Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

what kind of stuff did the Rev post on football? OF or TA type stuff?

Think he had a couple of accounts but @Wings Over Scotland posted exclusively in BRALT and wasn't used to being called out for getting nearly everything wrong. I think his interest in Scottish football started and ended with the Sevco saga, and his ignorance showed. Had the same arrogance as his politics blogs though, so it was quite funny seeing him trying to squirm out of his gaffes.

P.S. He also misjudged Hillsborough very badly, putting 100% of the blame on the fans, I don't think he can have been to a packed out game before the days of all seaters.

Edited by welshbairn

39 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Yet the SNP have never polled better. Alba supporters seem to be of two types, neanderthals who feel bitter about being left behind as younger more progressive types make their way up the party hierarchy and twitter obsessives who want to play the populist culture wars. Thus 1.6%. 

The time hasn't arrived yet where the SNP will be rejected electorally by the Scottish people, à la New Labour, however it will come, because all political regimes eventually expire.  Cracks are showing.

I think that by the time of the next Holyrood election, when we are still not independent, a lot more of the 45% will be open to the idea of voting for a different pro-independence party than in 2021.  This is why the Wishartistas wish desperately that ALBA would dissolve.

Why do Alba supporters always just refer to SNP/Alba as the pro-indy options whilst ignoring The Green Party?

The Greens have 7 MSPs to Alba's 0, 17 councillors to Alba's 13, 8.1% of the vote to Alba's 1.7% in the last election, two MSP's in ministerial posts and, perhaps most importantly, can pronounce their own party name.

6 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Why do Alba supporters always just refer to SNP/Alba as the pro-indy options whilst ignoring The Green Party?

The Greens have 7 MSPs to Alba's 0, 17 councillors to Alba's 13, 8.1% of the vote to Alba's 1.7% in the last election, two MSP's in ministerial posts and, perhaps most importantly, can pronounce their own party name.

I think it’s because they are horrible horrible people.

Edited by Thorongil

3 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I think ye've mixed Alba and Greens up

image.png.eed69ca975aa15e47ad5fe7e9b2b464b.png

I am no great fan of Andy Wightman but what they have done to that man is beyond reprehensible. And they continue to do it, right up to and including yesterday while Harvie and Slater look on. 

That speaks to the overarching character of the party and they have a track record of similar conduct.

26 minutes ago, Ayrshire Analytica said:

The time hasn't arrived yet where the SNP will be rejected electorally by the Scottish people, à la New Labour, however it will come, because all political regimes eventually expire.  Cracks are showing.

I think that by the time of the next Holyrood election, when we are still not independent, a lot more of the 45% will be open to the idea of voting for a different pro-independence party than in 2021.  This is why the Wishartistas wish desperately that ALBA would dissolve.

Dearie me. 

You have to be either at it, or a complete nutcase at the sharp end of an extremely painful divorce. 

19 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I think you are all forgetting that Alba aren't there to oppose the SNP but to help by delivering a supermajority.

That's the line isnt it?

I think so, however I would imagine that in order to delivery a supermajority, that clown car collective would have needed to contribute an MSP or two. 

1.66% 😂

7 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Dearie me. 

You have to be either at it, or a complete nutcase at the sharp end of an extremely painful divorce. 

I think so, however I would imagine that in order to delivery a supermajority, that clown car collective would have needed to contribute an MSP or two. 

1.66% 😂

If Alba supporters genuinely cared about getting a supermajority they would give all their backing to the only two pro-independence parties with  any chance of delivering it and, therefore, the only two parties who can deliver independence. SNP and Greens.

But they don't. They spend all their time attacking those two parties and ignoring the unionist ones. Strange behaviour. 

If people didn't do SNP 1 and 2 in certain areas there would be an almost white wash of the unionist parties here in Scotland .

But I suppose the bad publicity around Alex didn't help .

The smearing sticks even though the Scottish courts came to a verdict of not guilty .

12 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I think you are all forgetting that Alba aren't there to oppose the SNP but to help by delivering a supermajority.

That's the line isnt it?

It was.  However, the SNP rejected the concept of Scotland electing as many independence supporting MSPs as possible and the decision benefited no-one except unionists.

9 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

The Gaelic and Scots pronunciations are both acceptable.

33 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

😂

What other option do we have of getting independence away from that self serving thieving Tories .

They have been taking the pea out of the Scottish people and been getting away with it for decades fk the union.

25 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

I am no great fan of Andy Wightman but what they have done to that man is beyond reprehensible. And they continue to do it, right up to and including yesterday while Harvie and Slater look on. 

That speaks to the overarching character of the party and they have a track record of similar conduct.

By up to and including yesterday do you mean a couple of young activists laughing at him because he hasn't been working? 

19 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Kind of.

How incredibly thin-skinned lol. While distasteful (and very unwise to do so on twitter where the ghouls of Scottish political discourse can pretend to be desperately offended about it) it's pretty understandable why activists from a party he left and then publicly attempted to throw under the bus would be a bit smug about his career not progressing as he'd have liked. 

Given a senior figure in the party of which you recently stated you are a member deliberately misinterpreted (tbf he is also extremely thick so could be that) an opposing party's representative to portray them as a paedophile sympathiser in the past few days, I'd suggest you get your own house in order first before worrying about other parties being insufficiently kind online. 

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

I'm not here to "explain" anything to you. 
You'll probably be posting this same kind of drivel four years from now, with the cause of independence still no further advanced by the Scottish Government.  But hey, you don't really care about that. 
Just keep posting the tears of joy emoji and screaming bigot at people, while your party hemorrhages its membership.  That's the plan, isn't it?
So no explanation then?

I am a member of Alba due to my support for Alex Salmond and belief in independence. I had been a member of the SNP for 15 years prior to joining Alba. 
I do however keep my membership under review because much of the criticism of Alba is valid. The likes of McEleny and Arthur are absolute liabilities. 
To become a real credible party a lot of work needs to be done.
There genuinely is room for an second independence party - one on the centre right - but that isn't Alba.