Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

I note that in the pages that followed this you didn't (and still haven't) addressed the self-important bit. 

I want Scotland to be independent. I'm not going to vote for the SNP or Greens in upcoming elections because of vaccine passports. The other major parties are all opposed to independence, so they're getting my vote either. There's nowhere relevant for my vote to go, and a fringe group of cranks, lunatics and people bearing out online grudges and hysteria for a living aren't getting it either. 

As someone pointed out earlier, for independence to become a reality you need to convince the soft no and the undecided vote. Alex Salmond and his even more repulsive hangers-on is not going to do this. Try focusing on that rather than painting yourself as a martyr for things that aren't as big a problem as you try to say they are. 

If you’re not going to vote for either party who have a realistic of delivering Independence maybe you shouldn’t preach to others about ‘realities’.

6 hours ago, Thorongil said:

This is what I mean. You’ll prevaricate tribally in favour of one side or the other, even when the behaviour is the same. 

Not good faith IMO. 

Robertson has toned things down in the last 6 months but her conduct prior to that was often abysmal. 

It's not tribal. 

Angus MacNeil is still with us. He is a stupid b*****d and I call out his shit all the time.

By and large the worst have moved on though.

You might not like Rhiannon Spears' politics but do you think anyone outside of the Scotpol twitter bubble knows who she is, is she actively harming the independence movement?

Salmond is 

15 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

You might not like Rhiannon Spears' politics but do you think anyone outside of the Scotpol twitter bubble knows who she is, is she actively harming the independence movement

Rhiannon & her coterie cost the SNP both my own and my partners list votes due to the undemocratic way they pochled the SNP list candidate list. For the first time in my life, I voted for another party (Green) when an SNP candidate was standing. 

3 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

It's not tribal. 

Angus MacNeil is still with us. He is a stupid b*****d and I call out his shit all the time.

By and large the worst have moved on though.

You might not like Rhiannon Spears' politics but do you think anyone outside of the Scotpol twitter bubble knows who she is, is she actively harming the independence movement?

Salmond is 

I don’t think either are harming the independence movement. Look at the polls. 

I do think though that before the pandemic Sturgeon made a lot of strategic errors and has been too timid when it comes to independence. 

The who is and who isn’t a zoomed thing is a sideshow for political anoraks. McNeill is also a bit of a zoomer and like Wishart and others should probably be disciplined by the party for how they conduct themselves on the internet. 

There are zoomers on the Alba side tonight making snide comments about Jeff Dugdale. Womenwontwheest type people. 

Your Spears and Robertsons and Womenwontwheest type people are extremes, who are legends in their own lunchtimes on Twitter. The general public isn’t aware or interested. 

David Paisley is a scumbag and a moron. So is the Marion Millar woman. They are no different and no better; I can criticise both. 

I hope Millar gets convicted. Craig Murray deserved to be convicted as well. Even though I often sympathise to varying degrees with what they respectively are saying. 

I guess what I’m saying is that it is unfair to dismiss completely Alba as zoomers when you are not willing to do the same with the SNP.

Edited by Thorongil

3 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Rhiannon & her coterie cost the SNP both my own and my partners list votes due to the undemocratic way they pochled the SNP list candidate list. For the first time in my life, I voted for another party (Green) when an SNP candidate was standing. 

So did nothing to damage the independence cause then and on a subject of interest to no one who isn't up on internal SNP procedures.

27 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

So did nothing to damage the independence cause then and on a subject of interest to no one who isn't up on internal SNP procedures.

I have, and always will vote for independence supporting parties. However, the SNP's internal procedures and the ridiculous 'both votes SNP' strategy may cost independence supporting parties a majority under the Holyrood electoral system in the future.

But yeah, you should continue to vote for one party, even though they won't win f**k all list seats. That allows ar*eholes like Andrew Neil to claim that there's no Indy majority.

Personally, my vote is now up for grabs for any party that supports independence and has a reasonable chance of winning a seat under the electoral system in place at the election in question. 

I'm still an SNP member, but my vote for them will never be guaranteed under the current direction of travel.

7 hours ago, Thorongil said:

I don’t think either are harming the independence movement. Look at the polls. 

I do think though that before the pandemic Sturgeon made a lot of strategic errors and has been too timid when it comes to independence. 

The who is and who isn’t a zoomed thing is a sideshow for political anoraks. McNeill is also a bit of a zoomer and like Wishart and others should probably be disciplined by the party for how they conduct themselves on the internet. 

There are zoomers on the Alba side tonight making snide comments about Jeff Dugdale. Womenwontwheest type people. 

Your Spears and Robertsons and Womenwontwheest type people are extremes, who are legends in their own lunchtimes on Twitter. The general public isn’t aware or interested. 

David Paisley is a scumbag and a moron. So is the Marion Millar woman. They are no different and no better; I can criticise both. 

I hope Millar gets convicted. Craig Murray deserved to be convicted as well. Even though I often sympathise to varying degrees with what they respectively are saying. 

I guess what I’m saying is that it is unfair to dismiss completely Alba as zoomers when you are not willing to do the same with the SNP.

SNP has its fair share of roasters and zoomers thats for sure, anyone denying that is just incapable of free thought. At moment though they come across as clearly the best party for running domestic matters in Scotland but it seems to me a lot of that is just based on how appalling all the other parties are. For a party like labour. Their ineptitude and lack of doing anything in terms of sitting on their arse and expecting to win finally caught up with them over the years.

Thats probably something the SNP needs to ensure doesnt happen for them in future as that seems the only way currently they could lose their top billing before Indy occurs. That the longer they are in power and the longer their lack of substance at times and their poor governance starts to show and builds up, they could find themselves losing votes as people turn on whos in power and whos supposed to be delivering their day to day situation. If Indy is delivered before then its a mute point though.

Edited by BigDoddyKane

While the idea of a credible alternative indy party is attractive, Alba is not it and they are to Scottish Politics what GB News is to current affairs broadcasting, although it looks like they'll be longer lived.

And while Salmond is undoubtedly still a personality I do find it odd that a party polling 0.0% gets so much airtime

11 hours ago, Thorongil said:

It depends. If I genuinely think Alba is full of nutcases (as in they have more nutcases than normal folk associated with them) but I think the SNP have a few nutcases but are largely alright, then it's not "unfair" to say so. It's just a reflection of what I think.

Half the country vote SNP and even though they tend to be the 'good guy' half, of course there are still bam pots in there. Who on Earth would think any different? What folk are saying is that Alba is basically a party of the bam pots, by the bam pots, for the bam pots.

11 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

I just hope Alba survives long enough for Joanna Cherry to inevitably f**k off and join them.

She’s too clever to do that and has too much to lose.  I can see her being a MAJOR negative force at the time of IndyRef2.

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Fide said:

Hiya 👋

41 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Where the fekk have you been hiding?

Just what I was thinking. Welcome back, lad. I'm perversely enjoying being in the second tier, what with winning a few and looking good while doing it. Like the yo-yo years back in the 70's/80's. Well, one of the good seasons,anyway.