Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

The Alba launch will never be surpassed on the “Scottish cringe” front. That was outstanding entertainment.

It was dreadful. Whoever Ok’d that should be barred from politics forever and have ‘bellend’ forcibly tattooed on his forehead. Angus MacFadyen doing the Braveheart narrator thing and folk running about with flags would obviously appeal to some, but it’s a niche market.

I did like Salmond as FM. Like Boris, he understood that punters like to see things happening. New Forth Road Bridge, Dualling the A9, and of course the Indy Ref.

At the moment, and since Nicola took charge Scottish politics has been the very definition of ‘meh’. All about ‘stop Brexit’, Covid and various killed at birth Indyref2 announcements. Nicola is a decent enough FM but what is her legacy?

10 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

It was dreadful. Whoever Ok’d that should be barred from politics forever and have ‘bellend’ forcibly tattooed on his forehead. Angus MacFadyen doing the Braveheart narrator thing and folk running about with flags would obviously appeal to some, but it’s a niche market.

I did like Salmond as FM. Like Boris, he understood that punters like to see things happening. New Forth Road Bridge, Dualling the A9, and of course the Indy Ref.

At the moment, and since Nicola took charge Scottish politics has been the very definition of ‘meh’. All about ‘stop Brexit’, Covid and various killed at birth Indyref2 announcements. Nicola is a decent enough FM but what is her legacy?

I agree she has no legacy to speak of but I think she’s been a poor FM. She was an outstanding Health Minister but she has done nothing as FM whatsoever to take the country forward. 

Healthcare and Education have actually declined and Justice is an absolute mess. She walked away from Named Persons. Failed to deliver on R100 broadband scheme and can’t even get a few ferries built. 

She has been an abject disappointment as FM but those emotionally invested in her will never face up to any of this.

She’s also de-democratised the SNP. 

7 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

I agree she has no legacy to speak of but I think she’s been a poor FM. She was an outstanding Health Minister but she has done nothing as FM whatsoever to take the country forward. 

Healthcare and Education have actually declined and Justice is an absolute mess. She walked away from Named Persons. Failed to deliver on R100 broadband scheme and can’t even get a few ferries built. 

She has been an abject disappointment as FM but those emotionally invested in her will never face up to any of this.

She’s also de-democratised the SNP. 

She is lucky in that the FMs previous to Salmond were also glorified council leaders. She’s done nothing of note but she comes across as reasonably competent during FM questions. 

While the reaction to a sexual health survey for teenagers (intending to better understand services in sexual health and abuse protections required by children, which any right thinking society would of course understand as necessary) has been predictably nuts from the country that despite the protestations of the "we're just more progressive than the English" numpties is a socially conservative basket case, the gold medal for making a spectacle of yourself as always goes to big Denise. Well done hen!!

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

5 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

While the reaction to a sexual health survey for teenagers (intending to better understand services in sexual health and abuse protections required by children, which any right thinking society would of course understand as necessary) has been predictably nuts from the country that despite the protestations of the "we're just more progressive than the English" numpties is a socially conservative basket case, the gold medal for making a spectacle of yourself as always goes to big Denise. Well done hen!!

I have had a great day. I cancelled my DC Thomsons subscription over this and was delighted when they phoned to ask why and I was able to deploy the phrase ignorant moralising. 

20 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Poor Denise, anal sex is fabulous and can give you the next orgasm. 

20 minutes ago, 101 said:

They also don't appear to want gay or bi sexual men to be educated on how to have safe anal sex, honestly there are so many people in Scotland that want to take us back to the dark ages.

Where the sun don't shine?

8 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Think knowing about being non-binary would've been cool as a wean or a teenager imho

It's certainly better than leaving kids to hear about these things in the playground, which they absolutely will, and trying to work out what the craic is by themselves.

That disingenuous bollocks about "confusing" kids translates to, "we've already told our kids that this stuff is sick and wrong, and don't want to have to deal with the questions when they're presented with something different".