Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 hours ago, Burning Barns said:

I think it's worth noting that it's the same SNP members or supporters who are always on this thread posting their smears.  They obviously perceive Alba as some kind of threat, because otherwise it'd simply be ignored.

Don't think you know how P&B works. The Ayr United thread was swarming with Morton fans all summer long and it had nothing to do with Ayr United being a threat. 

Alex Salmond = David Hopkin
Chris McEleney = Sean McGinty

I can see two sides to Alba. It has some real roasters but also some good people who have been inside the SNP and don’t like what they see. I think that’s ok.

The tit for tat sniping between Alba and the SNP is two sided. Roasters like Pete Wishart and Stewart McDonald are a complete embarrassment. SNP hard core seem to be happy enough to acknowledge bad behaviour by Alba people but are happy to support the likes of Wishart and McDonald unconditionally.

When I joined the SNP in 2006 it was a great place to be. Collegiate, kind and dissent was accepted. It helped to shape arguments. I stepped away a few years ago because all I saw was infighting, mostly caused by entryists like Rhiannon Spear, Fiona Robertson and people like that.

I hope to see both parties become the best versions of themselves and do well.

If it comes down to it in the future and Sturgeon is still in place, I will vote Alba. I prefer Salmond to her by a considerable distance. Having been in the party for almost 15 years I largely distrust Sturgeon.

I guess that will make me bad in the eyes of many, but it’s my genuine view based on what I’ve observed.

Aye, they’ll be a thing until Alex Salmond decides he doesn’t fancy it anymore. Without his personality to hold them together, they’ll fall apart - it’s no like Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh or Chris McEleny are the reason these Twitter weirdos got all excited.

Once he goes, it’ll be like UKIP after Farage left - a small group of nobodies spouting ever more insane things while no one pays attention. 

17 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

I would say that’s fair for most of them. 

But how come the SNP Twitter nutters escape criticism? 

They all joined Alba.

I'm constantly relieved when knocking on doors about the level of social media illiteracy amongst the voting population.

17 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

But how come the SNP Twitter nutters escape criticism? 

Do they? I assumed everyone was aware that the SNP has a fringe of lunatics supporting the party. It would appear though that a large number of them bailed, and set up camp over at Alba. 

38 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

They all joined Alba.

I'm constantly relieved when knocking on doors about the level of social media illiteracy amongst the voting population.

You don’t think Pete Wishart, Stuart McDonald, Rhiannon Spear, Fiona Robertson etc are nutters?

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Aye, they’ll be a thing until Alex Salmond decides he doesn’t fancy it anymore. Without his personality to hold them together, they’ll fall apart - it’s no like Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh or Chris McEleny are the reason these Twitter weirdos got all excited.

Once he goes, it’ll be like UKIP after Farage left - a small group of nobodies spouting ever more insane things while no one pays attention. 

Does that mean Tasmina will have to find a fifth political party to join?

56 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

You don’t think Pete Wishart, Stuart McDonald, Rhiannon Spear, Fiona Robertson etc are nutters?

Do i think 3 out of 4 are a pain in the arse? Yes - I don't mind Fiona.

Do i think they are actively harmful to the  cause of independence and will put off persuadable people. No. And that puts them ahead of the Alba rabble for me.

18 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Do i think they are actively harmful to the  cause of independence and will put off persuadable people. No. And that puts them ahead of the Alba rabble for me.

This is what I mean. You’ll prevaricate tribally in favour of one side or the other, even when the behaviour is the same. 

Not good faith IMO. 

Robertson has toned things down in the last 6 months but her conduct prior to that was often abysmal. 

3 hours ago, Thorongil said:

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

You not getting Stuart & Stewart mixed up?

On 12/09/2021 at 22:04, Miguel Sanchez said:

Someone who's not a self-important sex pest, preferably. 

On 12/09/2021 at 22:53, Burning Barns said:

As you know, AS was cleared on all charges.  

Protecting the rights of Scottish women and girls is a key part of what Alba stand for.  The current party of government at Holyrood and their coalition partners, both have some issues, so to speak, when it comes to this.

I note that in the pages that followed this you didn't (and still haven't) addressed the self-important bit. 

I want Scotland to be independent. I'm not going to vote for the SNP or Greens in upcoming elections because of vaccine passports. The other major parties are all opposed to independence, so they're getting my vote either. There's nowhere relevant for my vote to go, and a fringe group of cranks, lunatics and people bearing out online grudges and hysteria for a living aren't getting it either. 

As someone pointed out earlier, for independence to become a reality you need to convince the soft no and the undecided vote. Alex Salmond and his even more repulsive hangers-on is not going to do this. Try focusing on that rather than painting yourself as a martyr for things that aren't as big a problem as you try to say they are.