Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

41 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

NS now into her 8th year. What are her achievements as FM? 

Nothing major comes to mind. I suppose if you’re a kid you’ve just been given free bus travel. That saves me a bit of money as my kids don’t have to pay for bus passes anymore.

I’m in the ‘see Nic the fish and become slightly annoyed/enraged’ camp, though. I’m sick of the sight of her.

Are Alba still a thing?

Wow!!
Devestating stuff.
Love to hear the response from GD and the SNP cultists.
It's pretty clear that the main reason we've ended up where we are is because ScotGov felt they were compelled to tender and that they wanted that tender to go to a Scottish firm with ships built in a Scottish shipyard.

If they had not stepped in and not got involved It's almost certain that the tender would have been won by a foreign firm with ships built outside Scotland.

You just know how the opposition would have reacted if that had happened - rocks and hard places comes to mind.

As someone who has followed this closely It's clear that the real issue is the one that has plagued many a government capital project - poor management, poor specification, lack of accountability - it's a complicated issue.

Whilst I think that ScotGov do need to shoulder the blame, particularly in their arms length approach to the management of the project, I think that the crocodile tears from certain elements of the opposition (SLAB in particular) are just sanctimonious shite of the first degree.

3 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Only if the contract had gone abroad.

If you'd read the article you would understand why that is the only way the Calmac fleet will ever get replaced in a cost effective manner and provide the islanders with a reliable service.Lack of investment by SNP has left an ageing fleet no longer fit for purpose.

If you'd read the article you would understand why that is the only way the Calmac fleet will ever get replaced in a cost effective manner and provide the islanders with a reliable service.Lack of investment by SNP has left an ageing fleet no longer fit for purpose.

I suspect we'd have had the same issues with a SLab ScotGov - the pressure was on at the time to award to a Scottish contractor and to build the ships in Scotland.

Labour wouldn't have done things differently despite the shite they are spouting now.

That's correct mate all political parties are there to serve themselves not the people.I don't know what the answer is but the political system is broken.Run by incompetent politicians only interested in votes and staying  in power.Thats why they gave the contract of those two ferries to a Scottish yard,for political reasons.

It's tragic that we have allowed our shipbuilding  heritage to come to this.

Edited by saint in exile

6 hours ago, saint in exile said:

That's correct mate all political parties are there to serve themselves not the people.I don't know what the answer is but the political system is broken.Run by incompetent politicians only interested in votes and staying  in power.Thats why they gave the contract of those two ferries to a Scottish yard,for political reasons.

It's tragic that we have allowed our shipbuilding  heritage to come to this.

“They’re all b*****ds!”

”Yeah, what are we going to do about it?”

”Hmm.  Ehh.  They’re all b*****ds!”

On 08/01/2022 at 14:04, invergowrie arab said:

Even if you only took the establishment of Social Security Scotland which delivered hundreds of thousands of Scots from the DWP it would be more than any Scottish Government had done before with devolution powers.

I'd rather we had universal basic income, to be honest.

Those devolved powers over social security really came in handy when the Scottish Government were able to negate the universal credit uplift being removed.  Oh, wait..  

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Analytica said:

I'd rather we had universal basic income, to be honest.

Those devolved powers over social security really came in handy when the Scottish Government were able to negate the universal credit uplift being removed.  Oh, wait..  

And it's still more than anything Salmond did to actually put the infrastructure of an independent nation in place. 

33 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

ftfy

While I'm skeptical that the SNP/Green coalition will make any serious attempts to bring about independence, because I believe that they've grown complacent, comfortable, cowardly and in some cases, rich, under the status quo of devolution, that doesn't mean that demands for independence will go away.  

If the current elected representatives of Scotland aren't up to the task, a future generation of Scots, who are willing to act with the necessary resolve and determination to see it through, will be.  

Britain is, by no means, "off the hook" in Scotland.  Look at the polls.  Your government are utterly terrified of the prospect of indyref2.  Hence, the completely undemocratic stance of "not now, not ever."