Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Currently polling at 0%, with a sex pest leader, the Bath Incel doing the manifesto and the membership mostly made up of twitter based moon howling bigots.

They're a great help to the Independence movement right enough.

44,913 votes and currently polling at 0% yet given disproportionate levels of media coverage while they manufacture a culture war around an issue the public broadly either isn't interested in or is against your POV is the clearest indicator of an Op there is. If you're an Alba member and aren't being paid by the UK intelligence services then you've got sewage openly flowing into your brain.

7 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

44,913 votes and currently polling at 0% yet given disproportionate levels of media coverage while they manufacture a culture war around an issue the public broadly either isn't interested in or is against your POV is the clearest indicator of an Op there is. If you're an Alba member and aren't being paid by the UK intelligence services then you've got sewage openly flowing into your brain.

The most visible group of Alba guys during the last election were placard on side of campervan guys, but the awful 80s/90s ones not cool 60s campervans or #VanLife refurbs, so this definitely tracks

It's clear to see the same posters are intent on regurgitating the same old, completely partisan, "Alba-Bad" tropes they were throwing about six months ago during the election.  It's a simple smear campaign.

I'd urge anyone with a genuine interest in the party to do some research yourself and take what you read about Alba online, especially from intensely hostile sources on social media sites like those on this, with a pinch of salt.  

For what it's worth, Alba got nearly double the votes this year that the SSP did in their first election.  In their second one, they got five MSPs.

13 minutes ago, Burning Barns said:

For what it's worth, Alba got nearly double the votes this year that the SSP did in their first election.  In their second one, they got five MSPs.

This is wrong/a lie. In 1999, the SSP got 46,000ish list votes, Alba managed 44,000ish.

Edit: if we want to compare constituency vote numbers, then the SSP got 23,654 in 1999. That’s roughly 23,654 more than Alba got.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

12 hours ago, Burning Barns said:

Stories like this one for example, are why some people, mainly women, feel there is a conflict of interest between the concept of self-ID and the rights they are entitled to.  

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/north-lanarkshire-council-accused-of-callous-decision-to-withdraw-funding-for-womens-aid-services-3147513

The majority of women support trans rights and self ID https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2020/07/09/trans-self-identify-liz-truss-gender-recognition-act-yougov-polling-women-dawn-butler/

The majority of men are against it.

This is not a mainly women thing at all. The Alba Party is full of men hiding behind "women's rights" and highlighting a minority of women in order to defend their transphobia. Seeing Chris McEleney going on about women's rights whilst being anti-choice on abortion and celebrating Morton signing a sex offender shows he doesn't give a monkey's about women's rights. He just finds trans people icky. Salmond suddenly caring about women after years of behaviour he publicly admitted was wrong doesn't wash with me either. 

28 minutes ago, Burning Barns said:

It's clear to see the same posters are intent on regurgitating the same old, completely partisan, "Alba-Bad" tropes they were throwing about six months ago during the election.  It's a simple smear campaign.

I'd urge anyone with a genuine interest in the party to do some research yourself and take what you read about Alba online, especially from intensely hostile sources on social media sites like those on this, with a pinch of salt.  

This is my favourite bit about the alba types...they spend there whole life giving out abuse then as soon as anybody says anything about them....it's waaaaaaahhhhhhhhh why can't we all just get along

Then continue to abuse everybody else on twitter 

1 hour ago, Burning Barns said:

Alba are bad mate 

HtH

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

This is wrong/a lie. In 1999, the SSP got 46,000ish list votes, Alba managed 44,000ish.

Edit: if we want to compare constituency vote numbers, then the SSP got 23,654 in 1999. That’s roughly 23,654 more than Alba got.

You're correct, my mistake, but I still think the comparison is a fair one.  

Hopefully, Alba will make their electoral breakthrough at the next Holyrood election.  I fully expect that by then, we still won't have been provided with any mechanism to become an independent country by the current Scottish Government and frustration at this situation will only grow.

I think it's worth noting that it's the same SNP members or supporters who are always on this thread posting their smears.  They obviously perceive Alba as some kind of threat, because otherwise it'd simply be ignored.

I guess there wasn't much to talk about when it comes to the ever so invigorating and superbly attended online SNP conference at the weekend.  

You're correct, my mistake, but I still think the comparison is a fair one.  
Hopefully, Alba will make their electoral breakthrough at the next Holyrood election.  I fully expect that by then, we still won't have been provided with any mechanism to become an independent country by the current Scottish Government and frustration at this situation will only grow.
I think it's worth noting that it's the same SNP members or supporters who are always on this thread posting their smears.  They obviously perceive Alba as some kind of threat, because otherwise it'd simply be ignored.
I guess there wasn't much to talk about when it comes to the ever so invigorating and superbly attended online SNP conference at the weekend.  

How do you know how many of us are ignoring the "threat", if we're ignoring it?

22 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:

How do you know how many of us are ignoring the "threat", if we're ignoring it?

I wouldn't know, but there are probably SNP supporters on here who haven't engaged with this thread at all, but many of those who have, only do so to slander Alba and fellow nationalists.

They wouldn't be doing this, if they didn't perceive Alba as a threat to their own party.  All the bluster, insults and pretentiousness, it's just party politics to them.

Meanwhile, the independence movement gets nowhere.

I wouldn't know, but there are probably SNP supporters on here who haven't engaged with this thread at all, but many of those who have, only do so to slander Alba and fellow nationalists.
They wouldn't be doing this, if they didn't perceive Alba as a threat to their own party.  All the bluster, insults and pretentiousness, it's just party politics to them.

Slander?

Jesus fucking wept.

44 minutes ago, Burning Barns said:

😂😂😂

This is superb content. 

1.66%

I'm aware that this thread was set up specifically for trolls to trash Alba during the Holyrood election, so I expect no less than the kind of posts that are on it.  I've always tried to provide some balance, but it's essentially an echo chamber of carbon copy posts from totally biased individuals, taking it in turns to upvote each other.  

It's interesting that the last post on the joint SNP/Green thread was four days ago.  Yet, they're on here instead.

I'm aware that this thread was set up specifically for trolls to trash Alba during the Holyrood election, so I expect no less than the kind of posts that are on it.  I've always tried to provide some balance, but it's essentially an echo chamber of carbon copy posts from totally biased individuals, taking it in turns to upvote each other.  
It's interesting that the last post on the joint SNP/Green thread was four days ago.  Yet, they're on here instead.
M8, you need to convince soft nos to vote yes.

Have a think

The nick of that [emoji23]

You want Alba to be taken seriously? OK perhaps start by explaining why that racist arsehole Alex Arthur not only wasn't immediately emptied, but allowed to remain a member whilst continually spewing out anti immigrant, misogynistic filth.

You can start from there.