Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

385 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

How is that ironic? Do tell.

It shows that a party with a leader with low approval ratings in Scotland, can still get a considerable amount of votes.  

It's possible that people who don't necessarily like Alex Salmond might still vote for Alba, if he's the party leader during the next Holyrood election, for example.  The circumstances we're in as country at that time will dictate that.  

3 minutes ago, Burning Barns said:

It shows that a party with a leader with low approval ratings in Scotland, can still get a considerable amount of votes.  

That's not ironic, it's fucking dumb. The Tories in Scotland have been distancing themselves from Westminster for decades. Salmond can't distance himself from himself.

6 minutes ago, Burning Barns said:

It's possible that people who don't necessarily like Alex Salmond might still vote for Alba,

Last poll was 0% so apparently not.

1 hour ago, Burning Barns said:

As you know, AS was cleared on all charges.  

Protecting the rights of Scottish women and girls is a key part of what Alba stand for.  The current party of government at Holyrood and their coalition partners, both have some issues, so to speak, when it comes to this.

You know you’re allowed to just say that you hate transgender people? I mean, that is what this utter nonsense means so just say it. 

7 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

That's not ironic, it's fucking dumb. The Tories in Scotland have been distancing themselves from Westminster for decades. Salmond can't distance himself from himself.

Last poll was 0% so apparently not.

No amount of "distancing themselves from Westminster" changes the fact that Boris Johnson is the leader of the Tory Party, an organisation based and lead from England.  Dross is, pretty much, a glorified Branch Convenor and does not lead an actual political party. 

The SNP wouldn't be what it is today, without Alex Salmond.  Neither would the cause of independence.  We are where are, politically in Scotland, largely because of his tenure, and the selfishness and stupidity of the British regime since the indyref.  So far, his successor has largely failed to deliver anything of note.  

32 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

I can't be the only one who sinks every time I see independence supporters turning their guns on each other over nonsense issues of no relevance to the vast majority of the populace...... surely.

Time to point at the true enemies again.

I have good friends who are unionists. I respect their opinions though I don't agree with them.

I wouldn't piss on a transphobe if they were on fire, and I couldn't care less what they think about constitutional politics. Same goes for racists, sexists, homophobes or whatever.

I know who my enemies are.

13 minutes ago, Burning Barns said:

Utter crap, but this is the level of "debate" to be expected from supporters of the New SNP, I guess.  

I’m a green, mate.

Alba are packed to rafters with transphobes. Every party has some, but they are a party with little else. This is indisputable.

Edit: I think I mind you now. You were the boy blaming the SNP/Greens for the fact no one voted Alba, rather than it being that Alba are a bunch of c***s.

You need not reply to me.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

40 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I have good friends who are unionists. I respect their opinions though I don't agree with them.

I wouldn't piss on a transphobe if they were on fire, and I couldn't care less what they think about constitutional politics. Same goes for racists, sexists, homophobes or whatever.

I know who my enemies are.

Interesting reaction.

It's interesting because it would appear that the whole Trans rights issue is not even on the UK governments radar. It is an issue that in no way has effected the UK political class. The UK government couldn't give a shite.

.......and yet it has caused a huge rift in the independence camp.

Edited by git-intae-thum
Typo

Just now, git-intae-thum said:

Interesting reaction.

It's interesting because it would appear that the whole Trans rights is not even on the UK governments radar. It is an issue that in no way has effected the UK political class. The UK government couldn't give a shite.

As a couple of the posts above show, some people have become completely zealotic on this issue, to the point where they believe others with differing opinions are beneath them.  Stories like this one for example, are why some people, mainly women, feel there is a conflict of interest between the concept of self-ID and the rights they are entitled to.  

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/north-lanarkshire-council-accused-of-callous-decision-to-withdraw-funding-for-womens-aid-services-3147513

The SNP/Green response is simply to denigrate and slander.  No debate is required, just sneering condescension and insults.

11 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Interesting reaction.

It's interesting because it would appear that the whole Trans rights issue is not even on the UK governments radar. It is an issue that in no way has effected the UK political class. The UK government couldn't give a shite.

Only it doesn't actually appear to have done so at all.

It's more like a tiny fraction are livid and trying to make it a big deal, while the vast, vast majority of the population don't give a shit, as slapping these folk down just seems cruel and a wee bit bigoted.

13 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Interesting reaction.

Do you see every issue through the prism of constitutional politics? Because it's completely irrelevant how the UK government feel about it. I'm supposed to side with transphobes because it might help the cause of independence (which I don't believe it will), which might be slightly better for gender recognition (though almost all of it is devolved)? When the reality is that the only reason we're going to get GRA reform is because the people you regard as splitters have stuck to their guns?

I'm fine with there being a rift in the independence camp. It's too big to have one set of values, same as the unionist camp includes both the Labour Party and the Brexit Party. But if you really want unity in the independence camp, how about you ask the transphobes to shut the fk up?

Unionists are just my opponents. Transphobes are my enemies.

6 minutes ago, Burning Barns said:

As a couple of the posts above show, some people have become completely zealotic on this issue, to the point where they believe others with differing opinions are beneath them.  Stories like this one for example, are why some people, mainly women, feel there is a conflict of interest between the concept of self-ID and the rights they are entitled to.  

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/north-lanarkshire-council-accused-of-callous-decision-to-withdraw-funding-for-womens-aid-services-3147513

The SNP/Green response is simply to denigrate and slander.  No debate is required, just sneering condescension and insults.

It's incredibly important to note that it's NOT "mainly" women who are opposed to gender recognition and self ID. This is factually wrong. It's mainly men. It's older people rather than younger, and it's right more that left. 

Trans people present no more danger to women than gay people do to children or black men do to white women. It's nothing but bullshit bogeyman stories and you're damn right I look down on the people who choose to believe it.

18 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Do you see every issue through the prism of constitutional politics? Because it's completely irrelevant how the UK government feel about it. I'm supposed to side with transphobes because it might help the cause of independence (which I don't believe it will), which might be slightly better for gender recognition (though almost all of it is devolved)? When the reality is that the only reason we're going to get GRA reform is because the people you regard as splitters have stuck to their guns?

I'm fine with there being a rift in the independence camp. It's too big to have one set of values, same as the unionist camp includes both the Labour Party and the Brexit Party. But if you really want unity in the independence camp, how about you ask the transphobes to shut the fk up?

Unionists are just my opponents. Transphobes are my enemies.

Oh dear

19 minutes ago, GordonS said:

It's incredibly important to note that it's NOT "mainly" women who are opposed to gender recognition and self ID. This is factually wrong. It's mainly men. It's older people rather than younger, and it's right more that left. 

Trans people present no more danger to women than gay people do to children or black men do to white women. It's nothing but bullshit bogeyman stories and you're damn right I look down on the people who choose to believe it.

You're conflating two separate things, examples of homophobia and racism, which have absolutely nothing to do with self-ID and should rightfully be condemned, because you believe it suits your argument.  

Women are entitled to expect to be around other females in certain spaces, such as, bathrooms, changing rooms, hospital wards, prisons, women's refuges, sports teams/competitions etc.  In my opinion, that isn't controversial. 

I respectfully disagree with self-ID, but I don't deny the life experiences of trans people and believe they deserve the same level of compassion and understanding as anyone else.    

Look down on who you like, though.  

8 hours ago, Burning Barns said:

You're conflating two separate things, examples of homophobia and racism, which have absolutely nothing to do with self-ID and should rightfully be condemned, because you believe it suits your argument.    

Given that you obviously don’t actually know what the GRA is, this is genuinely hilarious content.