Court on Roe v Wade, I expect to see wads of American cash "finding its way" to these 'proper' family type organisations in the UK and elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I have a horrible feeling that we might not have heard the end of the Family Party. With the leaked finding from the US Supreme Court on Roe v Wade, I expect to see wads of American cash "finding its way" to these 'proper' family type organisations in the UK and elsewhere. 

Could be, but I think they'll remain a mental fringe party. There (thankfully) isn't the same insane fervour for fairy tale bible bullshit over here.

49 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Could be, but I think they'll remain a mental fringe party. There (thankfully) isn't the same insane fervour for fairy tale bible bullshit over here.

I hope you are correct but having a system where the Head of State, her heirs and successors hold office by the grace of a supernatural entity and are the heads of church kind of reflect  a certain level of an insane level of "fervour for fairy tale bible bullshit", even if it is only in the "establishment" - after all, that's where the power resides. The establishment bolsters the monarchy and the church and the monarchy and the church bolster the establishment. If I may stretch the expression a little - they are three cheeks of a horrible arse. 

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

5 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I hope you are correct but having a system where the Head of State, her heirs and successors hold office by the grace of a supernatural entity and are the heads of church kind of reflect  a certain level of an insane level of "fervour for fairy tale bible bullshit", even if it is only in the "establishment"

There is an argument, one that I tend to agree with on the most part, that an unelected, politically neutral head of state stops that kinda shite. You can ascribe power to an elected head of state who can manipulate their power or the legislature and fall back on a democratic mandate to push their will through. Even if the majority disagree with them. 

Unelected heads of state would be swiftly told to f**k off if they tried that shite.  

15 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I hope you are correct but having a system where the Head of State, her heirs and successors hold office by the grace of a supernatural entity and are the heads of church kind of reflect  a certain level of an insane level of "fervour for fairy tale bible bullshit", even if it is only in the "establishment" - after all, that's where the power resides. The establishment bolsters the monarchy and the church and the monarchy and the church bolster the establishment. If I may stretch the expression a little - they are three cheeks of a horrible arse. 

The religious fuckwittery of the royal family whilst bizarre and archaic is far more benign than anything that happens in the good old U.S. of A.

1 minute ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

There is an argument, one that I tend to agree with on the most part, that an unelected, politically neutral head of state stops that kinda shite. You can ascribe power to an elected head of state who can manipulate their power or the legislature and fall back on a democratic mandate to push their will through. Even if the majority disagree with them. 

Unelected heads of state would be swiftly told to f**k off if they tried that shite.  

I agree to an extent, but I'd prefer it if the head of state held office by a democratic route, as opposed to who his or her parents had sex with, and, along with their siblings, their order of springing from the womb as a fully qualified head of state, and who actually had the power to say "What? Prorogue Parliament? On yer bike, fannybaws".  As someone else pointed out somewhere, the First Minister of Scotland (elected) holds office 'at the pleasure' of the Monarch (unelected). Feck that and all who sail in it. 🙄

20 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

I still would like an alternative pro-independence party to vote for. Not the greens.

Me too but it would maybe just split the independence vote. I had no idea who the Alba councillor was for my ward but I gave him a vote anyway. The Tory got in. Kathleen Leslie from Kinghorn’s dad. Good luck to him.

7B580A9B-532A-4AFB-8D6D-3955BC515540.png

7 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I don't think speaking Gaelic makes anyone more or less Scottish but the only folk who seem to care about the "Scottishness" of other people are these blood and soil fruitloops who vote Alba. So when they start with their "housejock" patter replying in Gaelic really fucking winds them up.

Yeah, I am sure it would wind them up if they actually knew Gaelic but like 99% of the population I am sure they find it totally irrelevant much like they would if you spoke Polish to them.