Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If she's a Queen's Counsel (QC) then she's an advocate (although solicitor advocates can become QCs)

Cherry was a lawyer with Brodie's before becoming an advocate. I don't tend to mix with the wiggy twats up the Big House so can't say if she was any good or not.

Brodie's handled the affairs of the descendants of the Usher brewing dynasty who were in the modern parlance, Adults with Incapacity. A distant relative and loonball, Stuart Usher, thought he should have inherited millions of pounds and accused Brodie's of ripping the money off. He started Scotland against Crooked Lawyers with another loonball. They used to produce amusing leaflets naming crooked lawyers but whether Cherry was ever named in one I couldn't tell you 

9 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

She was, I believe, found negligent by the Law Society regarding the handling of a clients affairs.

8 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

No idea about anything to do with this but can now safely assume the opposite very much likely to be the case. 

8 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

In the interests of fairness the complaint against her was not upheld by the Law Society.

Easily found but as I did have some dealings with the law firm I do know that she was not held in high regard.

and there you have it. 

And as for the subsequent claim, well you can probably safely file that in the Walter Mitty bin also. 

10 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

There was some shite about a misconduct investigation at the end of her career but she was cleared. Much like she was cleared of any wrongdoing (except having a really shit memory) recently.

Salmond was cleared of wrongdoing but that doesn’t matter to the Sturgeonites. So nudge nudge wink wink Sturgeons lawyering abilities. 

Edited by Thorongil

8 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Easily found but as I did have some dealings with the law firm I do know that she was not held in high regard.

😂

No, you didn't. 

4 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Salmond was cleared of wrongdoing but that doesn’t matter to the Sturgeonites. So nudge nudge wink wink Sturgeons lawyering abilities. 

1.66% 😂

30 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Found not guilty and not proven of doing anything illegal.

Wrongdoing is a bit more vague.

You know my views on Salmond. 😉

2 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Found not guilty and not proven of doing anything illegal.

Wrongdoing is a bit more vague.

You know my views on Salmond. 😉

Being acquitted in court is being cleared of wrongdoing. Sturgeon “clearance” of wrongdoing is somewhat more vague. 

I do know your views on Salmond and they have no factual basis.

8 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Being acquitted in court is being cleared of wrongdoing. Sturgeon “clearance” of wrongdoing is somewhat more vague. 

Interesting*

Sturgeon wasn't even in Court to be acquitted. The only actual independent enquiry cleared her of breaching the ministerial code. Salmond was indeed not convicted of anything. There is however little doubt that he was (and probably still is) somewhat of a lech. And that's your hero 😂

* I lied, you're a moronic AlbaDa and there is literally nothing interesting in your utter drivel 

11 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Interesting*

Sturgeon wasn't even in Court to be acquitted. The only actual independent enquiry cleared her of breaching the ministerial code. Salmond was indeed not convicted of anything. There is however little doubt that he was (and probably still is) somewhat of a lech. And that's your hero 😂

* I lied, you're a moronic AlbaDa and there is literally nothing interesting in your utter drivel 

Is this how you engage in discussion? Can only assume you are quite immature. 

Salmond’s acquittal and exoneration must have been a really sore one. 

And you are right. Sturgeon was not acquitted by a court and hence doubt remains as regard to her conduct.

28 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

We'll never agree on the facts. That much has been clear so no point going over them again.

I still think Salmond is a creepy b*****d and Sturgeon is a lying b*****d yet I still vote for independence despite disliking and mistrustign the main players.

It gets even worse when you go down to the lower levels because all I see are incompetents (Swinney/Yousaf) or a God botherer (Forbes).

4 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

And you are right. Sturgeon was not acquitted by a court and hence doubt remains as regard to her conduct.

You think there's no doubt about Salmond's conduct. Even from his own QC?

11 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

You're clearly at it, or simply mental.

You probably believe the entirety of Scottish Football is engaged in some decades-long dark plot against your football team as well. 

Enjoy your continued howling at the moon 😂

4 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

You think there's no doubt about Salmond's conduct. Even from his own QC?

I think that what tiny scrap of public domain evidence there is for “wrongdoing” (highly subjective) gets heavily inflated whereas the mountain of evidence against Sturgeon’s integrity and character is minimised. 

If we are talking about non judicial matters (as these have been settled) then the case against Sturgeon with regard to her conduct is much more severe and compelling. 

Salmond gets lambasted and smeared while Sturgeon gets an absolute free pass.

1 minute ago, Thorongil said:

I think that what tiny scrap of public domain evidence there is for “wrongdoing” (highly subjective) gets heavily inflated whereas the mountain of evidence against Sturgeon’s integrity and character is minimised. 

If we are talking about non judicial matters (as these have been settled) then the case against Sturgeon with regard to her conduct is much more severe and compelling. 

Salmond gets lambasted and smeared(1) while Sturgeon gets an absolute free pass.(2)

(1) Agree

(2) Totally disagree.

58 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

(1) Agree

(2) Totally disagree.

Day At The Lords gives Sturgeon an absolute free pass no matter what, whereas Salmond is smeared as a lech, beast, rapist etc by those of a certain mindset whenever his name is mentioned, despite being completely cleared and exonerated by the legal system.

Edited by Thorongil

12 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Day At The Lords gives Sturgeon an absolute free pass no matter what, whereas Salmond is smeared as a lech, beast, rapist etc by those of a certain mindset whenever his name is mentioned, despite being completely cleared and exonerated by the legal system.

Why did he make an official apology to one of his accusers then?