Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fucking hell, not this again.

Salmond is a creep. He has not been found guilty of anything. Those two sentences do not contradict each other.

Sturgeon was likewise cleared of any wrongdoing by the independent report, so I’m quite comfortable with that. That’s not to say she hasn’t done anything wrong and/or dodgy, but that whatever she’s done didn’t breach the ministerial code.

Edit: even if Salmond is completely innocent of any wrongdoing at all (not just criminality), the Alba Party is packed with complete crackpots who normal people would never, ever vote for anyway.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

Cherry wanting to build cross-party support with a tiny minority sect of losers is obvs less about what it says on the tin and more her trying to differentiate herself from the dominant wing of the party. The SNP are a shite party but it’s good to be reminded they could be much worse.

23 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

As far as I know the apology was never denied in court, or challenged. That was the case that was found Not Proven.

How would you know that it was not denied in court? The defence case was not covered by the media. I would suggest to you that it WAS denied in court, as the allegation was. Otherwise, what would this supposed apology have been for. 

Pretty sure you are conflating Woman F’s allegation with something completely different. Given the acquittal, Woman F’s complaint must be set aside with regard to this debate. Not Proven is an acquittal. 

33 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Fucking hell, not this again.

Salmond is a creep. He has not been found guilty of anything. Those two sentences do not contradict each other.

Sturgeon was likewise cleared of any wrongdoing by the independent report, so I’m quite comfortable with that. That’s not to say she hasn’t done anything wrong and/or dodgy, but that whatever she’s done didn’t breach the ministerial code.

Edit: even if Salmond is completely innocent of any wrongdoing at all (not just criminality), the Alba Party is packed with complete crackpots who normal people would never, ever vote for anyway.

How come Alba’s zoomers are bad but SNP zoomers such as Pete Wishart and Kirsty Blackman are acceptable to you?

3 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

I would suggest to you that it WAS denied in court, as the allegation was. Otherwise, what would this supposed apology have been for. 

Behaving badly, but not to a criminal degree.

1 minute ago, Thorongil said:

How come Alba’s zoomers are bad but SNP zoomers such as Pete Wishart and Kirsty Blackman are acceptable to you?

I vote for the Greens.

Edit: also, the SNP have some non-zoomers, while Alba don’t. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I vote for the Greens.

Edit: also, the SNP have some non-zoomers, while Alba don’t. 

The Greens have some zoomers, don’t they? 

Green zoomers = fine

SNP zoomers = fine

Alba zoomers = bad

Can you point me to an example of you criticising an SNP or Green zoomer? 

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

We'll never agree on the facts. That much has been clear so no point going over them again.

I still think Salmond is a creepy b*****d and Sturgeon is a lying b*****d yet I still vote for independence despite disliking and mistrustign the main players.

It gets even worse when you go down to the lower levels because all I see are incompetents (Swinney/Yousaf) or a God botherer (Forbes).

Re your comment about Forbes, is that just casual bigotry?

6 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

The Greens have some zoomers, don’t they? 

Green zoomers = fine

SNP zoomers = fine

Alba zoomers = bad

Can you point me to an example of you criticising an SNP or Green zoomer? 

No, they don’t. Everyone who thinks like me is right and cool.

Have a look if you fancy, but you’ll certainly find examples of me having a go at Joanna Cherry.

8 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Got some evidence that the apology  you are referring to was not denied? 

Salmond said a civil servant approached him about a “sensitive” matter soon afterwards.

He said it was about Woman F and an incident at Bute House.

Salmond said he apologised to the Woman F on the same day, he believed.

He said he apologised for putting her in an “embarrassing position and that wasn’t right”.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/alex-salmond-denies-intent-rape-21707643

Not looking to get involved in NS v AS debate, it really has been done to death.

However, I’m genuinely curious, has the Alba Party released their position yet?? There does seem to be a mix of Left & Centre Right Wingers in the mix.

Is the goal 1 thing and 1 thing only, or are they looking at policy from a certain angle?? I would be interested to know.

4 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Ah, so your position isn’t one of good faith. Ok.

Aye, that must be it.

I put across my view that Alba are full of, exclusively, crackpots, to which you said “well how come you find the SNP zoomers acceptable then?”

You’ve since just asked me to defend a position which I haven’t, at any point, expressed. 

It’s definitely me arguing in bad faith here. 

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Not sure how that is damning against Salmond. Had a near liaison with a colleague, didn’t, apologised informally for his part in it and the matter was ended. Just a normal human interaction.

Until it was turned into a rape allegation years later, tested in court and rejected. 

7 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Aye, that must be it.

I put across my view that Alba are full of, exclusively, crackpots, to which you said “well how come you find the SNP zoomers acceptable then?”

You’ve since just asked me to defend a position which I haven’t, at any point, expressed. 

It’s definitely me arguing in bad faith here. 

Well, are crackpots good or bad?

3 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Not sure how that is damning against Salmond. Had a near liaison with a colleague, didn’t, apologised informally for his part in it and the matter was ended. Just a normal human interaction.

Until it was turned into a rape allegation years later, tested in court and rejected. 

I'll take that as a "Yes, welshbairn, you were right, I was talking out of my arse." :)

Informal you say?

Salmond said a civil servant approached him about a “sensitive” matter soon afterwards.

He said it was about Woman F and an incident at Bute House.

Edited by welshbairn